People who cruise RCCL for months at a time

I sure wish they would do round trip TAs, with only a couple days or about a week in between. I would do that in a heartbeat. Six weeks would be too long for me in between the round trip cruise.

Gwen :)

Pretty sure they stay longer than

Six weeks before heading back. 6 would be doable.

I cruise on Grandeur frequently and think I may know the couple that you are talking about. They are a really nice pinnacle (obviously) couple. They don't like winters so they get on Grandeur sometime between October 25 and November 2 and stay on through about the end of January. They take 2 days and get on Rhapsody for the months of February and March.

There are a couple other couples on Grandeur that typically get on for the Thanksgiving cruise and stay on until just after Christmas.

That could be, the ones we talked to said they had been on the Grandeur for 7 months, and the Liberty was their first cruise since that, so it was probably a November - May type deal. No idea if they do that every year though.

This right here!

We don't even talk about our upcoming cruise in front of certain friends anymore, because we always hear, "you're going on another cruise?!" Yes, we are! I would never say to them, "you're doing that same vacation you've done for the past 15 or more years?"

THIS!!! I get such abuse from family and friends about all my cruising. Yet my dad has gone all over the world to ride on trains, and I have friends who have gone to the same resort every spring since time began. Well, I happen to like cruising, going to different places all over the world. And if I happen to repeat a few ports, that's ok too!

I'm retired, but still have kids living at home, so I'm not as free as I'd like to be. But when the nest is empty...

Ive never met anyone doing that.Going to same ports of call isnt an issue.Im in my forties and not retired and just throwing this out there for conversation.I think the biggest problem would be medical.Seeing your own dr when needed.Having a stroke at sea when throbolitics are time based.Yes med vac I guess could work but...... That would be my main problem with it.I mean we all roll the dice of having no major health problems when at sea for seven days at a time but year round is different.You wouldnt have much control of your treating facility in an emergency which could mean life or death.Again,just throwing it out there.Dont need to be flamed for it.

I think other small problems that would build up over time would be the small living quarters unless your insanely rich.Rude people,lots of people.etc.Its def not something for everyone thats for sure.I would personally miss my "stuff".Driving my truck,the little things....

Edited by rtazz17

This right here!

We don't even talk about our upcoming cruise in front of certain friends anymore, because we always hear, "you're going on another cruise?!" Yes, we are! I would never say to them, "you're doing that same vacation you've done for the past 15 or more years?"

We have friends who say the same thing to us....and then I turn away from them and say to myself.....'and you go NO WHERE on vacation at all'.....they visit their children and grandchildren and even watch their grandchildren while their children go off to exotic places....but never them. I realize enjoying your grandchildren is wonderful....but there needs to ALSO be other ways to spend some of your time.

THIS!!! I get such abuse from family and friends about all my cruising. Yet my dad has gone all over the world to ride on trains, and I have friends who have gone to the same resort every spring since time began. Well, I happen to like cruising, going to different places all over the world. And if I happen to repeat a few ports, that's ok too!

I'm retired, but still have kids living at home, so I'm not as free as I'd like to be. But when the nest is empty...

We are not retired as yet, but living in S. Florida does give us the opportunity to squeeze in more cruises than we might have the ability to do if we still lived in NJ. We never even cruised before we moved to S. Florida. I can't imagine fully retiring and living on a cruise ship, but I can surely see a few more cruises being done each year when we do retire.

Where in NJ do you live? We lived in Lakewood, NJ and our son lives in Caldwell and works in Livingston, NJ.

I can't imagine fully retiring and living on a cruise ship, but I can surely see a few more cruises being done each year when we do retire.[/quote

Well, I don't live in Florida, but as much as I love cruising, I don't think I would enjoy being on a cruise all of the time; maybe for a few months in Jan and Feb, but I like being home. I would miss my car, shopping, having lunch and dinner with friends and family, cooking and grilling out in the summer. After a while i know I would feel so confined by the limitations of the ship and doing the same itinerary over and over would drive me nuts. I honestly don't think I could eat the same food all the time. I like taking land vacations and enjoy mixing things up.

I can't imagine fully retiring and living on a cruise ship, but I can surely see a few more cruises being done each year when we do retire.[/quote

Well, I don't live in Florida, but as much as I love cruising, I don't think I would enjoy being on a cruise all of the time; maybe for a few months in Jan and Feb, but I like being home. I would miss my car, shopping, having lunch and dinner with friends and family, cooking and grilling out in the summer. After a while i know I would feel so confined by the limitations of the ship and doing the same itinerary over and over would drive me nuts. I honestly don't think I could eat the same food all the time. I like taking land vacations and enjoy mixing things up.

