Tipping protocol on Princess cruises

My husband and I will be first time cruisers when we travel aboard the Coral Princess from Vancouver to Whittier off a 7 day cruise on August 19th this year.

We are staying in a minu suite

We would like to know about the tipping protocol onboard. According to the cruise info sheet Princess apply a $15 a day per passenger charge to cover gratuities for all crew. Do we need to tip each bar tender, waitress, room steward etc over and above this for each drink or service we get throughout the cruise or does the charge applied by Princess cover this?

Your Onboard account will be charged US$12 per person per day for gratuities. These will cover the cabin steward, waiters and assistant waiters as well as people behind the scenes that help them. No need to give any of them additional unless you feel their service warrants it.

Anytime you purchase a drink, 15% will be added for the gratuity. No need to give anything extra unless you want to.

Yu may want to contacts the moderators to see about changing your Cruise Critic screen name. Do you want everyone on CC having your email address?

Yes, I noticed the same.

I've occasionally chanced quoting my e-mail address in a post (using the word dot instead of a dot etc, to hopefully avoid spammers' auto-readers) but having it at the top of every post is much more of a risk.

JB :)

As others have replied ... You're totally covered with the Auto-Tip. :)

Whatever extra you may want to tip some who have been especially helpful to you is totally up to you and not required. We do the extra tips in ca$h. :D

Note: Most do tip a few dollars (cash) when ordering something from room service. ;)

LuLu

We have cruise Princess for years, along with a number of other lines.

We usually book a mini suite, generally the auto tip is $12.50, may have gone up to $13.00 per person in a mini suite.

Even with auto tip, if we get "very good service" we generally tip extra (this is opitonal) in cash to our room service (we are demanding passengers want sheets changed regularly for example, clean towels, ice); plus if we get good service in the MDR we tip the Head Waiter, Waiter and Assistant and Matre'd, we get a table for 2, often order off menu due to special dietary needs; and we are not big drinkers - usually have wine with dinner; if we go to one of the venues, we usually have ice water vs a drink. When we do we tip the server $5, a few times, then we often get ice water any time we want. If we ask for something special in the buffet that is not out, we tip a couple of dollars, we tip for Room Service deliveries $2-$3 dollars when ever we order something. This is an example of what we do, it is totally optional.

atime mes,%5erersks igic to tar mapllaninghas to ase otraprin

Yes, I noticed the same.

I've occasionally chanced quoting my e-mail address in a post (using the word dot instead of a dot etc, to hopefully avoid spammers' auto-readers) but having it at the top of every post is much more of a risk.

JB :)

Yes I have tried to change my username from email address but don't know how

Any ideas?

Thanks

Any ideas?

Thanks

I don't think you can just change it. But, you can start a new account, and abandon this one. It will eventually drop off the front page and to the back of the threads.

OR, you can click on the red triangle in the upper right of one of your posts and ask the moderators to either change or delete the account.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Per the CruiseCritic Guidelines at the top of the page, here is what you need to know:

"User Names & Signatures

"You are allowed one Cruise Critic user name per person.

"Although we are often amused and awed by the creativity of our members when in comes to the selection of a USER NAME for use in the community, Cruise Critic reserves the right to change and/or delete any USER NAME in our sole discretion. Please do not create names that are vulgar, inflammatory or are intended to be promotional in nature.

"If you would like to change your user name, please send four or five choices for a new name along with the reason for the change to: help@cruisecritic.com.

"In addition, we may, at our discretion, change or remove inappropriate graphics or text from online signatures and profiles without notice. This may include vulgarity, nudity, political statements, and or any other content we feel inappropriate for our cruise community."

"Guard Your Personal Information Carefully

"It is best not to post your real name, address or phone number publicly on the boards. Also, keeping as much information about yourself private should be your first priority. Think carefully before posting too much other personal data on any public message board forum, such as your stateroom number or your real name, city, state and dates of cruising!

"If we come across a posting that contains too much personal information, we will remove it automatically. It is, however, *your* responsibility to keep your personal information safe. If you see too much information on the boards, please use the Report a Post feature, or write to help@cruisecritic.com with a LINK to the specific posting/thread."

I am pretty sure they would be happy to assist you considering the privacy issues your current user name may have.

Edited by SantaFeFan