Live From the Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer Sept. 5th 2015

Woobstr112G

I guess lesson learned is always bring your prescription for eye glasses

or better yet, a spare pair(my husband always does this).

Totally agree since I'd be out of commission without my glasses! Every time I get new glasses I put my old pair in a case and put it in the suitcase where it will remain for all trips. Even though the prescription may have changed some it is still better than no glasses at all!

Good morning all from the Caribbean Princess. It's 0715 local time. The seas are much calmer this morning but the Promenade deck is still closed:(. The weather is still dreary and drizzly which is what I love. We aren't due to dock in Bergen till 1200. Our adjusted departure time is 1830. B

Right now I'm getting ready to hit my favorite morning spot for a great breakfast. When we arrive in Bergen, I'm going to go off exploring hopefully and take a ton of pictures.

Pia, thanks for the information on the Optical shop. I will try and check it out. Hope Mike is doing well. Thanks to others who reminded me of a very simple solution to my glasses issue. Something so simple that a seasoned traveler should have thought of. When I get back to the high desert I'll be ordering two pairs:).

Hope all are well.....:):):)

Bob

Hey Bob. The thread is great and you were missed at dinner. I hope we'll see you tonight.

We are sitting at a restaurant in Bergen enjoying a coffee and internet.

We'd purchased tickets for a bus to the Grieg museum with a tour and concert. The bus left before we arrived so we took a cab to the museum and caught part of the concert and saw his house.

Apparently 21 people missed the bus.

Totally agree since I'd be out of commission without my glasses! Every time I get new glasses I put my old pair in a case and put it in the suitcase where it will remain for all trips. Even though the prescription may have changed some it is still better than no glasses at all!

I do the exact same thing! Never needed them, thank God, but comforting to have along! ;)

21195362316_a05f7cf9ab.jpg

Good evening from the Caribbean Princess. We are in the process of pulling away from the docks after a great day in Norway. I walked around for several hours and took a bunch of pictures. Bergen is a very easy city to get around. I'll post more later but I need to save some internet minutes due to another "It Can Only Happen to Bob" moment. When I went to log on to post this, I discovered that I forgot to log off from an earlier session on my IPad. Yup, you guessed it, I lost about 9 hours of minutes because of my transgression. Oh well, such is life.

More Later.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

When I went to log on to post this, I discovered that I forgot to log off from an earlier session on my IPad. Yup, you guessed it, I lost about 9 hours of minutes because of my transgression. Oh well, such is life.

Bob

Bob,

Go talk to the Internet Manager and explain your mishap and usually they will reinstate your 'lost time'.

Enjoying your posts to date and sure wish we were on-board with you.

Good evening from the Caribbean Princess. We are in the process of pulling away from the docks after a great day in Norway. I walked around for several hours and took a bunch of pictures. Bergen is a very easy city to get around. I'll post more later but I need to save some internet minutes due to another "It Can Only Happen to Bob" moment. When I went to log on to post this, I discovered that I forgot to log off from an earlier session on my IPad. Yup, you guessed it, I lost about 9 hours of minutes because of my transgression. Oh well, such is life.

Bob

Go to the internet manager and tell him or her that you forgot to log off. You will get minutes credited back to your account. I know....I've forgotten to log off myself and they have been very gracious about it.

Keep enjoying.

Ruth-Ann

Had the same thing happen to me with minutes. The Internet manager put the minutes back.

Thank you for posting. This was one of our favorite cruises. We especially loved Iceland. One of our ports was Greenland. I think it is no longer on the itinerary.

Good evening (my time) from the Caribbean Princess. We are just now sailing away from Lerwick Scotland. The weather today was a little chilly, and cloudy pretty much all day. We didn’t get off the boat today but I still took a lot of great pictures from our tendered anchorage. Other than taking a bunch of great pictures, I went to the gym and had a few adult beverages afterwards. I also went to the internet manager and got my internet minutes restored. It was a painless process. When we do next year’s itinerary, we will definitely be getting off to explore what Lerwick has to offer. One thing about tendering, all cruisers, including Elite and Suite passengers, had to go to the dining room before being boarded onto the tenders.

Tomorrow is a great sea day (my favorite:)). I plan to once again to go to the gym. Other than that, I might start taking some shipboard pictures.

As far as entertainment tonight, at 1700 there will be guitar melodies in the Piazza with Lance Valllis. At 1800 there will be piano melodies with Jan Gulbicki. At 1915 and 2200 Tomorrowland will be shown on MUTS. In the Princess theater it will be Variety Showtimes with Graham Comedy of 2 Trux.

Hope All Are Well…..:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Bob, thanks for all the daily updates. Much appreciated.

Hope the weather improves.

Hot (90s) with thunderstorms here in the Midwest today.

Are you in an aft suite?

Norris

Bob, thanks for all the daily updates. Much appreciated.

Hope the weather improves.

Hot (90s) with thunderstorms here in the Midwest today.

Are you in an aft suite?

Norris

Norris;

Yes we are in an aft Penthouse suite A751. Just a tad bigger than a traditional Vista suite but the balcony is huge.....:):):)

Bob

21254578582_fe9ab4e2fa.jpg

Good morning (my time) from the Caribbean Princess. Today is a leisurely day at sea as we head to Akeuryi. Getting ready at the moment to head to Sabatinis for breakfast. So this suite perk has been outstanding as foor/service has been great. Later today Holli has a massage appointment while I will b attending the Matrid's wine tasting. I also plan to hit the gym for a workout.

Hope All Are Well......:):):)

Bob