The latest disembarkation in Civitavecchia

cruza

Last time we were there they had everyone off by 9-9:30. If you are flying to the U.S. you should plan to be at the airport 2hours ahead & I would allow 1hr to get to the airport. It could be faster but last time we were there there was a train strike so highways were clogged. That time it took almost 2 hours to get to Rome.

Last time we were there they had everyone off by 9-9:30. If you are flying to the U.S. you should plan to be at the airport 2hours ahead & I would allow 1hr to get to the airport. It could be faster but last time we were there there was a train strike so highways were clogged. That time it took almost 2 hours to get to Rome.

Thanks for the info. It's not a first time we are flying from FCO and we have some idea about transfer. But we curious if X still allow to leave at/after 9 am.

We have plenty of time to get to airport and pass thru security.

Mike

Thanks for the info. It's not a first time we are flying from FCO and we have some idea about transfer. But we curious if X still allow to leave at/after 9 am.

We have plenty of time to get to airport and pass thru security.

Mike

You should be able to get off around 9:30. We disembarked about that time last year, weren't in any hurry as we were renting a car, decided to let the crowds die down first. BTW there were already people lined up right outside the luggage tent to get ON the ship!

You can buy more time because you are in Europe,mist called Exend your stay, you can say until afternoon, but it seems pricey, you still have to be out of your room but you can have lunch and lounge around if you want to

Conventional wisdom says to be at FCO three hours before your flight. . .

In June we disembarked at 9.45, after waiting in the bar opposite guest services. They tried to hurry us out from 9.00 but we just pointed out our bags were scheduled in their 9.45 delivery slot (the last one you can select) and therefore our car was booked for 10.00. They didn't hassle us after that explanation.

Our flight btw was 13.15.

When the latest disembarkation is allowed by X in Port of Civitavecchia?

Our flight is leaving FCO after 1 pm.

Thank you,

Mike

We have just got off Reflection in Civitavecchia and everyone was expected to be off the ship by 0945. Disembarkation started at 0700 and was very well organised.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all.....we scheduled a later pick up (9:30 am) since we are staying a couple nights in Rome and thought it might be nice not to have to rush that morning. So from what is said, that time would be ok, but do they still serve breakfast until then? Or do we still have to be out of the room by 8:00 am, and have finished breakfast then too? Or can we leave and go to a dining room and have a "relaxed" breakfast?

We have an 8pm flight home on our disembarkation day, and plan to do extend your stay option for the first time, does anyone know what they do with your luggage for the day when you choose this please?

Will be nice change to not be kicked off the ship while I am still half asleep!

We have an 8pm flight home on our disembarkation day, and plan to do extend your stay option for the first time, does anyone know what they do with your luggage for the day when you choose this please?

Will be nice change to not be kicked off the ship while I am still half asleep!

Louise,

Your luggage will go off the night before, as per usual. It is waiting in the terminal when you disembark on the late departure extension plan. You will have to vacate your cabin, but certain areas are allowed to be used - from memory, the pools, Oceanview and lounges etc. We were issued bands to wear so that they were visible to the staff. No room was provided for our carryon (I think this depends on ship, guest services etc. as we did ask but nowhere was available), so we had to take it with us as we moved around the ship.

Thank you, thats good to know. But nervous about our cases sitting unattended though in the terminal...

Everyones case is "unattended". Just don't put valuables out. The pools were meshed off this morning and the gym and spa closed up tight.

Edited by Pushka

To those of you flying out of FCO, I encourage you to pad your time due to the devestating terminal fire this past spring. Transit from entry to gate in many cases is strained still. This particularly affects international flights.

Hope the OP doesn't mind if I ask a question.

I have arranged a bus transfer from the port to FCO and the instructions are "Take the free Port Mobility shuttle from your ship's pier to the Drop-off point near the port gate ..." - this is for a 9.15-9.30 am departure.

Could anyone who is familiar with the port and embarkation here please suggest what time we need to request to make this time with ease? My natural inclination ..... I'm a bit of a worrier ..... is to be off as early as possible. DH though, is not quite so keen on hanging around :rolleyes: