What do you request?

music

I have them come into the room and I get my white gloves out for inspection. When I find the many mistakes in cabin cleanliness, I berate them for a good ten minutes. I let them know that failure will not be tolerated. Plus, I remind them that if they see me in the hall that their eyes need to be averted to the ground.

Seems most ask for the same basic things...ice, hangers, pillow, towels, empty fridge. I do, as well. I now ask room steward to empty fridge as one time when I did it myself it was met with less than enthusiasm. I also just leave a little note on the bed with my requests along with at least a $10 bill (which is not part of my gratuity) so they can get to it when it is convenient for them. Gets the trip off to a good start.

On our upcoming sailing on the Silly in February, my cabinmate and I will request:

1. Twin beds (if not already configuered that way)

2. Ice in the bucket

3. Sharps container for our glucometer needles (we both watch our glucose carefully)

Enjoy your cruise!

We have also asked to have the cooler to be emptied but frankly I can't remember the last cruise we had a refrigerator that was cool enough to actually keep anything cold or from going bad. I think the AC in the room is colder at times than the refrigerator. Have we had bad luck or is this fairly common?

We have also asked to have the cooler to be emptied but frankly I can't remember the last cruise we had a refrigerator that was cool enough to actually keep anything cold or from going bad. I think the AC in the room is colder at times than the refrigerator. Have we had bad luck or is this fairly common?

I was on the Equinox in October and for the first time on Celebrity the refrigerator was actually cold. I kept water and sodas in it, and they were always cold. I was a happy cruiser.

Carolyn

Just a couple of the usual things:

• Feather pillows
  • Wine Glasses
  • Champagne Glasses
  • Ice bucket for wine
  • Fill mini bar with ONLY Coke and Coors beer
  • Replace duvet with blanket
  • Water pitcher filled half way with ice refreshed 3x daily
  • Two extra towels folded in a square (not rectangular) with each towel change
  • Bed's put together every morning but separated at turn down
  • Loungers for the deck
  • Three extra sitting chairs
  • extra hangers
  • store luggage for us
  • Cardboard box covered with sheet for laundry bin
  • Extra bottled water on counter
  • Towel animals daily (No Monkeys!!)
  • Cleaned and sanitized glasses daily (no cleaning with dusting cloth)
  • 14 rolls of extra toilet paper
  • 3 extra boxes of Kleenex
  • two copies of daily program each evening
  • Blanket to use as covering for fake leather sofa
  • Roll of string
  • Extra laundry bags and forms
  • And a partridge in a pear tree!

I'am surprised you didn't ask for their famous seven maids a milking?

I've been on Celebrity one time - The Millenium - and I had a fantastic cruise but felt that I had a lot to learn about communicating my needs. This thread is fantastic.

I don't recall - is the fridge in a cabinet, or just sitting on the carpet? If it's just sitting on the carpet and doesn't keep anything cold, could we ask to have it removed from the room and create additional space?

Cheers!

I don't recall - is the fridge in a cabinet, or just sitting on the carpet? If it's just sitting on the carpet and doesn't keep anything cold, could we ask to have it removed from the room and create additional space?

Cheers!

The mini-fridge is inside a cabinet and, I believe, it is permanently attached. Sorry.:(

You show respect and it's returned by the staff. Slobs are slobs, but some appear to feel that they're on vacationed others are "paid to pick up their mess". Obviously neither you nor I feel that way.

I agree...the cabins are too tight to leave our 'mess' for them to clean around. DH has tried to remind me we're on vacation and to 'not worry about it'...but habits from home kick in. Don't want to sound uppity, but we've never asked for anything from our steward. Everything is usually great. We bring extra hangers and concierge cabin supplies the rest of what we'd like. However, now that I know we can ask for a top sheet, that'll be a request on our next cruise. Thanks for the list....don't think a partridge in a pear tree would last long on a ship...maybe on a Murano menu??

Our next cruise is 36 days away, and they're always GREAT! I'm always excited to tell corporate how nice the cruise was. I think on the next survey, I'm going to mention some of the things folks are talking about on this thread. Eliminate stocking the mini bar, the large bottles of Evian, and the basket of goodies for purchase. We don't use any of those things and don't want them taking up our valuable space. Maybe what they could do is ask us on embarkation day whether or not we want those things stocked. The less stuff laying around the better we like it, and the easier it is for the steward to do his job. All those items are readily available elsewhere on the ship should we have a craving. I realize they push "on board revenue", but these changes would increase passenger satisfaction......at least in our cabin, lol.

We ask for the correct pronunciation of their name- because they always know our names! We look at their name tag to make sure we spell it correctly. We bring toiletry items from home. Bars of soap- deodorant- shampoo- razors- and leave them in a bag on our bed with a note to show that we are GIVING him these items. We also give a prepaid phone card. We always used to ask for wine glasses but with beverage packages I'm almost happy to not have wine in the room!! We do ask for extra towels and to remove tea. -:)

Clear Fridge

Hangers

Towels

We have never had to seek the steward out---we have seen them promptly on the first day and they have been excellent.

On our recent cruise on Silhouette we had to ask the room steward to empty the bathroom of the previous occupant's waste (very personal waste) and also many of their personal possessions which were left in the bathroom drawers. We also had to ask him for a pen, some binoculars (we were in Aqua) and we gave up on the notepaper. Throughout the cruise we had to ask whenever we wanted the toiletries replenished. No, we didn't stash them in our luggage. I guess we didn't have a very good room steward but it was not a happy start to the cruise.

In the past we have always asked for her/her to keep our ice bucket as full as possible, explaining that we use lots of ice.

We have asked for extra towels. We are always in a handicapped stateroom, sadly you must put towels on the floor or the shower water runs all over the place. We feel bad making this mess for our attendant. But until there is another way to stop the mess we will have to continue using towels. Has anyone found a better way?

2x Daily-- ice bucket refill.

Had an outstanding chief steward and staff for 14 nights/Baltics.

They brought us a champagne/bucket and cake for anniversary (from dining)

We had a tea (hot water kettle) sailing from Southampton--

they kept us flush with teas/creamer etc

extra handtowels..extra cotton balls/toiletires (removing makeup)

Awesome awesome service

2x Daily-- ice bucket refill.

Had an outstanding chief steward and staff for 14 nights/Baltics.

They brought us a champagne/bucket and cake for anniversary (from dining)

We had a tea (hot water kettle) sailing from Southampton--

they kept us flush with teas/creamer etc

extra handtowels..extra cotton balls/toiletires (removing makeup)

Awesome awesome service

We have always been supplied with electric teakettle (and tea etc) on Eclipse from Southampton and other S-class ships from Med Ports. We DO NOT get a teapot when sailing from US and Caribbean ports.

We DO now have to request ice bucket and 2x/day ice. But we always have great room stewards. So it is always "of course, no problem"!:D

In the past we have always asked for her/her to keep our ice bucket as full as possible, explaining that we use lots of ice.

Hi just curious why do you need so much ice?I am hearing this a lot in these boards.

What am I missing?I have never really thought about ice for the cabin.

Hi just curious why do you need so much ice?I am hearing this a lot in these boards.

What am I missing?I have never really thought about ice for the cabin.

The ice buckets are not that big nor are they the most efficient hence why we get our ice topped up morning and night. The resultant cold water is great for taking our meds

The ice buckets are not that big nor are they the most efficient hence why we get our ice topped up morning and night. The resultant cold water is great for taking our meds

I love the ice cold water from the ice buckets....we use that way more than the actual ice.