Fitness Center Shower Question

Love Cruis'n

For a family of four, including 2 teens, all crammed into an inside cabin, we are wondering how difficult it would be for one to go down to the fitness center and use that shower.

Are there towels available, some degree of privacy, and some sort of changing area, where one could leave the (post shower) clean clothes (not to mention the pre-shower garb)? I don't imagine you can get robes in an inside stateroom, or is that possible?

Thanks

There are great showers there, places to put your dry clothes and mirrors to do your hair...I have gone to the spa showers before because they have benches in the shower and it's easier to shave my legs there. They have plenty of towels and toiletries there as well.

Edited by SissyG

I don't imagine you can get robes in an inside stateroom, or is that possible?

Thanks

There are robes for everyone in your cabins. Sometimes they are still in the laundry on embarkation day, but just ask your steward for them.

I don't imagine you can get robes in an inside stateroom' date=' or is that possible?

Thanks[/quote']

Go to your personalizer...there is a box to check for robes. If your steward in "on the ball", they will be there when you board or soon after, if not just remind him.

Even with just two people in an inside cabin, I'll occasionally use the fitness center showers. As Sissy said, they're perfect for a careful leg shaving. I also like to condition/moisturize and then sit in the steam room (on a towel, of course) to let it soak in, then rinse off. I wear a swimsuit and make it work.

Years ago, they had goodies like razors and moisturizer in the locker rooms, but I haven't seen either in years.

Go to your personalizer...there is a box to check for robes. If your steward in "on the ball", they will be there when you board or soon after, if not just remind him.

I've always checked the box and have never had a robe in my cabin. From what I've read here on CC the robes are pretty much "one size fits nobody" so I don't really mind that I haven't received a robe even though I've checked the box on the personalizer.

(I think the robes come in sizes Small, Very Small, and Elfin.)

Edited by Thrak

I do think that there are lockers available for storing clothes etc.in the spa/fitness center shower rooms.

As for the robes,yes ,any cabin category can get robes supplied.

However, I am a size 10 and 5 foot 3inches tall and I have never had a robe to fit me comfortably.

A suggestion would be to pack your own robes and something to carry supplies to/from the showers ,much like those used in college dorms.

Yes, the fitness center showers are a great solution. There are towels, lockers, and the showers are private. My suggestion would be send the guys.....they usually need fewer products to prepare for the day or the evening.

Robes are available upon request, and if you ask your cabin steward they will be provided to you. Sometimes, even if you check the box in your personalizer you will have to ask for them, and they may not be available the first day. The ship's laundry is pretty busy with all the turn-around laundry, but they will show up the next day.

I don't think I'd want to wander from my cabin down the hall and up in the elevator to the fitness centre showers in one of those robes :eek:

They are indeed one size fits none, and I'd hate to be thrown off the ship for indecent exposure! :o Better to wear a track suit or something along those lines...

Yes! Take advantage of the extra showers in the fitness center. I always wore my bathing suit in and used my beach cover up to get back to the cabin to dress - no different than leaving the pool.

I always found plenty of towels, body wash, even shampoo and conditioner. It becomes a little difficult if you decide to dress there because you have to haul your dinner clothes along - but it can be done. Enjoy.

There are great showers there, places to put your dry clothes and mirrors to do your hair...I have gone to the spa showers before because they have benches in the shower and it's easier to shave my legs there. They have plenty of towels and toiletries there as well.

Newbie here. Is there a charge to use the showers please? I have no problem with paying, just would like to know if I need to put it in my Cruise Budget.

The bench sounds really attractive, I have balance problems so need to be careful. I might be confusing the Spa with the Sanctuary for which I know there is a charge. I won't do the Sanctuary this 1st trip-FAR too many other places to explore and enjoy.

Yes if love to know if you have to pay our sign up for the sofa showers and stream room? My husband is 6'4" tall... The shower in an inside room may get a little cozy.

I would not send one person or teen down alone... better two go.

Really? I prefer to shower alone, but maybe that's just me. I'm pretty sure it's safe; you know Norman Bates is a fictional character, right?

Newbie here. Is there a charge to use the showers please? I have no problem with paying, just would like to know if I need to put it in my Cruise Budget.

