What's the best Carnival comp from a single complaint you've gotten?

lido deck larry

I got a check for $50 from Carnival to enjoy dinner on them and a reimbursement check for $20 for my son after I wrote a letter upon returning from a cruise. My son had checked out a volleyball with his Sail and Sign and with a new group of teenage friends had initiated a game of volleyball. The ball was accidently knocked overboard and Carnival charged me the $20. My letter stated that a ball going overboard witnessed by so many including crew as purely an accident should have been considered a cost of doing business and not as a penalty to my son who wasn't the person who knocked it off the ship. Made me a loyal Carnival customer ever since.

The Serenity pool busted a pipe and flooded the bathroom in our aftwrap suite on Legend almost a year ago. We had two noisy blowers in there to dry the carpeting. The water almost got to my wedding dress in the closet. Didn't have to ask for compensation, they gave it: Almost $700 in obc plus a bottle of wine and a fruit basket. That money paid for most of our wedding/honeymoon in Fiji after the cruise.

The Serenity pool busted a pipe and flooded the bathroom in our aftwrap suite on Legend almost a year ago. We had two noisy blowers in there to dry the carpeting. The water almost got to my wedding dress in the closet. Didn't have to ask for compensation, they gave it: Almost $700 in obc plus a bottle of wine and a fruit basket. That money paid for most of our wedding/honeymoon in Fiji after the cruise.

Wow! I only got $25 for a flooded cabin with the noisy fans!

Sue

We were on b2b last year and somehow all those sail and sign cards got messed up by having wrong pictures with the names. We found out about it when a letter was placed in our room that they were giving all the b2b people $75 obc.

I don't know if it was truly a complaint that resulted in compensation, but I was booked on the next sailing after the Triumph caught on fire and was adrift a couple years ago. I had already flown from Alaska to Galveston and was ready to get on board that morning when I got official notification that the cruise was cancelled. Carnival reimbursed all of my air, hotel, shuttle costs, cruise fare, and gave me 25% off a future cruise. They made things right with very little hassle.

Ended up going to Vegas since I was already in the lower 48 but would much rather have been on the ship enjoying a fruity drink on my balcony staring at the ocean.

Not really a complaint more of a hassle. Cruised on the Magic when the employee of the Dallas hospital that had the Ebola victim was a board. She quarantined herself but Mexico wouldn't let us port and we all wondered if Galveston was going to let us. A little panic amongst the passengers but Carnival gave huge on board credits an next cruise 50% off! They were awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No compensation but...on embarkation day, ordered a long island iced tea at a bar by the pool, took it back to the room, after a couple of sips noticed what looked like dried ice cream or something on the inside of the plastic cup.

I took it back and asked for another one, they were apologetic and quickly gave me another, boy was that drink strong!:D

This didn't happen to me but at the woman sitting across from me at dinner.. She noticed after drinking her coke that there was a cherry stem on the bottom of her glass under all the ice. She didn't have a cherry with her soda so she was kind of grossed out.

She brought it to our head waiters attention and he dumped the ice out in front of all of us to get the cherry stem except it wouldn't come out. He had to put his hand in the glass and pull on it to get it out. It had been STUCK to the bottom and there was some sort of residue on the bottom of the glass that outlined where the cherry stem just was. Who knows how long that stem had been in that glass. The assistant maitre d' came over and apologized, as well as offered them any wine of their choosing which they shared with our table.

Unfortunately this was not the only thing they had happen to them on the cruise but that was probably the grossest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a check for $50 from Carnival to enjoy dinner on them and a reimbursement check for $20 for my son after I wrote a letter upon returning from a cruise. My son had checked out a volleyball with his Sail and Sign and with a new group of teenage friends had initiated a game of volleyball. The ball was accidently knocked overboard and Carnival charged me the $20. My letter stated that a ball going overboard witnessed by so many including crew as purely an accident should have been considered a cost of doing business and not as a penalty to my son who wasn't the person who knocked it off the ship. Made me a loyal Carnival customer ever since.

Yeah, good call by Carnival on the volleyball. It's not like the kids meant for it to get lost.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Happily, I have never had to complain. Life is good.

Sent a letter to vp of operations, the individual directly responsible for shipboard life, about how pleased we were with all aspects of our cruise. Got sizable coupons for a future cruise.

Edited by PoppyandNana

We left the port of Miami a few years ago aboard the Paradise. We no sooner reached the ocean when the ship turned northward. I told my wife that something was wrong because we should have headed south towards our first port of call, Key West. A few minutes later, the captain announced that we were going back to the pier for mechanical reasons. He told us to go about our normal activities and any further news would be relayed to us.

During the "Welcome Aboard" show, the cruise director stopped the show and told us that our cruise was canceled due to a leaking Azipod (motor that drives ship). The ship would need to go to Norfolk, VA for repairs.

Carnival reimbursed us our cruise fare, gave us a free cruise, paid for our hotel stay prior to sailing and cab fares (had to provide receipts for all). And rearranged flight home for all passengers. We ended up staying on the ship from Saturday afternoon until Monday afternoon. Meals were still provided in the dining rooms!

Did we complain about our cruise being canceled? Heck no! We got our money back PLUS a FREE cruise! We rescheduled our cruise, and used the free cruise to take our entire family on one.

:cool:Bill

Many years ago, in the 1980,s we sailed on the Tropical from PR. The air went out on our area of the ship and we were reimbursed 50% of the cruise. It was so hot and uncomfortable, but to this day, we are still Carnival cruisers!

They did right by us!

Eileen

I was also on the infamous "Ebola" cruise on the Magic last year. We had no knowledge of anything amiss until our last port day (Cozumel) which was cancelled. We were all given 50% off next cruise booking and $200 OBC. Complementary wine and champagne were served at dinner in the MDR the rest of the cruise. Not bad considering I've missed ports of call due to weather and have only been refunded port fees and excursions, and considering the first 5 of the 7 days went smoothly.

Most passengers I talked to on that cruise agreed Carnival went above and beyond for something that was mostly blown out of proportion.

Bug in my drink once. Got a replacement for free. Yeah, that's it.. I don't complain much.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

30% off a future cruise, to be applied after seeking and booking our best fare for 4 cabins with 8 occupants.