Always available menu, what's happening ?

Perfectionistcruiser

Lunch & learn with the head chef now carries a $40 per person charge. This used to be gratis with David Bilsland.

Any update on increased cost of eating in la Champagne restaurant ?Also has the menu changed in the last twelve months?

Good afternoon Brimary - All is well on the Wind, currently in Livorno and moving on to Cannes tomorrow ( hopefully the weather will be kind enough to enable tenders to be used ).

The Le Champagne still charges $40 and regrettably the menu has not changed for over a Year ( its time it did in my opinion ) - unfortunately the philosophy seems to be that with the numerous 7 day Cruises and Newcomers, a change is not required. No doubt you share my view on that stance !!!

More like the last 36 months!

Agree that its tired and needs refreshing.

Yes, same menu since 2012. We loved it the first time. We ate there again on our August 2014 cruise and it was nice, but we found it to be very filling. Even then we tried to order different items off the menu. We canceled our reservation and skipped it entirely on the Oct 2014 cruise; just couldn't get into eating the same heavy food again.

Don't get me wrong - it's nice food and ambience at LC, but definitely ready for something different. I personally would love it if they used LC as a more experimental place to try out new menu items, or perhaps to prepare locally-sourced food items that were obtained a few times weekly at the ports of call. That way the menus would reflect the local cuisine, and might be more interesting. They would naturally have to vary as the ship changed positions. I guess that wouldn't necessarily equate to "gourmet" food, though.

Hmmm... duct tape, can you make this happen?

I remember when the menu changed frequently during a cruise. There were three or four menus so you could dine there more than once without repeating. They would post the different menus and which nights so you could make your choice. The good old days.

I remember when the menu changed frequently during a cruise. There were three or four menus so you could dine there more than once without repeating. They would post the different menus and which nights so you could make your choice. The good old days.

wripro, was that when it cost $150 or $200 per person? I seem to remember that from our 2010 cruises, even though we were way too cheap to spend that much. They were open roughly 50% of the time, and yes, each night with a different menu. Maybe we do get what we pay for... :)

Good afternoon Brimary - All is well on the Wind, currently in Livorno and moving on to Cannes tomorrow ( hopefully the weather will be kind enough to enable tenders to be used ).

The Le Champagne still charges $40 and regrettably the menu has not changed for over a Year ( its time it did in my opinion ) - unfortunately the philosophy seems to be that with the numerous 7 day Cruises and Newcomers, a change is not required. No doubt you share my view on that stance !!!

Mayflower,thanks for the update and delighted to hear the Wind is in good shape

Edited by brimary

If you want somewhere decent in Cannes, then you might want to try

http://www.gaston-gastounette.fr/

Jeff

wripro, was that when it cost $150 or $200 per person? I seem to remember that from our 2010 cruises, even though we were way too cheap to spend that much. They were open roughly 50% of the time, and yes, each night with a different menu. Maybe we do get what we pay for... :)

It started out at $200 including some terrific wines. Then they changed the policy to no charge but you had to buy wine front he premium list (no included wines served.) That was when they changed the menus during the course of the cruise. Once they went to a $30 charge and now a $40 charge they stopped changing the menus.

Personally, once per cruise is more than enough now and sometimes I don't even go once.