Deployment 2017/18 - first guesses and implications

Yes she was. As John said, RHAPSODY IS CURSED :eek::eek::eek:

I am seriously considering the TA to Barcelona on the 29th. :eek:

The trip from Barcelona to Venice is kind of pricey though. :(

Edited by John&LaLa

I am seriously considering the TA to Barcelona on the 29th. :eek:

The trip from Barcelona to Venice is kind of pricey though. :(

I REALLY want to do the Vision TA 8/22/17. I'm on the 8/11/17 sailing and really thinking about switching. I'll have to see what the cruise fare is like. :eek:

It seems Vision is doing the Cape Liberty itineraries to Canada/New England and Rhapsody seems to replace Legend out of Venice...

As far as it looks, the Amsterdam/Copenhagen deployment for Vision will remain, however? And I think she is doing a Transatlantic to Cape Liberty after her summer deployment, to fit in for Rhapsody?

Vision's Amsterdam sailings are unaffected. It's the cruises that were getting her from there back to Venice that are being cancelled. Her "new" transatlantic will leave Copenhagen on August 22 to get her to Cape Liberty in time to do the Canada/NE runs that Rhapsody was supposed to be doing.

Rhapsody's summer Bahamas sailings from Cape Liberty, have been cancelled.

Thanks for your information.

The loss of Legend was also the explanation and reason why RCCL is abandoning Dubai. Seems Vision will fit on on the winter deployment originally planned for Legend.

Very sad to see the Vision ships leaving RCCL successively... [emoji52]

Thanks for your information.

The loss of Legend was also the explanation and reason why RCCL is abandoning Dubai. Seems Vision will fit on on the winter deployment originally planned for Legend.

Very sad to see the Vision ships leaving RCCL successively... [emoji52]

First off, still not sure where Vision will be going following her "new" Canada/NE cruises in Sept/Oct 2017. She won't be going to Dubai, as that would require another TA, just two months after the other one. Maybe canal cruises? Southern Caribbean?

Second, did you change your screen name? I recall you signature, but not your name.

Indeed I changed my name, to have a more neutral one... [emoji6]

Southern Caribbean from Florida and Puerto Rico are already served by Jewel, Serenade and Navigator, but maybe additional ones for Vision are also planned.

Princess has also new 14 night cruises from Florida, so maybe RCCL will follow, or offer some partial and full Panama Canal transits.

Dubai seems impossible, the logistical effort to send her from USA to Dubai would be insane.

First off, still not sure where Vision will be going following her "new" Canada/NE cruises in Sept/Oct 2017. She won't be going to Dubai, as that would require another TA, just two months after the other one. Maybe canal cruises? Southern Caribbean?

Second, did you change your screen name? I recall you signature, but not your name.

The cruises are listed for Vision from Bayonne on the RC website.

Yes...will be nice to cruise together again. Any price protection?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Since the new Vision Itinerary is for 13 days with 1 extra port, I figured there would be an increase.

The September 20th cruise was price protected and we are paying the same for Vision as we did for Rhapsody.

Now, the icing on the cake would be to have Captain Marek in charge.

Edited by cruisenfever

Since the new Vision Itinerary is for 13 days with 1 extra port, I figured there would be an increase.

The September 20th cruise was price protected and we are paying the same for Vision as we did for Rhapsody.

Captain Marek adds a very special charm to Vision. Hope he's on your sailing.

Apparently everyone who is affected by the Legend, Vision and Rhapsody cruises will have until June 22nd to make up their mind where they want to transfer their 2017 cruises to and still get some kind of OBC and airfare reimbursement. Cruises were a long way away so plenty of time......

Problem I am having is they don't know exactly where their ships will be to choose a new cruise. I know Vision has to go somewhere after Oct, 2017, but at this point they don't know. Might be something I want to do, but will not have the option.

Talk about screwed up big time right from USA, Europe and Australia and beyond!

I REALLY want to do the Vision TA 8/22/17. I'm on the 8/11/17 sailing and really thinking about switching. I'll have to see what the cruise fare is like. :eek:

If I could get away with it, I would seriously do both!!! What an awesome B2B that would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not home so will have to look at everything when we get back this weekend. We haven't sailed with Capt Marek but agree.....from all that we've heard.....that having him as Master would definitely be the icing on the cake.