The bench sounds really attractive, I have balance problems so need to be careful. I might be confusing the Spa with the Sanctuary for which I know there is a charge. I won't do the Sanctuary this 1st trip-FAR too many other places to explore and enjoy.

No charge to use the showers in the SPA, but you probably will have a better and more convenient shower in your Window Suite! :D Since your WS is HC-Accessible you should have a bench seat in your shower already. The SPA is different from the Sanctuary.

I always enjoy your excitement over and your posts about your first upcoming cruise!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

No charge to use the showers in the SPA, but you probably will have a better and more convenient shower in your Window Suite! :D Since your WS is HC-Accessible you should have a bench seat in your shower already. The SPA is different from the Sanctuary.

I always enjoy your excitement over and your posts about your first upcoming cruise!

Happy Cruising!

Mark

THANK YOU! A former work colleague of mine has actually booked solo occupancy of an Inside Stateroom on Plaza Deck on the same cruise. He's 6 feet plus and well built, I was thinking that might be a more comfortable option for him-have heard the showers are compact, but not sure about that. I'm not comfortable with offering the use of the shower in the Window Suite as I have some medical problems that happen at the most inconvenient time and need quick access to a loo ASAP! Even with a shower curtain, we'd both be stressed if I needed the loo in a hurry while he was having a shower. I worked at the Front Desk on Reception, he was Security, so we knew each other well enough to share a table to eat lunch, or sit together when we had to travel to another site by bus, fortunately only once-we had another worker suffer travel sickness and he WASN'T a co-operative patient for the poor First Aid person-a right handful!

S. doesn't want to push the boundaries too far, he's delighted I've offered the chance to come visiting and spend some time in a Suite so he can see daylight. I found some containers complying with International Liquid size requirements so he can decant his preferred shampoo and conditioner for the cruise. He asked about power strips, told him no surge protect and I must buy one. He suggested he'd price a suitable one, and if I would give him the money, he'd get 1 for me-he knows more about the tech stuff than I do. We'll both have a laptop, a mobile, a camera and spare battery to charge. I'm bringing a folding cake cooler which I use underneath my laptop to provide some ventilation-have offered to bring 1 with me for him, mine has folding legs but I just put it in "landscape" position with the legs resting against the edge of the desk and the laptop on the wire frame. The folding legs keep the laptop elevated enough for air to circulate underneath so the laptop doesn't get too hot. I've given S. some money to get a power strip for me, he's delighted to be able to help in some way. With him working full time, his research time is limited, so I can help by monitoring Cruise Critic threads and noting any useful tips I find.

I believe some ships have a Family Suite of two bedrooms/bathrooms and shared sitting area, but not Disabled Accessible. Separate bedroom/bathroom would be ok. He did say< "If this cruise is a success, perhaps we could book adjoining Window Suites next time."

About 30 minutes until 68 weeks to Embarkation Day :D

My husband is 6ft 5" and has no problem with the showers in balcony cabin, outside cabin etc.

Robes sometimes aren't available day we board. The robes from previous cruise are collected in the morning when those people leave. Usually we get our robes next morning. By the way on the Crown, they have really nice

soft new robes. So not stretched out, they are long, and wide. I am not a large person but it appeared to have plenty room for any size.

No charge to use the showers in the SPA, but you probably will have a better and more convenient shower in your Window Suite! :D Since your WS is HC-Accessible you should have a bench seat in your shower already...

Also, your accessible bath should have an emergency call button for an attendant if needed; not sure if the spa showers would have one as handy.

Edited by SoCal Cruiser78

Also, your accessible bath should have an emergency call button for an attendant if needed; not sure if the spa showers would have one as handy.

Very good point. I'll tell S. he might need to go to the Spa/Fitness Centre showers if his shower is too small for him.

476 days to actually sailing! According to my time, we'll have just started the first Sea Day. According to the website, we depart at 1600 hrs. Got another good pair of shoes in a colour useful on the cruise, so will wear a couple of times, then put them aside in the suitcase.

Getting to the "Look Forward To Friday Because I'm Another Week Closer To Cruising" stage. Yes I am a Cruise Addict! :D