Yet another Princess Sale begins Aug 25th

MCC retired

Hmmm...when I booked yesterday rep assured me there were no current offers.

Being new to Princess, we would appreciate receiving the posted offer very much, We are Elite Plus on Celebrity and spoiled with internet, parties, etc, And for our next three cruises on X, we got in on triple perks...grats, bev package and OBC. We also book in Aquaclass which includes lovely restaurant BLU, Persian Gardens (thermal suite), and Relaxation lounge at the spa....

we booked Princess to try something diff and for the Calif coastal itin,,,..if we like it we'll book it again. Just a learning curve about perks, onboard amenities etc,..

I am not seeing the sale promoted on the web site, however, if you do a non specific search for a cruise some show the deal. For instance, choose a debarkation port , destination and range of dates. I would think the sales promo will show up at some point. Just another annoying web site glitch.

I checked my saved cruises and one of them had this promo but the date was crazy. It said the offer,which just showed up, expired yesterday. There have been a crazy amount of website problems lately.

Same here - shows Travelzoo offer which expired yesterday. :confused:

No ad. I just found it in my saved cruise. Try looking at cruise prices and you should see red banner. They raised the price of my cruise $21pp yesterday so I have to pay 42 more but I get the free grays and the dinner. Overall I save a little but I did upgrade to r403 one of the sideways rooms. I hope I will be ok with the noise. ImageUploadedByForums1440511254.021267.jpg.4a0176606c858cf499066b7105c2f684.jpg[/url]update: Photos are blurry. I am not sure why. Sorry

ImageUploadedByForums1440510849.128753.jpg.b96ff353912f3728078aa70ee3b5f271.jpg

Edited by kayred

I just called Princess to re book my November 2016 cruise which was booked at the sip and sail promotion. I told the agent I wanted to re book with the Travelzoo offer and that I was ok with loosing the sip and sail. We're not big drinkers but it would have been nice to be able to try something new and not worry if we didn't like what we ordered. We've had our share of wine that we paid for and not liked. But for us, this new promotion is a no brainer.

She called it the 3 for free and re booked us at the lower fare.

When I received the confirmation I noticed 2 things. First, although we were booked in a mini suite, the free bottle of wine was not shown. Second, Princess chooses the time and day of the free restaurant.

I called again and got the bottle of wine and a summary of my offers emailed to me.:D

So, I saved $500 on the fare, $240 in gratuities, a $50 bottle of wine and dinner for 2 in a specialty restaurant, where and when to be determined once on board.

I'm happy:D

I saw they had the option of assigning the time for dinner. We will be celebrating 25th Anniversary so I am hoping they will work we me and we can use it that day. We will see. Not a great sale for me but I am trying to be happy to at least save gratuities. (Feeling kinda greedy ;)

Did not realize I could call now..thanks for the heads up...

we got the offer, wine, grats and 1 free specialty.(choice of Crown Grill or Sabatini).rep said we could just call for a res when we board

thanks to all and to Cruisecritic for this helpful cruise Community

I am not seeing the sale promoted on the web site, however, if you do a non specific search for a cruise some show the deal. For instance, choose a debarkation port , destination and range of dates. I would think the sales promo will show up at some point. Just another annoying web site glitch.

No new current sale showing on Princess for me either.

I just rebooked our Crown Princess cruise for October 2016. As stated above, I cannot see the special on the home page, but when I logged in and then checked my cruise, the special popped up.

It's sponsored by Travelzoo, but it's called "3 for Free".

We saved a total of $469, got an upgraded ocean view cabin, the gratuities included, and the specialty dinner. Also, our obc from the travel agent went up $25 because they base their obc on the total amount of the cruise.

I am happeeeeee. :D

I hadn't booked yet but I did notice the price increased $50 from yesterday. But the free gratuities were more than the increase so we did come out ahead, I like that it is a refundable deposit so if we cancel or get a better deal later we won't lose any money.

Is this for new bookings only or can it be added to an existing booking without having to rebook at the new, higher, "sale" price?

[EDIT]

Never mind. I answered my own question. I called Princess and they will only give me the "sale" if I pay more for the cruise. The total difference if I refared would be a net "gain" to me of $4

They raised the price of my cabin after I booked and then raised it again today (for the sale!).

Edited by Thrak

Is this for new bookings only or can it be added to an existing booking without having to rebook at the new, higher, "sale" price?

No mention of for New Bookings Only.

However any rate or Princess goodies that you already have with previous rate code will not carry over to the new R8 rate code for this promo.

If you have booked Sip & Sail, keep it, far better deal.

However any rate or Princess goodies that you already have with previous rate code will not carry over to the new R8 rate code for this promo.

I agree, I tried this on our Med cruise and almost lost the AIBP. :(

Yes I know there is no mention of new bookings only but I called Princess and they won't do it unless I take the new, higher, fare.