AMA food menus photos and video

harbourside

http://kimandcarrie.com/whats-the-food-like-on-an-amawaterways-river-cruise-menus-photos-and-videos/

I found this link recently. Lots of menus, and photos of meals plus a video of the breakfast and lunch buffets. For all of you that ask the question. What is the food like????

Thx so much but now I am sooo hungry. Doing Spain & Provence next year. Hope someone on my itinerary will post similar

Carole

We were on the AMA Sonata last Nov. and the offerings were different. I don't recall any of the items pictured-at least not as they appeared. I can tell you that AMA likes to change things up so meals are a surprise. After all, this is all part of the experience. I would just take the web site postings as "representative" of the offerings on an AMA cruise. That said, I doubt that you will be disappointed in the food.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau
fixed typo at poster's request

Did you mean to type that?

We have rarely been disappointed in the food on our AMA cruises. Expecting more of the same this fall.

OMG, read the post over twice and didn't catch that. Thanks for pointing it out-we were NOT disappointed in the food or the presentation.

If Host Jazzbeau reads this and can correct my mistake, I will appreciate it.

[Done. --Jazz]

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

What month? We are beginning of Sept 2016. Foods looks great!

Next July as a total surprise for DH 65th. Incidentally for everyone on this itinerary-no matter the date can/could we share any research/hints/suggestions etc ?

Carole

OMG....Thanks for sharing this with us:)I am going on my first river

cruise with AMA in April:D......the food looks awesome!!!....I want to participate

in the Chef's Dinner. Do you make reservations pre-cruise/after final payment?

Or can you reserve a spot after you board the ship?

Edited by Lois R

http://kimandcarrie.com/whats-the-food-like-on-an-amawaterways-river-cruise-menus-photos-and-videos/

I found this link recently. Lots of menus, and photos of meals plus a video of the breakfast and lunch buffets. For all of you that ask the question. What is the food like????

Wow, that looks awesome! I don't think anyone is going to go hungry on an AMA cruise! Thank you for sharing. :)

If anyone has the Wealth of Entertainment Channel, check out their Dream Cruise schedule. I have watched the two below and loved them! I even have them saved on my DVR.

Dolce

Medieval castles, landscapes rich in history, customs several centuries old, and stunning architecture, are witnesses to the splendor of bygone eras. This is a taste of the adventure that lies ahead as we sail the Danube, Europe’s majestic river.

Prima

This Christmas Time Dream Cruises follows the passengers of the riverboat Amaprima, as it winds its way through the heart of Europe in the days preceding Christmas.

Although it was 2007 when we were on AmaDagio, we had NO complaints about anything. We still say out of all our cruising and vacations, that Rivercruise was the most enjoyable ever! Yes, let's share is we can. I know we will not be doing the optional cabaret dinner/show. Read too many negatives and SIL said it was not worth the $$$. Instead we are going to Versailles for the day and won't be pressed for time to get back for that excursion. Looking at Biz for airfare on my FF points, are they crazy??!!! Ugh!

LOVED the look of the beef. After struggling to get it rare enough on Celebrity Xpedition, this was mouth-watering. Really looking forward to our AMA cruise next month!

I like my beef still kickin when it arrives so I know what you mean! Hope you have a safe and enjoyable cruise. Can I ask what airlines your flying? We usually fly Delta.

Edited by SCHappilyRetired

I like my beef still kickin when it arrives so I know what you mean! Hope you have a safe and enjoyable cruise. Can I ask what airlines your flying? We usually fly Delta.

Delta this time. We seem to alternate between DL and AA, whichever has non-stops from NYC.

cruise with AMA in April:D......the food looks awesome!!!....I want to participate

Lois, you can sign up the day you board-first come, first served. Best to do it then so you get the day of your choice. Check your itinerary and pick a night when there is nothing special planned for the evening. A couple on our cruise chose the first night and were late arriving because the were at the Octoberfest party held for all those embarking. They were turned away and had to choose another night.

You can only reserve once on board.

I like my beef still kickin when it arrives so I know what you mean! Hope you have a safe and enjoyable cruise.

DH and I both like our beef rare and they have always been accommodating.

We now fly Virgin in Premium when we go to Europe and then hop on EasyJet to get where we are going. Biz fares are just too high and coach not my idea of fun. Air France also have a very nice Premium section but they no longer offer direct flights from our airport.

Although it was 2007 when we were on AmaDagio, we had NO complaints about anything. We still say out of all our cruising and vacations, that Rivercruise was the most enjoyable ever! Yes, let's share is we can. I know we will not be doing the optional cabaret dinner/show. Read too many negatives and SIL said it was not worth the $$$. Instead we are going to Versailles for the day and won't be pressed for time to get back for that excursion. Looking at Biz for airfare on my FF points, are they crazy??!!! Ugh!

We were on AmaDagio in November and had some concerns as to the age of the boat. They were totally unfounded. We had a great trip, even with the river not cooperating. I wrote a very detailed review here on CC.