I agree....I would miss things that happen around my home, so cruising for a full year, or very long periods of time, would not work for me. But retirement might be able to give me the opportunity to cruise every 2-3 months for a 10-14 day period of time and that would surely be nice.

We have met Mario and several couples who cruise for 2 to 6 months at a time. I don't think I would do that, but a month seems very doable to me. We had a b2b booked for Sept. on NOS, but saw a good price for the week prior, so will be doing 3 weeks next month. I also would love a TA that would go to several European ports, then come back home. I'm sure that will never happen because most people can't be away from home that long. Yes, and I hear a lot of "another cruise!" too. We just enjoy the whole cruise experience.

This right here!

Jules, I get the same comment from some people and I've decided to not even tell them that I'm leaving on vacation. Soooo annoying. I agree with you 100%. BTW, I'm a Chicagoan too!

We are not retired as yet, but living in S. Florida does give us the opportunity to squeeze in more cruises than we might have the ability to do if we still lived in NJ. We never even cruised before we moved to S. Florida. I can't imagine fully retiring and living on a cruise ship, but I can surely see a few more cruises being done each year when we do retire.

Where in NJ do you live? We lived in Lakewood, NJ and our son lives in Caldwell and works in Livingston, NJ.

Freehold. Right up the road from your old haunts!

This article is called "Meet the world's top cruisers: Over 1,000 days at sea". It was published in April 2015. They aren't all RCCL cruisers, but I thought it was interesting to see their pictures, along with a short segment about their cruising choices.

http://experience.usatoday.com/cruise/story/best-of-cruising/2015/04/20/these-people-have-spent-over-1000-days-at-sea/25874147/

We have met Mario and several couples who cruise for 2 to 6 months at a time. I don't think I would do that, but a month seems very doable to me. We had a b2b booked for Sept. on NOS, but saw a good price for the week prior, so will be doing 3 weeks next month. I also would love a TA that would go to several European ports, then come back home. I'm sure that will never happen because most people can't be away from home that long. Yes, and I hear a lot of "another cruise!" too. We just enjoy the whole cruise experience.

You would love this. In 2011 we did a 3 day pre-cruise tour in the Italian Alps (Stresa, Lake Como) and then an 8 day Med Cruise on Voyager from Venice, to Croatia, Italy, France and Spain. Next on Voyager was a TA from Barcelona to NOLA, via Canary Islands. How cool is that?

Keep looking, keep dreaming, keep planning. You'll find a great cruise!!!

Rick and Deirdra

I sure wish they would do round trip TAs, with only a couple days or about a week in between. I would do that in a heartbeat. Six weeks would be too long for me in between the round trip cruise.

Cunard Queen Mary 2 you can go over and come back a little later. :)

I'm retired and on a limited income. I don't think I could afford a Cunard cruise, but sure would like to! Never say never, so.......Better keep on playing the lottery. :p

Just like with any cruise line, they offer 2 for 1 sailings....and if the right sailing can fit into your schedule they your wish of a return sailing can be found.

This right here!

Put me in this group too. Whenever we're asked when our next cruise is, it's always "Again? All you guys do is cruise." Well, not really. Usually 2 per year. Doesn't actually qualify as "all we do." And we do the same itinerary often. So what? You go to a beach resort every year and sit on the exact same beach, in as close to the same spot as possible, everyday. Go to the same restaurants every night. Or you go to Disney every year. Stay in the same timeshare unit. Visit the same park, ride the same rides, etc. So I go on a cruise. Different ships often, different cabin. But same ports. So I visit my favorite beach and bar twice a year.

Some people just don't get their own comments. :)

How would I reorder my meds ??

Would love to spend my days at sea on a cruise ship.

But the meds would be an issue

I used to be a Senior Pharmacy Technician at the Walgreens in Galveston. We filled prescriptions for Carnival and Royal Caribbean crew members. They came in every 28 or 84 days. No problem at all.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Cunard does that all summer. Back and forth between New York and Southampton every week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I know that feeling quite well. The funny thing is, the people who poo-poo it the most are people who go to the exact same vacation destination over and over and over. In their case, nothing changes other than maybe the weather.