Celebrity Web Site - "JR" Strikes Again

Jim_Iain

Hi all,

We are currently looking into this issue. Additionally, if you sent an email to concerns@celebrity.com, it was received, but we don't normally respond directly to these emails.

Thank you for your "concern". If you do not respond to "concerns@celebrity.com", what e-mail does one use to have this problem fixed without having to wait on hold for 20-30 minutes. Having to calling 4 times is getting OLD quick.

I know your IT Team is working on it. In my experience, this problem has not been given sufficient priority. In my business experience if President asks why a problem has not been fixed, it is fixed within day's not months. How long would it take to be fixed if Lisa Lutoff-Perlo suddenly had a "JR" put after her name?

Edited by Jim_Iain

I have gone so far as to contact Celebrity One Touch. No better luck their either. Each person I have talked to act like this is the first time they have heard of this problem.
At first I thought they must be lying liars but it's possible they truly are clueless .

Don't get me wrong , the X reps are usually very nice but often very inexperienced .

Perhaps they haven't heard of this problem because they were hired last Tuesday .;)

That is strange indeed.

Am I correct in assuming that you have always used jr. on your reservation and previously did not have a problem? Maybe it is something new.

QUOTE]

In my case I have never had "JR" until about 4 months ago and then it showed up out of no-where. When it first appeared the block that shows you Captain's Club Status Level and number of points weren't displaying. Then I went to do On-Line check in and I was locked out because my name did not match their records. When I tried to print my checkin documents it was adding JR to my name (which of course doesn't match my passport).

Thanks. I thought this discussion was about those of us that actually have a Jr. in our name on our passport or birth certificate. I can see why it would be frustrating to have a Jr. show up when it is not officially part of your name or was not entered in your reservation. Very strange problem.

Hi all,

We are currently looking into this issue. Additionally, if you sent an email to concerns@celebrity.com, it was received, but we don't normally respond directly to these emails.

I appreciate your follow up. It would seem we collectively are experiencing two different problems. Some people are not juniors (jr), but it shows up on the either their reservation or CC account.

Others like me are having an issue because we are juniors (jr) and the fact that the reservation systems only has two fields for the name the jr is added at the end of my last name on the second field. This causes a mismatch on the name with the CC account because the Jr is in a third field and the two last names do not match ( one has a jr on the last name and the other does not). The only problem that I have ever experienced was when I try to manage my account on line. I am forced to put my reservations in my wife's name so I can view it on line. Since the reservation on line is only "owned" by one person at a time it is more of an inconvenience for me then a major problem, but it would be nice to know if it ever gets fixed.

It would appreciated if you could find out about both of these issues.

Thank you.

Thank you for your "concern". If you do not respond to "concerns@celebrity.com", what e-mail does one use to have this problem fixed without having to wait on hold for 20-30 minutes. Having to calling 4 times is getting OLD quick.

I know your IT Team is working on it. In my experience, this problem has not been given sufficient priority. In my business experience if President asks why a problem has not been fixed, it is fixed within day's not months. How long would it take to be fixed if Lisa Lutoff-Perlo suddenly had a "JR" put after her name?

Hi there,

So the email "concerns" was actually created for us to assist guests on Cruise Critic, and several other Social Media platforms. Without a direct message feature, it was the only way for us to assist guests.

With that being said, we are looking into this issue, and have reached out to our IT dept to fix. We'll let guests know once this issue has been fully resolved.

If you continue to have trouble, please feel free to call 1-800-722-5941 and they should be able to assist with this specific issue.

Hi there,

So the email "concerns" was actually created for us to assist guests on Cruise Critic, and several other Social Media platforms. Without a direct message feature, it was the only way for us to assist guests.

With that being said, we are looking into this issue, and have reached out to our IT dept to fix. We'll let guests know once this issue has been fully resolved.

If you continue to have trouble, please feel free to call 1-800-722-5941 and they should be able to assist with this specific issue.

Dear Celebrity,

I just called the number you gave. They cannot help me. All they can do is transfer me to the Captain's Club because "I do not have access to the Captain's Club profile." I have spoken to the Captain's Club three times already, customer service, and Celebrity One Touch with no success in resolving this issue with "JR".

What do you suggest?

