Port of Miami, Hotels to stay in

kteg1752

I say a thread awhile back regarding where to stay before your cruise. WE are flying into Ft Lauderdale a day prior to our cruise. (sailing out of Port of Miami) :cool: Where should we stay that won't break the bank. Safe area. Restaurants within walking distance. If someone knows which thread I'm referring to and would post it for me, I would be greatful. Ideas for hotels would be great as well.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. We have never stayed there because we usually fly in a few days early and stay in South Beach. This time we have a late night flight and thought a stay near the port would be easier and cheaper. Right across the street is Bayside Marketplace with places to eat and it is just a short taxi ride to the port. From what I understand it is safe for night time walking.

Try Element Miami or Element Miami Doral

Both great 3 star properties, and very modern and clean. They have a great continental breakfast that has specialty espresso coffee included, smoother shooters, etc, all for free!

When we stayed at Element Miami, we used their shuttle to port, which was 12.00pp and they have a free airport shuttle

We are flying into FLL for our September cruise and are renting a car to take us to Miami (30.00 total), staying at Element Miami Doral (Was cheaper than Element Miami airport, and then next morning driving the nearest rental car return place with a free shuttle to the port.

At Element Miami, we paid 99.00 plus taxes

for Elelment Miami Doral, we paid 109 plus taxes, and we get two free drinks from their refresh store, whatever that is worth.

Both of these hotels I booked out a month prior to the cruise, I am sure they are cheaper if you booked farther out.

I don't know about restaurants being close, but all rooms come with kitchenette and there is a store inside the hotel to buy things to make to eat.

Also, there is a free shuttle that will take you to restaurants and stores within a 2 mile radius

Edited by aubreyc1988

YVE Hotel on Biscayne Blvd is across the street from Bayside and one block away from the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn and maybe 4 blocks from the entrance to the port of Miami. Lots of people stay there. Good pub with good food on the 1st floor as well.

YVE Hotel on Biscayne Blvd is across the street from Bayside and one block away from the Intercontinental and the Holiday Inn and maybe 4 blocks from the entrance to the port of Miami. Lots of people stay there. Good pub with good food on the 1st floor as well.

Is that the former B2 Miami Downtown hotel?

We stayed at the BW Premier Miami International on W Flagler. Nice place and not too expensive, the meal was a little more so. They have a Miami airport shuttle. There is also a shuttle to the Cruise Pier for USD10. If you want to go into Miami there is a bus from outside the door. Fast food close by restaurants a little way away. Suited us.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Kiwi by Choice.

I booked two nights at the Fortune House for like $149.00 a night for our March Pearl cruise. Used one of the Hotels sites (wink wink). It is like 1-1/2 miles from port.

If you have the time and are adventurous keep checking the price. It seems to bounce up and down. Have seen it from $129 to $300.00. Just depends on the dates. Was a lot cheaper than any of the near-port hotels.

I used reward points to pay most of one night.

We stayed at YVE when it was B2 a year ago January...we got it off Hotwire. I can't vouch for the hotel since it has changed hands, but we had a great stay while we were there...room was small but worked just fine for us and had a fantastic view of the port. The hotel was well kept up and although the elevators were a little slow, it wasn't terrible. The location was fantastic...there were all these cute little bistros right behind our hotel. We had the most amazing pasta dish at one and then had some French pastries at another before we boarded the ship. There is a CVS across the street and it was literally right across the Bayside Marketplace which was perfect for strolling at night and people watching. The taxi ride to the port was somewhere around $15 if I remember, not bad.

Like I said, look into recent reviews. We used Hotwire to get a 4.5 star hotel in that area for the night pre and post cruise and ended up with the Intercontinental for both. Excited to be back downtown.

I say a thread awhile back regarding where to stay before your cruise. WE are flying into Ft Lauderdale a day prior to our cruise. (sailing out of Port of Miami) :cool: Where should we stay that won't break the bank. Safe area. Restaurants within walking distance. If someone knows which thread I'm referring to and would post it for me, I would be greatful. Ideas for hotels would be great as well.

You mention no date. :o Nor what you would consider breaking the bank.

A room booked for October at the IC will cost double or more in winter. You might find something in Ft L that will run less than Miami. Lots depends on what time you are arriving too.

I would look at staying near FLL and then using a shared shuttle service to get to POM the next day. www.sunny.org has lots of tourist and hotel info on the FLL area. Shared shuttles to POM on cruise day typically cost about $15 per person.

As mentioned above, dates and budget numbers would help the board member to provide you with more useful suggestions.

You mention no date. :o Nor what you would consider breaking the bank.

A room booked for October at the IC will cost double or more in winter. You might find something in Ft L that will run less than Miami. Lots depends on what time you are arriving too.

That's for sure. For our cruise in February the IC is $354 a night.

We wound up booking the EB hotel near the airport.

Bill

Done a check and the Holiday Inn and the Intercontinental are both booked for the day I need. Any other hotel close by that would be reasonably priced and in a safe area?

WHEN? And what is 'won't break the bank' and 'reasonably priced' to you?

My BFF thinks $1200 a night is reasonable to pay for her favorite hotel in Cabo. I think $50 a night in off season is reasonable in South Beach off hotwire.

See how that's crazy?

The same hotel that is $100 a night in August is $400 a night in February.

What are your dates?

Can someone put my mind at rest - all the talk of dodgy areas have got me worried as I don't know Miami at all. We are booked into the doubletree biscayne

You are golden where you are. Blue Herons says I'm the one who had better be careful, which i will. Just because i am on vacation doesn't mean i am not aware of my surroundings.:)

I'll be looking over my shoulder.

Bill