Yet another Princess Sale begins Aug 25th

MCC retired

Ocean-View cabins and Obstructed-Ocean-View cabins are two different categories. Most obstructed view cabins are already mid-ship because that's where the lifeboats are located, and the lifeboat is the obstruction.;)

But in your example, if the cheapest obstructed cabin is forward, then you would be upgraded to a mid-ship obstructed (provided that one is available to upgrade you to).

This is the problem with this promotion. If all of the mid-ship rooms are already sold, then the next available cabin might be a mid-aft or a mid-forward.

Another issue is that maybe you did get the upgrade to a mid-ship cabin, only to find out that the lifeboat is right in front of your window.:eek: You go back and take another look, and there's a nice mid-forward cabin with one of the smaller lifeboats that only blocks about a third of the window.

You really wouldn't want that upgrade then.

This promotion works better with a balcony cabin. For example, you book the cheapest balcony room forward, and get a nice upgrade to a Caribe deck balcony mid-ship. You need to go to the Princess site and do a "pretend" booking and see what cabins are available before doing an actual booking. Then you can see what is available and what your chances of getting an upgrade really are.

Does premium Balcony work too? :rolleyes:

Thank you! I have my TA looking things up for me.

Wonder if you can ask for this promotion if you already have the sip and sail? :) What does the fine print say?

You would most likely have to give up you "sip and sail" promo to take advantage of another promotion. We had to do that to get the promo that included a lower cabin price with free gratuities and free dinner.

If I've already booked a mid-forward cabin and really like it, what would be my chances of getting it re-fared to the lower forward cost without having to move?

A couple of things come into play. Is your sailing part of the sale? Is the sale open to new bookings only? Is the price on the lower category stateroom less than what you already paid?

Here's how it worked for me on the last sale. I booked my mid-aft cabin, then the next month the sale came along. It did apply to existing bookings. TA was able to get some money off the cabin price (a forward cabin was selling for less than mine, so we got that pricing instead of the mid-aft pricing). We also got a free dinner in a specialty restaurant. We had already booked with $100 deposits, so no change there.

Whether you booked through a TA or Princess, either should be able to help you.

The Princess Sales keep coming :

No sailing info yet , just a notice of a Sale.

Your TA should have sailings and rates some time before Aug 25th

3 For Free (August 25 - October 29)

Back by popular demand is Princess Cruises' 3 For Free Sale. With over 700 cruises on ALL 6-49 Day voyages sailing Summer 2016 - Spring 2017,

Relax in the Caribbean, explore historic Europe or immerse yourselves in Alaska - and so much more!

•FREE Stateroom Location Upgrade†

•FREE Gratuities^

•FREE Specialty Dining‡

•PLUS FREE Bottle of Wine when you book a mini-suite or suite**

•BOOK with a deposit of only $100!

This is the same as the Travel Zoo promo that has been going on for several days now?

In your scenario, you would pay for the cheapest inside room, and you get the best available inside room. If you don't like the room that Princess assigns you, then you are able to pick from any available inside room.

In our case, Princess wanted to assign us a mid-ship cabin, but we prefer aft. We just gave our TA the room number we wanted and it was no problem to book that room instead.

My TA does not "translate" it that way! We currently booked a BD but she says we can't get an upgrade to a B1 or B2 without paying more. She also said that the upgrade was limited within categories....in other words, our BD would be an upgrade from a BF. Is this correct?

My TA does not "translate" it that way! We currently booked a BD but she says we can't get an upgrade to a B1 or B2 without paying more. She also said that the upgrade was limited within categories....in other words, our BD would be an upgrade from a BF. Is this correct?

If that's what your TA is saying, then I would go with what she says.

If you have a BD now, and she's lowering the price down to a BF, then you are getting the your BD for the price of a BF.

It's possible that Princess is not including the premium balconies in this sale. It's misleading certainly. You can also go to the Princess site and do a "pretend" booking and see what cabins it comes back with. The pricing should be available tomorrow for anyone to see.

If that's what your TA is saying, then I would go with what she says.

If you have a BD now, and she's lowering the price down to a BF, then you are getting the your BD for the price of a BF.

It's possible that Princess is not including the premium balconies in this sale. It's misleading certainly. You can also go to the Princess site and do a "pretend" booking and see what cabins it comes back with. The pricing should be available tomorrow for anyone to see.

That is exactly what she is telling me....We are getting the BD for the price of a BF and took about $360/pp off our fare. I did a "pretend" reservation and it just showed us the BD category.

But then I went on another TA site and they were offering the BD, B1 and B2 all at the same price. :confused:

I have been driving my TA crazy!! :p:eek:!

That is exactly what she is telling me....We are getting the BD for the price of a BF and took about $360/pp off our fare. I did a "pretend" reservation and it just showed us the BD category.

