Yet another Princess Sale begins Aug 25th

MCC retired

You don't get it as a daily credit. Just the drinks, gelato, etc that you order is free.

Ok, glad to hear that!! Someone mentioned that they would be getting a daily credit on their folio and that that was a better deal than the Travel Zoo promo! I was going to be a bit upset, since we gave up the free drink package for the new promo.

Thank you for the info!!

The new sale worked for us on our 14 day Mediterranean cruise. We did have to give up our Sip and Sale perk but in the process moved to a mid-ship deluxe balcony ( instead of deluxe balcony aft area in the 700's), had a decrease on fare of $1500 + the free gratuities which work out to $322 and the specialty dining $50. So while we did give up the sip and sail our overall savings was over $1800.

Since will be on a very port intensive cruise ( where we wont be on the ship to enjoy as many beverages) this worked out better for us.

Thanks very much to the OP for giving the heads up about the sale.:)

I never think in terms of "a savings of...". The price is what it is, at the end of the day. That is what you compare to similar sailings, I.e. Med cruise on HAL vs. Princess, Alaska cruise in August vs. same itinerary in September. Not the price now vs. what the price was. That sets you up for the merchants doing a head fake on you.

Edited by tetleytea

Does anyone know if this sale is US specific or UK also? There does seem to be a sale for European cruises but not USA / Caribbean.

This is in the terms & conditions: "Offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia".

I never think in terms of "a savings of...". The price is what it is, at the end of the day. That is what you compare to similar sailings, I.e. Med cruise on HAL vs. Princess, Alaska cruise in August vs. same itinerary in September. Not the price now vs. what the price was. That sets you up for the merchants doing a head fake on you.

I can't speak for the others that consider this a good deal for them, but I always take into consideration the cost of gratuities when I price a cruise. It's more money out of my pocket, so when the gratuities are paid for me, then I am truly "saving" that much money.

In my case I had an obc from my TA that covered most of the gratuities. Now, those are paid entirely with this promo. I now have the entire amount of the obc to use on shipboard purchases, such as evening drinks. Not paying for those drinks is also a true "savings" to us.

This deal worked for us on 21 day Panama Canal Fll to Vancouver in 2017. Since we were already booked in the top mini-suite category, our fare was reduced to the lowest mini category. So when combined with the free gratuities, specialty restaurant and bottle of wine - it all amounts to an out-of-pocket savings of well over $1300 CAD. :)

...VTX-Al

I can't speak for the others that consider this a good deal for them, but I always take into consideration the cost of gratuities when I price a cruise. It's more money out of my pocket, so when the gratuities are paid for me, then I am truly "saving" that much money.

Sure. Gratuities are the equivalent of $12/ per day OBC. To compare apples to apples, you would add $12/day to a competing cruise without prepaid gratuities.