Ep

rover11

We are still searching for the right cruise, currently looking at the Emerald Princess in November out of FL. and have a few questions. Could someone explain the difference between a covered and uncovered balcony. Also, are there opportunities for midnight snacking? Any crab legs served on the EP?

thank you

Edited by rover11
i mentioned the wrong ship

IC is open 24 hours, always a good snack there. Most ships have a seafood buffet called Crab Shack, usually with crab legs, but it is extra cost and only one or two nights per week. Covered means the floor of the balcony on the deck above yours is over your balcony. Uncovered means sky is the only thing over you.

Emerald Princess is one of our very favorite cruise ships! We're booked on her for 19 days in January. :)

As mentioned, the IC (International Café) has great snacks 24 Hours a day at n/c.

In Vines Bar sushi & tapes are at n/c with the purchase of any drink beginning at about 5 o'clock in the afternoon.

A couple of nights a week one of the buffets is make into Crab Shack which is at extra cost.

Princess is known for having the best pizza on the high seas so give it a try if you're a pizza lover. n/c

Look forward to having a wonderful cruise! :D

LuLu

Also, are there opportunities for midnight snacking? Any crab legs served on the EP?

thank you

Crab Shack as mentioned, $20/pp menu includes a selection of buckets of sea food including crab legs. Held a few times in a closed off section of Cafe Caribe. Make reservations on board.

Snacking, all free:

As mentioned International Cafe open 24 hours.

Buffet, Trident Grill and Pizza Bar open until 11pm, buffet may be open until midnight.

Room service is no charge 24 hours except there is a $3 service charge for a pizza. Most passengers tip cash for room service.

Free fruit is available for your cabin. There is an order card in your cabin.

Every cabin has a fridge to keep items cool.

Edited by sknight

I appreciate all the responses. i looked at the Princess website, but didnt see whether coffee is free and where is it available? Also can we bring bottled water onboard?

Coffee is free and available in the buffet/dining room/room service.

Yes you can bring on water and/or soda.

I appreciate all the responses. i looked at the Princess website, but didnt see whether coffee is free and where is it available? Also can we bring bottled water onboard?

Yes, you can bring bottled water on board. I usually bring a case as I am particular about my brand. Free coffee is available in the Horizon court until about 10 pm. The IC has coffee and if you buy a coffee card, you can get 15 specialty coffees and unlimited fresh brewed American coffee. I think the card is worth it if you like coffee. There are many threads about the good and the bad of Princess coffee - the free stuff.

Yes, you can bring bottled water on board. I usually bring a case as I am particular about my brand. Free coffee is available in the Horizon court until about 10 pm. The IC has coffee and if you buy a coffee card, you can get 15 specialty coffees and unlimited fresh brewed American coffee. I think the card is worth it if you like coffee. There are many threads about the good and the bad of Princess coffee - the free stuff.

Once the Horizon Court closes (around 11 PM), free coffee is available at the IC until the buffet opens up again in the morning.