But then I went on another TA site and they were offering the BD, B1 and B2 all at the same price. :confused:

I have been driving my TA crazy!! :p:eek:!

:D Oh well, that happens sometimes. Usually the new pricing hits the Princess site at midnight on the East Coast, and sometimes as early as 9:00 pm on the West Coast. You'll be able to look and see then.

I'm excited to see if it will be a better deal than the 10-10-10 sale. :D

:D Oh well, that happens sometimes. Usually the new pricing hits the Princess site at midnight on the East Coast, and sometimes as early as 9:00 pm on the West Coast. You'll be able to look and see then.

I received a snail mail ad today which listed 6-day Caribbean, 7-day Alaska, 11-night Alaska Land & Sea and 11-day Scandinavia & Russia in 2016/17.

The lowest prices for interior & balcony cabins were given for one date per cruise...plus all of the small fine print criteria to qualify. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

I received a snail mail ad today which listed 6-day Caribbean, 7-day Alaska, 11-night Alaska Land & Sea and 11-day Scandinavia & Russia in 2016/17.

The lowest prices for interior & balcony cabins were given for one date per cruise...plus all of the small fine print criteria to qualify. ;)

Ours is Mexico, so probably not then.:(

Ours is Mexico, so probably not then.:(

The front side states: All 6-49 Day Voyages Sailing Summer 2016 - Spring 2017 On Sale!"

So don't give up yet & we'll soon know if there are any good prices for us. :)

Like many sales promotions it does not apply to solo passengers.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Does this only apply to the cruises that have been listed?

Where will the offer appear on the website?

New to Princess...we booked a California Coastal cruise today for April 2017....mini suite, no perks, no OBC, and large deposit...should we call.the Cruise Planner assigned to us and request the free grats, wine , free specialty dining, etc.?

Sounds similar to how it worked on Celebrity before they introduced BIg Better Best allegedly in lieu of endless promos..,,,

Edited by hcat

Does this only apply to the cruises that have been listed?

Where will the offer appear on the website?

New to Princess...we booked a cruise today for April 2017....mini suite, no perks, no OBC, and large deposit...should we call.the Cruise Planner assigned to us and request the free grats, wine , free specialty dining, etc.?

Sounds similar to how it worked on Celebrity before they introduced BIg Better Best allegedly in lieu of endless promos..,,,

The ad I received said "all 6-49 day cruises" with over 700 cruises on sale between summer 2016 & spring 2017.

These cruises will be on their website beginning on the 25th & my ad shows it's available to book until 10/29/15. However recent sales have been capacity controlled so the sooner the better.

Call your booking source but make sure you know all aspects of making a change before doing it. Not all sales are better for everyone so be careful. :)

Edited by Astro Flyer

My TA says it's the same deal as the 10-10-10 ;)

The ad I received said "all 6-49 day cruises" with over 700 cruises on sale between summer 2016 & spring 2017.

These cruises will be on their website beginning on the 25th & my ad shows it's available to book until 10/29/15. However recent sales have been capacity controlled so the sooner the better.

Call your booking source but make sure you know all aspects of making a change before doing it. Note all sales are better for everyone so be careful. :)

Thanks....we have no perks and there are many staterooms available,......so if the price has not changed not much else to lose....

will post results after I call them

We gave up Sip 'n Save 'cause we saved over 1000$ a person, and then got free gratuities. I don't think I could drink that much. Suzyed - I with you, been driving my TA crazy.

LOL! I have been emailing her. I prefer email because I can deal with it at my own pace/leisure, rather than phone calls, which often cause one to stop and deal with the call. I thought since she was busy with all the promos, that email would be easier for her as well.

She just told me "I can't do this, I won't email anymore, call me tomorrow."

Now when she said "I can't do this", I'm not sure if she was referring to the "quote" I just sent her (from another TA site) or that she can't deal with me!! :eek:

I told you I was driving her crazy! :p

The Princess Sales keep coming :

No sailing info yet , just a notice of a Sale.

Your TA should have sailings and rates some time before Aug 25th

3 For Free (August 25 - October 29)

Back by popular demand is Princess Cruises' 3 For Free Sale. With over 700 cruises on ALL 6-49 Day voyages sailing Summer 2016 - Spring 2017,

Relax in the Caribbean, explore historic Europe or immerse yourselves in Alaska - and so much more!

•FREE Stateroom Location Upgrade†

•FREE Gratuities^

•FREE Specialty Dining‡

•PLUS FREE Bottle of Wine when you book a mini-suite or suite**

•BOOK with a deposit of only $100!

Can't find this on the Princess website today...or on the page with prices for our booked cruise...Can you tell me where to locate it or whether you think the assigned Princess Cruise Planner will have knowledge of it? Thanks.