Yet another Princess Sale begins Aug 25th

MCC retired

The Princess Sales keep coming :

No sailing info yet , just a notice of a Sale.

Your TA should have sailings and rates some time before Aug 25th

3 For Free (August 25 - October 29)

Back by popular demand is Princess Cruises' 3 For Free Sale. With over 700 cruises on ALL 6-49 Day voyages sailing Summer 2016 - Spring 2017,

Relax in the Caribbean, explore historic Europe or immerse yourselves in Alaska - and so much more!

•FREE Stateroom Location Upgrade†

•FREE Gratuities^

•FREE Specialty Dining‡

•PLUS FREE Bottle of Wine when you book a mini-suite or suite**

•BOOK with a deposit of only $100!

Wonder if you can ask for this promotion if you already have the sip and sail? :) What does the fine print say?

You can always switch to a new promotion (as long as it is before final payment, the promotion is not for new bookings only, and you do not have a non-refundable deposit you do not want to lose), but you will lose the amenities that went with the original promotion you booked.

The way they determine which ones to put on sale is by going through my bookings and saying "Nope. Not that one." ;):p:D
It makes you wonder, right.

I always tell folks to invest in stocks that I'm not invested in.

Can someone tell me how a "Location" upgrade works with this sale?

For instance, I book the cheapest inside and I get upgraded how many designations? Do I get to pick the better location?:confused:

In your scenario, you would pay for the cheapest inside room, and you get the best available inside room. If you don't like the room that Princess assigns you, then you are able to pick from any available inside room.

In our case, Princess wanted to assign us a mid-ship cabin, but we prefer aft. We just gave our TA the room number we wanted and it was no problem to book that room instead.

In your scenario, you would pay for the cheapest inside room, and you get the best available inside room. If you don't like the room that Princess assigns you, then you are able to pick from any available inside room.

In our case, Princess wanted to assign us a mid-ship cabin, but we prefer aft. We just gave our TA the room number we wanted and it was no problem to book that room instead.

Thanks, I appreciate the clarification!

I probably already know the answer, but what do you think the chances are of any type of promos for a late January early February 2016 cruise? I booked through an online agency and have been checking daily. I booked in early June like I usually do. Also, I get a kick out of Princess advertising "special pricing" for past passengers...I'm platinum with them and they wouldn't budge. Oh well...just thankful to be cruising! On the other hand I remember our very first cruise in 1992...seven days..OV cabin (porthole) on Monarch of the Seas ..one week in the Caribbean and I am pretty sure we paid close to $2,800 for the two of us. BUT, the TA gave us a bottle of wine;)

I probably already know the answer, but what do you think the chances are of any type of promos for a late January early February 2016 cruise? I booked through an online agency and have been checking daily. I booked in early June like I usually do. Also, I get a kick out of Princess advertising "special pricing" for past passengers...I'm platinum with them and they wouldn't budge. Oh well...just thankful to be cruising! On the other hand I remember our very first cruise in 1992...seven days..OV cabin (porthole) on Monarch of the Seas ..one week in the Caribbean and I am pretty sure we paid close to $2,800 for the two of us. BUT, the TA gave us a bottle of wine;)

Not likely that you'll see many promotions for voyages during the peak season. Possible fare changes may occur if you booked at least a year in advance and there was a rate change 6 months out or so. We look at it as though we really want a particular cabin so we book early to get that cabin and if a better fare comes around we can possibly rebook the cabin.

Wonder if you can ask for this promotion if you already have the sip and sail? :) What does the fine print say?

Yes, we had the sip and sail, but we lost our OBC which we received instead of getting the free drink package. However, the upgraded cabin and reduced fare, free gratuities and free specialty dining made up for it on this new 3 for free promotion. We now have an angled deluxe balcony mid ship from a forward balcony. We changed just today.

Just noticed online that our fare was reduced for a balcony so checked into it with our Princess cruise consultant today. We are booked for med cruise in May 2016.

For this sale, how does it work for example outside rooms when there is ocean view obstructed and ocean view? are those 2 separate categories? Is location what we are talking about? Aft (Ocean View Obstructed) Mid Aft (Ocean View Obstructed) Midship (Ocean View Obstructed) Mid Forward (Ocean View) Forward (ocean view). What will be the upgrade and what do you need to purchase in order to get best value?

For this sale, how does it work for example outside rooms when there is ocean view obstructed and ocean view? are those 2 separate categories? Is location what we are talking about? Aft (Ocean View Obstructed) Mid Aft (Ocean View Obstructed) Midship (Ocean View Obstructed) Mid Forward (Ocean View) Forward (ocean view). What will be the upgrade and what do you need to purchase in order to get best value?

Ocean-View cabins and Obstructed-Ocean-View cabins are two different categories. Most obstructed view cabins are already mid-ship because that's where the lifeboats are located, and the lifeboat is the obstruction.;)

But in your example, if the cheapest obstructed cabin is forward, then you would be upgraded to a mid-ship obstructed (provided that one is available to upgrade you to).

This is the problem with this promotion. If all of the mid-ship rooms are already sold, then the next available cabin might be a mid-aft or a mid-forward.

Another issue is that maybe you did get the upgrade to a mid-ship cabin, only to find out that the lifeboat is right in front of your window.:eek: You go back and take another look, and there's a nice mid-forward cabin with one of the smaller lifeboats that only blocks about a third of the window.

You really wouldn't want that upgrade then.

This promotion works better with a balcony cabin. For example, you book the cheapest balcony room forward, and get a nice upgrade to a Caribe deck balcony mid-ship. You need to go to the Princess site and do a "pretend" booking and see what cabins are available before doing an actual booking. Then you can see what is available and what your chances of getting an upgrade really are.