Beverage Package - Worth it or not?

kbrooks1982

My partner and I are taking our first cruise (I know...I'm super excited!!) in September (Royal Caribbean International, Majesty of the Seas, 9/14-9/18) this year. We aren't worried about excursions, this site has some great ideas on where to look and the roll call page has lots of links to browse. Please, don’t think I’m lazy and haven’t looked this up… What I can't decide is the beverage packages. I can't figure this out!!

Can we purchase the package appropriate for us each day?

Does the beverage package have to be bought before the cruise?

What beverages are included for the price of the cruise?

What does the Refreshment Package, $6/day/person add to that?

What does the Replenish Package, $22/day/person add to Refreshment?

See where I'm going here – I just need a simple list of add-ons…I can’t decipher the website to save my life!!! LOL

What about the Select Package, $41/day/person?

Is the $46 Evian package a flat price for a set # of bottles? If so, how many bottles?

And the $58/day/person Premium Package?

Finally - the $65/day/person Ultimate Package?

Is the $81 Evian package a per DAY cost for just the bottled water? Or does it also cover the Ultimate package + Evian bottles???

I don’t know – I guess my decision can be guided if I knew the price points for per item purchases of beverages (and if soda has gratuity 15% added or only alcoholic) – thank you!

You have to purchase the package either for the entire cruise, or AT LEAST the last 4 days of the cruise. You cannot pick and choose which days. You buy 1 package apiece...and you can UPGRADE, but not downgrade.

You do NOT have to buy it in advance!

I know there is a thread on here that details each package!

Ok I do know about RCCL Premium package, I had this on my last 2 cruises and love it, includes all drinks and wine up to 12 dollars a drink and very few drinks are over this can get Johnny Walker Platinum which is a 18 year old scotch, if you find something that cost more lets say 16 dollars then you would only par 4 dollars for that . Totally unlimited , just need to wait 15 mins between drinks, regular bottle water is included. You break out even at 5 or more drinks depending on what you drink.

Ok I do know about RCCL Premium package, I had this on my last 2 cruises and love it, includes all drinks and wine up to 12 dollars a drink and very few drinks are over this can get Johnny Walker Platinum which is a 18 year old scotch, if you find something that cost more lets say 16 dollars then you would only par 4 dollars for that . Totally unlimited , just need to wait 15 mins between drinks, regular bottle water is included. You break out even at 5 or more drinks depending on what you drink.

AWESOME!!! Thank you! That's the kinda numbers I needed :)

I don't think it's worth it! Bring your two free bottles of wine.

Some people don't drink wine. Plus the wine a person brings on board is not free, the person has to pay for it (definitely cheaper, but not free). If you are in a bar or restaurant and brought a glass of wine form your stateroom and finished it, would you want to leave what you are doing to go back to your stateroom to get another glass of wine and carry it around the ship?

Tip is included, all RCCL ships have same price, this is also better deal than Carnival if you are a big drinker, Carnival has a 15 drink limit which my friend hit a couple times, RCCL has no limit, nice to start breakfast with champagne or bloody Mary, not that I would ever do this

I am not concerned with how much I can drink but the freedom to grab a drink at any time and place is appealing to me... Sometimes I may want to try a drink that I have never had or heard of just to see if it is as good as it sounds... Freedom to come and go and eat and drink on a cruise ship is what I like in cruising... over 70....:)