New bar menu in Ensemble lounge on Reflection

groryjm

Thank you for posting. Hopefully the Equinox has the same menu. Much better (even if many are extra cost on the premium package) than what was on the Equinox in March.

Greg, thanks for posting the new menu. Glad to see some "new" additions to the cocktail menu. But those wine prices! They make NYC prices look cheap. I purchase some of those wines by the bottle and bottle price is averaging about 1.5 times the price of a glass on X. Before the extortionate 18% GRATUITY.

I don't think there's one drink I can have on my Classic Package :(

While your choices for mixed drinks at that particular bar with only that list are non existant, there are wine and beer choices listed that still qualify under the classic package. Of course you don't have to just order those mixed drinks at that bar unlike the non defunct Molecular Bar, if you want a Stoll and OJ or a Bacardi and Coke , you're good to go. Of course you could always upgrade to the premium package and be able to have many more libations to choose from. ;)

Edited by SNJCruisers

I don't think there's one drink I can have on my Classic Package :(

There are 5 wine btg choices and 1 beer. But as SNJCruisers mentioned, for the cost of one of the other selections, you could upgrade and have them all included.:)

EW

Thanks so much for sharing :). The cocktails sound wonderful and I love the menu design, very stylish. Here's hoping Celebrity roll this menu out to all their ships as I've been fretting that the World Class bar is not going to come close to filling the Molecular Bar's shoes as far as we're concerned. At least we'd have another option for cocktails with this menu in the Ensemble Lounge.

Am I correct in saying none of the white wines are in the classic package allowance? :confused:

Looks like it. The classic allowance is $6 for beer, $8 for cocktails and $9 for wine, so wine-wise, you can get the prosecco, the X house 'champagne', the syrah, the rosé, and the white zin.

The only beer you can get is the Heineken, and you can't get any of the cocktails.

It's a shame, because I was able to get a very nice New Zealand Marlborough Sauvignon Balnce in the Ensemble Bar last year on the Eclipse.

I didn't feel the need to upgrade my package last year. I'll give it a few days this year and see how it goes. :)

Greetings

Decoy at $18.50/glass plus grat. That's crazy. You can buy it all day for $20-24/bottle. So if you have the Premium Package it will cost you $5.50/glass plus grat. That means if you and your SO have 2 glasses each then you have paid full retail for the bottle just in upcharges.

Good Sailing

Tom

Greetings

Decoy at $18.50/glass plus grat. That's crazy. You can buy it all day for $20-24/bottle. So if you have the Premium Package it will cost you $5.50/glass plus grat. That means if you and your SO have 2 glasses each then you have paid full retail for the bottle just in upcharges.

Good Sailing

Tom

Tom, I venture to say that there are no 4 star dinning establishments in Florida that will let you bring in a bottle bought across the street at a Total Wine store. At least the nice joints in Texas don't.

My wife's fav is $39.00 per at Total, in our favorite restaurant we just paid $68.00 for the same bottle. By the glass it is $20. Apples to apples.

EW

Thank you for posting! We aren't on Reflection till Jan, but will definitely be trying some of these out.

Hoping I too can get a "last voyage" with vodka. Interested in trying the Champagne cocktails too!

Thanks again.

I'm assuming there were more craft beers than on this menu?

Based on my experience that would not be a good assumption for this location. You will find the craft beers at other locations like the wine cellar or passport bar. This will be a more limited choice than what was previously served in the Reflection's Michael's club.

I'm assuming there were more craft beers than on this menu?

On most of the ship's the craft beer selection has been moved to the Passport Bar. And I seem to remember :rolleyes: don't say it! That on one S-Class they were put into Cellar Masters.

We sailed on the Equinox last yr, and are returning this yr. The GastroBar selection was very nice, 25-35 to chose from. On the Reflection in 2013 we had close to 50 choices in Michaels.

EW

I do like Grgich Hills Chard and Duckhorn Cab, and would be willing to pay the surcharge over my $13 premium limit, especially when on vacation (I paid it in SS United States on Infinity). But dang if they serve it to me in inferior stemware that I can throw against the wall and it doesn't break! :eek: If you're going to sell $20 glasses of wine, you'd better serve it in proper Reidel stemware, Celebrity. After all, you're the ones who tout a "Modern Luxury" experience and product! :rolleyes:

Edited by BEAV