Now that the fire is out

That is a scrubber tower that goes into the engine exhaust pipe.

Thanks, There were actually three of these on the dock in PC. They're also installing scrubbers on Enchantment (the area above the solarium where the roof slides open was walled off and the area was layered in 2x12's.)

Thanks, There were actually three of these on the dock in PC. They're also installing scrubbers on Enchantment (the area above the solarium where the roof slides open was walled off and the area was layered in 2x12's.)

Virtually every cruise ship calling in US ports are being fitted with scrubbers. That appears to be the single engine type, that can be run without the scrubber water when outside the ECA. Many ships are only outfitting some engines with scrubbers, basing this on how many engines will be needed for typical itinerary within the US ECA. Should they need an additional engine without a scrubber, they must run it on diesel fuel. Those single engine scrubbers are about $1-1.5 million per engine, and will have a payback of 5-7 years based on the savings of residual fuel over diesel fuel.

This seems to be a lot of dialog about an event that none of the posters witnessed up close, or have any real knowledge of. What does it matter as long as repairs have been made and the ship is in working order?

:what:

You must be new, Chengkp75 is pretty much one of the most knowledgeable contributors on ocean going vessels that CC has the pleasure of counting amongst their members. Shape up or ship out

This seems to be a lot of dialog about an event that none of the posters witnessed up close, or have any real knowledge of. What does it matter as long as repairs have been made and the ship is in working order?

It's called inquisitiveness and a desire to learn from people far more knowledgeable than the rest of us.

:what:

You must be new, Chengkp75 is pretty much one of the most knowledgeable contributors on ocean going vessels that CC has the pleasure of counting amongst their members. Shape up or ship out

Well said :D

I also enjoy expanding my "limited" general knowledge. (The more you learn, the more you realize how little you know)

Besides learning from chengkp75's knowledge it matters to me that when I first read about the fire in the news, it seemed to be a very small incident.

But when I saw pictures on CC I first thought this must be a different accident cause it was looking much worse than from what I read in the news. Small fire on deck 0 (!!) is not the same to me as fire being visible from poolside on the funnel.

Well then, anwser the op's question. Are all the venues like the D Lounge and chapel reopened?

Well then, anwser the op's question. Are all the venues like the D Lounge and chapel reopened?

Could this be a ploy to turn the VCL into a suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen.;):eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

As of last night, we were in the VCL, and the chapel was closed. However, the today's compass indicated that there was some sort of worship service being held in the chapel this morning. Whether or not that actually took place, I have no idea.

Lots of workers on the upper levels of the ship. The only place I've noticed a lingering smoke smell is entering the 3-5 yr old kids area. Other than that, everything else seems to be operating business as usual.

As of last night, we were in the VCL, and the chapel was closed. However, the today's compass indicated that there was some sort of worship service being held in the chapel this morning. Whether or not that actually took place, I have no idea.

Lots of workers on the upper levels of the ship. The only place I've noticed a lingering smoke smell is entering the 3-5 yr old kids area. Other than that, everything else seems to be operating business as usual.

Thank you :) Enjoy your cruise! I can't wait for our next turn. I was dancing in the kitchen last night, singing "114 days", when my 10-year old said, "Mom, are you trying to practice for the double digit dance?"

You know you are a cruise addict when your 10 year old knows what the double digit dance is :D

Thanks for the update.

M

We were on that sailing... you've probably seen this by now, but here is what the Captain said.
[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wff_Oulq3yw[/url]

When asking about where the fire originated, we were always told it started on Deck 0 and spread to 15.

The BRAVO BRAVO BRAVO announcement definitely said Deck 0,15 I do remember.