How late can you linger on disembark day?

We were told everyone had to be off the ship by 9am. If I remember correctly, we had to show our sea card as we left, so they will know who is still onboard. The MDR and Windjammer were open until 8am for breakfast and we finished eating around 8:30, went back to our cabin, then took our luggage off the ship. Service was good the last day in the MDR.

We were told everyone had to be off the ship by 9am. If I remember correctly, we had to show our sea card as we left, so they will know who is still onboard. The MDR and Windjammer were open until 8am for breakfast and we finished eating around 8:30, went back to our cabin, then took our luggage off the ship. Service was good the last day in the MDR.

You have to scan your card as you leave so they know for a fact that everyone is off. They cannot start embarkation until every single guest from the previous cruise is off.

My hubby was sick one disembark morning & our steward was gracious to let us stay in our cabin until it was our turn to leave. He just couldn't go sit & wait in the public area. I picked up & cleaned our room so he wouldn't have to do much...

On the Jewel end May/early June I asked the cabin steward when I needed to be out -- he said 9; if I wanted to go to breakfast I could leave my bag in the cabin and come back for it -- or just stay in until 9.

On the Liberty in Dec, cabin steward said the same thing, 9am latest.

Jewel's last call off was supposed to be 9am - but it wasn't the passengers that were delaying the departure -- my tag number didn't get called until 9:15 and there was 8 more after me.

Like others, I've never encountered any rudeness; lack of service; etc from any crew member I've met the last day.

I've never had a room steward, dining waiter or buffett staff be rude on the last morning. I did have a Maitre'd on the Majesty who refused to seat me in the MDR as a solo at a table by myself - it was join others or buffett. He was quite blunt and rude about it. I am not a morning person, so buffett it was :rolleyes: One of the few bad service issues, and a very minor one at that, that I've ever experienced on a cruise.

We have never received poor or bad,rude service on the last day. Now I have encountered many RUDE & unhappy, Inconsiderate passengers on the last day. People that made me stop and think were those same people just on a wonderful week long cruise vacation ???? I would hate to go home in the mood that some of these people go home in! I don't like having to realize that my vacation is over and it's time to go home but I can't possibly be rude to others because of it! I found one thing that helps with the sting of that last day ....... It's called a BACK 2 BACK cruise! you get to skip at least one "GET OFF" day! :D

I knew you'd say this in this thread and I am here to refute this. Yes they want the disembarking passengers to move along, but in no way have I ever not received anything I needed help with on the last morning. Staff and crew still smiled at me right up until we left the building. I have to say I don't know what it is about you that you are not receiving any and all service right up until you leave... good grief....

:p:p:p

I call it "somewhat organized chaos". Ive never had a crew member be rude with me but I certainly have felt that the only thing they want is all of us off that ship ASAP! I cant imagine lingering onboard though. I want off that ship as soon as I can get off of it. The last two cruises we havent even eaten breakfast on board. Vacation was over last night and I accepted that. Its time to get on the road and start that 8-10 hour journey home :)

We all know how the OP you quoted just rants on and on and on and on and repeats stuff like a broken record that isnt necessarily true. We also all know she wont come back and answer you either :cool::D

Edited by ryano

Another thing to consider is your luggage, it is "filed" by debarkation time and if not claimed promptly can be moved to the "unclaimed" area, usually not conveniently located! Cheers!

We have never received poor or bad,rude service on the last day. Now I have encountered many RUDE & unhappy, Inconsiderate passengers on the last day. People that made me stop and think were those same people just on a wonderful week long cruise vacation ???? I would hate to go home in the mood that some of these people go home in! I don't like having to realize that my vacation is over and it's time to go home but I can't possibly be rude to others because of it! I found one thing that helps with the sting of that last day ....... It's called a BACK 2 BACK cruise! you get to skip at least one "GET OFF" day! :D

That doesn't offset 2 musters in my opinion though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I do recall reading something in the compass about a late departure option for a small fee, something equivalent to a day pass at a hotel but I think you still needed to be out of your cabin by a certain time and could only use the public areas.

The folks in the cabin next to us on our May cruise on the Vision had talked about doing this as they had family getting on as they were getting off...

We all know how the OP you quoted just rants on and on and on and on and repeats stuff like a broken record that isnt necessarily true. We also all know she wont come back and answer you either :cool::D

And in her case it might actually be true since it is easy to understand that the staff can't wait for her to be off the ship. I know I would feel the same way if I ever had the misfortune to sail with her.

