Buying wine in Miami

Nalla

We will be arriving at the Port of Miami from the airport by taxi on the day of embarkation. Is there somewhere in the boarding vicinity where I can purchase my one bottle of wine to bring onboard? (It will be on a Sunday.) Thanks.

We will be arriving at the Port of Miami from the airport by taxi on the day of embarkation. Is there somewhere in the boarding vicinity where I can purchase my one bottle of wine to bring onboard? (It will be on a Sunday.) Thanks.

There are a number of places near Bayside which sell wine (drug stores etc.) a couple of blocks north there is an upscale wine shop (west side of Biscayne Blvd).

Does FL still have the Sunday "blue" law where you're not able to buy alcohol prior to noon? I know I tried to buy a bottle of wine at a Publix one Sunday several years ago and was not allowed to because it was 11:30...

Any drug store in downtown Miami will have oodles of wine. There's a CVS and Walgreens right across the street from Bayside Marketplace.

Does FL still have the Sunday "blue" law where you're not able to buy alcohol prior to noon? I know I tried to buy a bottle of wine at a Publix one Sunday several years ago and was not allowed to because it was 11:30...

This varies by city/county but in Miami you can buy alcohol as early as it is available on a Sunday.

Keith

Broward does, Miami-Dade does not.

Your cab driver will know where to stop - just let him know what you want. By making a detour for wine you are off of the $27+tip flat rate fare and onto the meter, so shop fast! :eek:

There are no stores within the Port Of Miami area. If you want to walk to Bayside Marketplace which is located just west of the port I believe it would take you approximately fifteen minutes in each direction. I am unsure of any liquor stores at Bayside Marketplace, but there is a Walgreen's and a CVS near Bayside Marketplace that has a decent selection of wines for sale.

Yes Fort Lauderdale, unlike Miami, still has blue laws. No alcohol sold before noon on Sundays.