Dear Celebrity,

I just called the number you gave. They cannot help me. All they can do is transfer me to the Captain's Club because "I do not have access to the Captain's Club profile." I have spoken to the Captain's Club three times already, customer service, and Celebrity One Touch with no success in resolving this issue with "JR".

What do you suggest?

Hi there,

If you are having issues, please feel free to email concerns@celebrity.com, and we'll assist.

Had the JR thing happen to me, also. It appears that one call to the Captains Club seems to have fixed it; at least for a week.

Mike

You will be extremely lucky if one call fixes it. We are at 6+ calls and it always reverts.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I chuckled to myself when I read about the Jr problem because I had it too and the Captain's Club person assured me that when she fixed it, it was Fixed! Until yesterday, I assumed that was true. But the dreaded Jr. has returned. Won't have it fixed until I do my on-line check-in in December. Good Luck all you juniors.

I chuckled to myself when I read about the Jr problem because I had it too and the Captain's Club person assured me that when she fixed it, it was Fixed! Until yesterday, I assumed that was true. But the dreaded Jr. has returned. Won't have it fixed until I do my on-line check-in in December. Good Luck all you juniors.

Yes. Every time they say "it's all fixed now. Is there anything else I can do for you?" and every time it isn't fixed. Maybe modern luxury but modern technology it ain't.

I have been assured many, many times that the "JR" problem has been fixed - via email and numerous phone calls. Guess what? It has NEVER gotten fixed for more than a day. It is an ongoing problem that has been around for years. I think the "IT department" at Celebrity is on a permanent vacation. It should be a HUGE embarrassment for Celebrity but it doesn't seem to affect the bottom line, so life goes on, and we, the customer, live with it. :rolleyes:

I've reached the point of accepting it, as long as I can board and get my CC points. There are bigger issues to fret about. :D

I happen to be of the class of people whom have a (OH NOO) :eek:, name suffix, also. My account has been blocked several times recently to the point I have joyfully called CC. I get the same excuse; I remove my Jr/II, III etc. Recently, after final payment, guess what? My reservations were locked and I had to call again to unlock my account. Whew, I feel better. Thanks. John

I am sure I am not the only person who has had "JR" placed after their name in their Captain's Club Profile which locks you out of being able to access your reservations.

Over the past month I have had this happen 4 times. I use to be able to correct on my side and access my reservation, but it would revert back to "JR" next time I logged in.

Each time, I have had to call Captain's Club and wait on line 20-30 minutes. The representative is very apologetic and explain it is a know IT problem and they are working on it. They fix the problem and it works for about a week.

This morning I logged on to book a shore excursion and received the message again. This time when I log on to remove the "JR" it errors out and gives me a new message - "The Captain's Club number does not match the name and date of birth in our records. Please try again".

I hope others are not having the same problem. I'm really frustrated.

It is now 3 days since you reported this problem.

I just checked my account again and yes, I still have the JR that was added too.

Each time I try to remove it and save the change, I get the same message that you got.

The Captain's Club number does not match the name and date of birth in our records. Please try again.

This reminds me of the time when someone got into the Celebrity website and changed the gender of some of the passengers.

Now I wonder if this is the work of the same prankster.

Edited by fleckle

Just checked my husband's account & it appears that his Jr problem has been corrected. He no longer gets the "name and birthdate don't match" error message. Hope it lasts.

Lucky you.

The Captain's Club number does not match the name and date of birth in our records. Please try again.

Luckily I was able to do online check-in (and buy my booze package) before they "fixed" the glitch that allowed me to change my name in the profile to match the reservation, but now I am completely locked out from buying any excursions.

Embarrassing IT, that's for sure.

I did get a call from Captain's Club on Monday letting me know they were working on it.

After reading CruisinNole message I went to check mine.

:mad: Unfortunately I'm still a "JR" and still get the

A little bit off the thread but to do with their website, which I find not at all user friendly. Tried to join the Captain's Club for DH & myself. However because we only have the one email address it would not accept the second application because the email address already existed.

A little bit off the thread but to do with their website, which I find not at all user friendly. Tried to join the Captain's Club for DH & myself. However because we only have the one email address it would not accept the second application because the email address already existed.

Hi. I believe you can also join the Captain's Club by calling into the Captain's Club phone number.

If you want to proceed via the internet, I might suggest you create a secondary e-mail on one of the free services like GMail. Many people use a second account to use to prevent a lot of spam when a site asks for your e-mail address.