Coffee card punches

andrek

You are partially right. Free fresh brew is only on the cruise that the coffee card was purchased. But if you have older cards you can still get the fresh brew but they should punch for it on the older cards. Have heard it varies from ship to ship and knowledge of staff on board.

If you have unmarked cards. I have five of them. They can be used on all cruises. I have one given to me by Princess Corporate that is unmarked.

If you have unmarked cards. I have five of them. They can be used on all cruises. I have one given to me by Princess Corporate that is unmarked.

That's the only way to go. :) We also had two but once they were presented for coffee the bar person filled in the back. :(

Yes. The punched card I have is marked but the other three are "clean". They should get marked when I present them for use.

I just got an email from Princess telling me I can purchase beverage packages ahead of time. I was wondering if I got the coffee card, and I get a double cappuccino or any other double coffee drink will it be one or two punches. I know this may sound like a stupid question, but I like my coffee drinks strong and am wondering how many cards I need to purchase for a 15 day cruise.

Thanks in advance.

I agree it could very from person to person. Normally I re-use my cards that still have punches on them. When I'm getting brewed coffee (which I drink most of the time) I have them punch the card if it is from a previous cruise. I have found that as the cruise goes on that they start to recognize you and don't always punch the card. I will show it and sometimes they take it and punch it and sometimes they just fill my coffee cup.

Island Princess 2008 Alaska, Island Princess 2009 (B2B) Alaska, Royal Princess (Old) 2010 Alaska, Golden Princess 2011 Alaska, Coral Princess 2012 Panama Canal, Star Princess 2012 Alaska, Island Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2013 Western Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 Eastern Caribbean, Royal Princess 2014 New England, Emerald Princess 2014 Western Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Western Caribbean, Ruby Princess 2015 Alaska

I don't drink coffee but had a card to get hot chocolate. Had to show the card and you got the hot chocolate but no punches. Does anyone know if this is still true

I have found it to be true on all Princess ships except the Ocean and the Pacific.

I do not know why those are the exception.

How do you get unmarked coffee card?

We are currently Elite . We traded our bar setup on the last two cruises for 2 coffee cards on each cruise. I also had an earlier card that was sent to me from Princess Corporate office ( can't remember why).

While I've never tried it, I have read that when the buffet is closed it's possible to get free brewed coffee at the International Café even without a coffee card.

Not true. On the Star in July there was no free coffee in the IC.

Not true. On the Star in July there was no free coffee in the IC.

Apparently then it varies as others have posted getting free brewed coffee overnight at the IC when the buffet is closed.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Apparently then it varies as others have posted getting free brewed coffee overnight at the IC when the buffet is closed.

Interesting. :confused: I recall although the food sections were closed at the buffet from Midnight (or 1 AM) until 5 AM, the drink area was open for self-service hot coffee, hot tea, iced tea and ice/water. Maybe that's changed now too?!?:eek:

Hello. Possibly booking on the Diamond for November. It will be my first time with Princess. Is it actually cheaper to use the coffee card than buying the coffees individually, or is it just the convenience of not having to sign each time? What I mean is what is the price of, for example, a latte on board? The coffee card is $33.35 for 15 drinks = $2.22 per drink.

Regards

Jan

These were the coffee prices on the Sapphire last month. The Coffee Card was $33.35 ($29.00 + 15% gratuity).

2011-04%20-%20Coffee%20Menu%201%20-%20Expresso%20and%20Coffee.jpg

Hello. Possibly booking on the Diamond for November. It will be my first time with Princess. Is it actually cheaper to use the coffee card than buying the coffees individually, or is it just the convenience of not having to sign each time? What I mean is what is the price of, for example, a latte on board? The coffee card is $33.35 for 15 drinks = $2.22 per drink.

Regards

Jan

Searching this forum & online I could only find this photo from over 4 years ago. The coffee card cost is still the same & should give you an idea about the regular price of brewed & specialty coffee drinks. Between the 15 specialty coffee drinks good on any Princess cruise & unlimited free brewed coffee during the cruise the card is purchased, it's cost-effective for me. :)

Regards

Jan

G'day Jan will that be the 6 Nov Perth - Syd via NZ?

But remember that $1.75 will be in US$ plus Grat. The $3.50 [for a cafe latte] will be near on AUS$5.00

In US$ the 15 large cappuccinos cost $60.38 ($52.50+15% tip) plus getting free brewed coffee for the duration of the cruise where the coffee card was purchased.

In US$ the 15 large cappuccinos cost $60.38 ($52.50+15% tip) plus getting free brewed coffee for the duration of the cruise where the coffee card was purchased.

Or about AUS$80 at today's exchange rate.

G'day Jan will that be the 6 Nov Perth - Syd via NZ?

Sure is! I had to have a last minute cancellation in June for an Iceland/Actic cruise with HAL. So as some sort of consolation to myself for that, I think I'll do this one to keep me going until next year when I can try again for Iceland!! I have a cabin on hold and will make the final decision by Thursday! I live in Perth, so not much to worry about other than the flight home from Sydney on FF points!!

Regards

Jan

Thanks Astro Flyer. So it seems that whether the cost of the coffee being good value is debatable, the card itself is!!;)

Regards

Jan