Someone is not eating their share of the rolls on Oasis

Happy Friday,

The other night I was watching the Oasis of the Seas episode of Extreme Cruise Ships (I have in saved on my DVR for moments of weakness :o) and they mentioned they baked around 28,000 rolls every week.

Now if you take the passenger count down to an even 6,000 that is 4 and 2/3 rolls per person for the week. Come on, I eat that many the first 2 days. Who is not holding their own on the roll count? :p :D

And I love the pumpkin seed rolls. :)

Edited by PCWalton1

I need to cruise with a less practical mind set, as this string proves. Afraid I regularly think of finite stomach capacity (which I do not care to stretch), and what are the delights that I want to delight in, to put there. Normal, I guess, so far. But then there's the matter of nutritional value of those delights, that seems to dominate.

The crew gets a share of the rolls also

They sometimes bake specifically for the crew. When we were on Radiance our filipina waiter told us in the mornings they bake Philippine pandasal (which is a roll I am fond of) and to request it at breakfast in MDR. I did and they were delicious. :D

The ones with cheese on the crust are my new favorite

ooh, I forgot about those. Especially when they are hot so the butter melts. On our Rhapsody cruise to Hawaii we actually shifted out MTD reservations 10 minutes later as that was when the fresh hot rolls were ready. :D

Happy Friday,

The other night I was watching the Oasis of the Seas episode of Extreme Cruise Ships (I have in saved on my DVR for moments of weakness :o) and they mentioned they baked around 28,000 rolls every week.

Now if you take the passenger count down to an even 6,000 that is 4 and 2/3 rolls per person for the week. Come on, I eat that many the first 2 days. Who is not holding their own on the roll count? :p :D

Sounds more like the daily and not the weekly production.

I would love to see that episode, wonder if I can find it online!

Whoever posted it cut it up into 6 pieces but it is here on you tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9QI8PNyo_8&index=1&list=PLE006F9F7FE1B3EF9

When it is on TV it is normally on one of the Discovery channels.

Edited by PCWalton1

They sometimes bake specifically for the crew. When we were on Radiance our filipina waiter told us in the mornings they bake Philippine pandasal (which is a roll I am fond of) and to request it at breakfast in MDR. I did and they were delicious. :D

Great story and I can tell you have a great respect for crew members:)

Happy Friday,

Are you sure it isn't per day ? What about sandwiches in the buffet and buns at breakfast. Rolls a could be a general term for everything except bread loafs.

Edited by Kamloops50

It's hard to eat just one:eek:....and the butter is really good:D

It is a not so well known fact that butter tastes better at sea. Unfortunately my per diem roll consumption is offset by my obsession with the cranberry brioche served for breakfast in the WJ. It is also an excellent butter companion.