How many airports in Vancouver?

cruzhappy88

I will be cruising out of Vancouver, have never been there. Is there only one airport to fly into?

Yes there is only 1 airport in Vancouver (actually it is in Richmond). There is an other airport further away but that one is only serviced by WestJet & since recently by Air Canada.

Vancouver is your best bet, easy to get to the cruiseport by taxi or public transport (Skytrain).

If you never have been in Vancouver you should try to fly in a few day early, it is a beautiful city.

Theo

Yes there is only 1 airport in Vancouver (actually it is in Richmond). There is an other airport further away but that one is only serviced by WestJet & since recently by Air Canada.

Vancouver is your best bet, easy to get to the cruiseport by taxi or public transport (Skytrain).

If you never have been in Vancouver you should try to fly in a few day early, it is a beautiful city.

Theo

I have to agree with that comment. I've only been to Vancouver once (so far) but we had a little extra time there and could definitely have used more. It was a great place to visit.

Depending on who you like to fly with, another possible airport is Seattle and then either a train or bus transfer to Vancouver. Southwest flys to Seattle but not to YVR.

Love Vancouver and fly in every chance we get.

From Seattle.....

We gave up on the train after 2 bad experiences. Never again.

We will take the Princess transfer/Quick Shuttle/one-way rental car.

Much cheaper for us to fly to SEA.

From Seattle.....

Ok, sorry I didn't follow that. You fly into Seattle and then there is a Princess transfer from there to Vancouver?

From Seattle.....

Ok, sorry I didn't follow that. You fly into Seattle and then there is a Princess transfer from there to Vancouver?

Yes however it is usually the day of the cruise so if you fly in early you would have to get back to the airport to catch it.

The one coming back to Seattle from Vancouver is great and convenient as well.

Just check with Princess to see if its offered for your cruise. :)

Vancouver International is the most convenient for international travellers. It's about 30 minutes from the cruise terminal/downtown.

Seattle is a 3 hour drive, plus potential multi-hour border delays (especially weekends and long weekends).

• $50 quick shuttle is my preferred means. 6 to 7 shuttles a day depending on the day of the week to fit your schedule.
    http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm
  • Amtrak, Greyhound, and Bolt require transfers from airport, terminal, downtown, and bus station. There's also delays switching to different modes of vehicle.
  • You can also Orca whale watch your way between Vancouver and Seattle via Victoria with the Prince of Whales.

Edited by xlxo

Shop around for rental cars and drive from Seattle. We usually pay $200 less flying into Seattle and drive out through the islands, check in the car in Vancouver and spend several days there. Or take the Blackball ferry over to Victoria and spend a few days there, then the BC ferry toward Vancouver. Island views are fantastic on the BC.