And in her case it might actually be true since it is easy to understand that the staff can't wait for her to be off the ship. I know I would feel the same way if I ever had the misfortune to sail with her.

That was my point - like what did she do that the staff are rude to her and "any and all service is conspicuously missing on the last day"? *sigh*

Boy, you've got that right......

Here is how it goes on disembarkation Day.

"I want to stay longer in my stateroom my flight leaves next week".

Stateroom Attendant" I'm sorry but I need to clean your room so that my new guests will have a clean room just like you did when you arrived".

"No but I paid for full days so why not let me stay on until 12 noon"

Call from Front Desk

"Mr. Smith we see that you have not disembarked is everything ok"

"Well no I just can't get off the ship".

"Mr. Smith I ask you to please disembark at this time or else I will be sending security to assist you"

"Do what you want but I am just one more night away from Diamond Plus so please let me stay"

"Mr. Smith let me see if we have availability for the next segment"

"Mr. Smith I'm sorry but all I am showing is an Owners Suite for $130040.

"Mr. Smith says yea I'll take it"

I have a junior suite. Will I have a late check out?

Oh well if you have got a JS that's different.

f you mean you have got a JS for the next cruise.

f you had a JS for the last cruise, time to go.

Hey I don't mind the muster drill at all!! I've learned you don't rush down first thing, that way you don't have to stand there quite as long ! I also have option 2 which is try and book a cabin that allows you to have a muster station in the dining room!!! Which is where we are this time

That doesn't offset 2 musters in my opinion though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

First cruise coming up. I am wondering how late you will be allowed to linger on board the ship on the last day. I don't have anywhere to be until 11. Are you allowed to sit around the public areas or eat a late breakfast? When is the last possible time you can be in your room? Thanks.

All the answers are good ones. The exact time varies a little bit. Watch the monitors/announcements about the different times and notice the last time listed. The only time we stayed on was at Miami when we had a 2pm flight and I had no post cruise excursion. We sat on the pool deck and the crew ignored us until that last departure group was called. Shortly after than they start calling names of people who haven't left yet. We didn't wait that long and I'm confident we didn't delay the next people boarding.

Hey I don't mind the muster drill at all!! I've learned you don't rush down first thing, that way you don't have to stand there quite as long ! I also have option 2 which is try and book a cabin that allows you to have a muster station in the dining room!!! Which is where we are this time

To each his own. I asked some time ago why there wasn't a list of those cabins that have muster in DR. Though I do recall coming from pool and sitting in there still slightly damp. :eek:

To each his own. I asked some time ago why there wasn't a list of those cabins that have muster in DR. Though I do recall coming from pool and sitting in there still slightly damp. :eek:

I remember that thread and am somewhat surprised someone hasn't come up with that last. Maybe the logistics would be too hard. My first 3 muster were pure agony in Miami standing in the hot tub wearing life vests while 60 people were pushing you into the bulkhead. We know without the vest its a little better, but I perfected the timing of muster on the Voyager and Freedom class ships so that I arrived before they started getting mad at people and didn't keep people waiting, but the only time I got to muster inside was the schooner bar on Jewel in 2014. We heard the announcement just as my wife started putting in her contacts. She finished and we ended up getting in there about 4 minutes after the alarm and we were the last ones there and they had been calling our name. Embarrasing and so not me. My two times on Allure have been in the Aquatheater and there my tip is to get there early to get one of the more comfortable seats not in the direct sun.

I remember that thread and am somewhat surprised someone hasn't come up with that last. Maybe the logistics would be too hard. My first 3 muster were pure agony in Miami standing in the hot tub wearing life vests while 60 people were pushing you into the bulkhead. We know without the vest its a little better, but I perfected the timing of muster on the Voyager and Freedom class ships so that I arrived before they started getting mad at people and didn't keep people waiting, but the only time I got to muster inside was the schooner bar on Jewel in 2014. We heard the announcement just as my wife started putting in her contacts. She finished and we ended up getting in there about 4 minutes after the alarm and we were the last ones there and they had been calling our name. Embarrasing and so not me. My two times on Allure have been in the Aquatheater and there my tip is to get there early to get one of the more comfortable seats not in the direct sun.

Our Oasis was in the Promenade. We watched people still getting on and one family leaving. :what: