Guest onboard while in Port

baronessk

I apologize if this is covered somewhere but I could not find it. While in St. Thomas Christmas Eve Day, I would live to have a friend visit the ship. She works there in the winter. Does anyone know if this is even possible before I call Princess? Thanks.

Not even grandchild with a notarized letter from the parents authorizing it? One would think that a small child should not be considered a security risk.

No, but the people who bring the child to the ship might be suspect. In this world today, they don't make exceptions when it comes to security.

Not even grandchild with a notarized letter from the parents authorizing it? One would think that a small child should not be considered a security risk.

No problem. Just get out your way-back machine, set it for about 1982, and then not only could the grandchild come but you could also have your entire family in your stateroom until they make an announcement that it's time for visitors to disembark.

Good point Shredie. Was't thinking asking about an exception, just musing about the good old days when security was't so tight as it understandably is now.

I understand. I wish I could take my grandchildren on the ship for a day (other than BVE.)

My wife and I had my college roommate and his wife visit us onboard in Ft. Lauderdale prior to departure. They had to do the following.

Have passports.

Be preregistered with Princess.

Almost forgot

Pay for the seven night cruise.

For those that are confused about the above post it is a joke.

Sadly in this day and age because of certain people we can not have nlce things like our friends and family coming onboard the ship prior to departure.

My wife and I had my college roommate and his wife visit us onboard in Ft. Lauderdale prior to departure. They had to do the following.

Have passports.

Be preregistered with Princess.

Almost forgot

Pay for the seven night cruise.

For those that are confused about the above post it is a joke.

Sadly in this day and age because of certain people we can not have nlce things like our friends and family coming onboard the ship prior to departure.

Hahaha good one. :D

Security issues.

Well that might be part of it but the other part is that they just don't want to get into doing that. Lots of people come on in ports along the way. New entertainers, new crew, repair people for various systems onboard, travel agent tours, crew family and friends if they are from the port in question.

Too bad they wouldn't expand on the BVE idea and allow people to prearrange visits onboard in ports for a fee. It is good advertising for Princess and a possible new revenue source. Many people never have the opportunity to take advantage of the BVE's which are only in some if the US ports so far.

We will visit Charlottetown PEI twice on our upcoming B2B cruise on CB in October. I will visit a long time friend there whom I have never met before! He will never be able to cruise anywhere due to health problems and I too would LOVE to be able to pay to bring him onboard for a few hours on one of the two stops.

Terry

Sorry

Rhyming slang

Sticky short for Sticky Beak = Peek [a peek being a quick look].

Now I could have said so they can have a quick butchers at my cabin.

Butchers = Butcher's hook = look.

Sorry.