Any less crowded options for June?

dorchrislen

We've been cruising Carnival every year in June in the Carribean. Summer is our only option due to school schedule. But after this last cruise I vowed "never again" because of the lack of chairs everywhere on Lido and inability to get in to comedy shows unless we went very early.

So my question is, can anyone compare Carnival to RC and tell me if RC is worth paying more for less crowds? or what about Alaska Carnival cruises in June, do you think it will be less crowded?

Thanks so much!

Try sailing Canada/NE or Alaska? Europe?

Most ships sail full most cruises. If they have to mark down cabins to fill them, that is what they do.

You won't likely have fewer people on your Carnival cruises. RCI is not likely to be any less crowded in Caribbean especially given so many ships do not sail Caribbean in summer. Those that do have more people because there are fewer choices.

Try another cruise line. Princess, NCL in another location.

Edited by sail7seas

I honestly do not recall this NOT being the case on any ship we have ever sailed (regardless of the time of year).

Hubby and I are naturally early risers, so we would always have a chair on the lido deck....but we would watch people place their towels on chairs and LEAVE. On Celebrity, we actually saw 2 women place towels on approximately 40 or 50 chairs one morning. :eek:

It really doesn't matter which cruise line or what time of year. You just have to get up early. As far as shows go, Royal Caribbean you make reservations, which is great. (at least on the larger ships) but if you are late, they give your seats to the people waiting on line that did NOT make reservations.

You have to look at the space per passenger and the passenger-crew ratio to find less crowded ships. The ones with the better ratio are more expensive than Carnival.

Alaska has the advantage of less interest in pool time and more interest in the countryside and the ports.

Another option is to book a balcony cabin and hang out there, but we don't cruise with children.

With RCCL you make a reservation for your shows, including the comedy show, so you have a place to sit when you go to the show. I do think that is superior to how Carnival handles shows - with people having to go an hour early to get a seat. So, if you are looking for a more orderly situation, yes, I think RCCL is more orderly and there is also lots of seating up on deck - especially in the the conservatory. My advice would be to try a Oasis class ship and see if you like it better. My expatiation is that you will. They are huge ships, but they are also really nice ships and the way crowds are managed is excellent.

We've been cruising Carnival every year in June in the Carribean. Summer is our only option due to school schedule. But after this last cruise I vowed "never again" because of the lack of chairs everywhere on Lido and inability to get in to comedy shows unless we went very early.

So my question is, can anyone compare Carnival to RC and tell me if RC is worth paying more for less crowds? or what about Alaska Carnival cruises in June, do you think it will be less crowded?

Thanks so much!

Depending on when in June you plan to go to Alaska -- it is usually crowded no matter what cruise line you choose.

School is out and each year more and more families are doing Alaska.

For Alaska -- choose either Princess or HAL -- they have been in the Alaskan business longer than the other cruise lines.

With RCCL you make a reservation for your shows, including the comedy show, so you have a place to sit when you go to the show. I do think that is superior to how Carnival handles shows - with people having to go an hour early to get a seat. So, if you are looking for a more orderly situation, yes, I think RCCL is more orderly and there is also lots of seating up on deck - especially in the the conservatory. My advice would be to try a Oasis class ship and see if you like it better. My expatiation is that you will. They are huge ships, but they are also really nice ships and the way crowds are managed is excellent.

I like that idea of making reservations for the shows.

You need to look at the number of people on board in and compare that to the size of the ship. Have always thought RC does a great job in managing the number of people on board, especially on the Oasis class of ships. Passenger flow is very well handled. Also on Oasis class you can reserve your shows ahead of time. This is not a specific seat, but guarantees entry to a venue as long as you show up 10 minutes prior to the show. Also book a suite on RC and you have reserved seating at shows and main pool.

d (regardless of the time of year).

Hubby and I are naturally early risers, so we would always have a chair on the lido deck....but we would watch people place their towels on chairs and LEAVE. On Celebrity, we actually saw 2 women place towels on approximately 40 or 50 chairs one morning. :eek:

Did you move them?

DON

You do not get more than what you are willing to pay for. Ask yourself why cheaper ships are cheaper than more expensive ships. Space per passenger and staff/passenger ratio are key factors. Quality of food and entertainment are also significant. Bargain prices will very rarely buy quality experiences.