Tour prizes

Pelle

I´m puzzled. I have heard that excursion prizes on Anthem of the Seas are higher if you wait to book until you are on the ship. We have been on many cruises, also with RCLL, and tour prizes have always been the same either you book on the ship or on the internet! Has that changed?

Edited by Pelle

I´m puzzled. I have heard that excursion prizes on Anthem of the Seas are higher if you wait to book until you are on the ship. We have been on many cruises, also with RCLL, and tour prizes have always been the same either you book on the ship or on the internet! Has that changed?

Can you tell us where you saw this? Prices should be the same, whether booked now through your Cruise Planner on line, or at the Explorations! desk on board.

Ok, I see what you were looking at now.

My only guess is that it has to do with the exchange rate.

Sorry Suaspud! Prices! My English isn´t perfect.

My worries came from this:

Originally Posted by EVdreamer View Post

Hi,

we have had a colleague return from Anthem with examples of the on-ship tours and prices.

Needless to say there are a lot to list, but as a rough guide, expect to pay about $8 / £7 more for a tour that is currently priced at $58 / £32 (Gibraltar RA20) on the internet - prices onboard are $49.75 adult and $ 29.75 child (£48.47 / £23.25) at an exchange rate £1 = $1.28.

Cinque terre (LL12) online is £92, onboard is $142.75 = £111.

I pre booked excursions for everyday and did it in January for a July cruise. The exchange rate was better and then we watched the price increase by week on week until cruise time. The exchange rates will change the prices. The final price onboard was higher but put it down to exchange rates and not ship increases.

Thinking about it, if you can plan ahead, why not get it cheaper. Also alot sell out fast if there is limited spaces ie segways.

I pre booked excursions for everyday and did it in January for a July cruise. The exchange rate was better and then we watched the price increase by week on week until cruise time. The exchange rates will change the prices. The final price onboard was higher but put it down to exchange rates and not ship increases.

Thinking about it, if you can plan ahead, why not get it cheaper. Also alot sell out fast if there is limited spaces ie segways.

Also just the sheer fact that if you get it ahead it's paid for! :D

But yes...if there is an excursion you really, really want (in other words, your cruise will be RUINED (and we'll get to read about it on here) if you can't get a certain excursion), book it in advance. I saw more than one upset person at the excursions desk on the Radiance in Alaska because the ONE excursion they wanted was sold out.