The next ridiculous story is that the longly anticipated, later cancelled Transatlantic on Rhapsody to Europe was cancelled, and now will be offered again... [emoji57][emoji849]

What a chaos...

At least that the compensation offered by RCCL is fair. [emoji5]

We finally got our letter regarding our Legend Singapore to Dubai sailing - two full days after the announcement that it was sold.

We have 3 options. The first is to retain all the benefits and do a swap to the new repositioning cruise which is shorter in length, inferior in itinerary and a full two months earlier. How they consider that a straight swap is a mystery to me. Do they not realise that people book cruises to fit in with their work/family/life commitments. We wanted to sail in May - not March, we have other commitments in March!

Second choice is to receive some OBC and book a different cruise at current rates. There is no itinerary even remotely like the one we booked on Legend and we would lose all the onboard booking benefits we got by booking Legend onboard another ship - i.e. Buy one get one 60% off and $400 OBC. AND we would have to pay any difference in price on the new booking

Thirdly - our only option in all honesty - cancel. :mad: Your loss RC - but then you really don't give a stuff do you? :rolleyes:

Edited by Bobal

We finally got our letter regarding our Legend Singapore to Dubai sailing - two full days after the announcement that it was sold.

We have 3 options. The first is to retain all the benefits and do a swap to the new repositioning cruise which is shorter in length, inferior in itinerary and a full two months earlier. How they consider that a straight swap is a mystery to me. Do they not realise that people book cruises to fit in with their work/family/life commitments. We wanted to sail in May - not March, we have other commitments in March!

Second choice is to receive some OBC and book a different cruise at current rates. There is no itinerary even remotely like the one we booked on Legend and we would lose all the onboard booking benefits we got by booking Legend onboard another ship - i.e. Buy one get one 60% off and $400 OBC. AND we would have to pay any difference in price on the new booking

Thirdly - our only option in all honesty - cancel. :mad: Your loss RC - but then you really don't give a stuff do you? :rolleyes:

If you booked the Legend cruise onboard another cruise, at the very least you should be able to switch that to another sailing and get whatever "book on board" OBC is appropriate to the new cruise.

If you booked the Legend cruise onboard another cruise, at the very least you should be able to switch that to another sailing and get whatever "book on board" OBC is appropriate to the new cruise.

I would have hoped so but the wording doesn't seem to indicate that. I am pursuing this.

I would have hoped so but the wording doesn't seem to indicate that. I am pursuing this.

Just remembered that you book under UK rules, so your terms are probably different.

We were booked on the same cruise as you. Our travel agent knew nothing of what was going on until she got an email from RCI at 7 am yesterday. I warned her the day before of what I'd been reading on Cruise Critic...

Anyway, here's the notification:

Dear Travel Partners,

We recently announced the sale of Legend of the Seas, which has subsequently made it necessary for us to adjust some of our related itineraries in 2017. Please know that we fully recognize that this is not a matter of simply moving dates and ships. We realize your clients' vacation is precious and we want to do everything we can to ensure it is exceptional.

To that end, we are sorry to inform you that your clients' upcoming sailing onboard Legend of the Seas, sailing May 18, 2017, has been cancelled. We understand the disappointment this may cause, and will have one of our associates reach out to you to discuss possible options for your clients.

Guests currently booked with names and money in house on Legend of the Seas May 18, 2017:

Re-book on the select sailing below, in like accommodations, at the protected/lowest available cruise fare or any other Royal Caribbean sailing at prevailing rate. Price protection is limited to the cruise fare only. Taxes, fees, gratuities and other non-cruise fare items are subject to prevailing rates regardless of the sailing chosen.

Select Sailing:

Legend of the Seas, March 13, 2017

Receive $200 onboard credit per standard stateroom, $400 onboard credit for suites when you rebook any Royal Caribbean sailing.

Commission will be protected when re-booking any Royal Caribbean sailing. A $50 rebooking bonus commission will be applied to bookings that rebook on one of the select sailings listed above, limit one per stateroom.

Guests who incur a fee due to the change in their airline reservations will be reimbursed up to $200 per person, for Domestic Flights and $300 per person, for International Flights. A copy of air fees assessed must be provided for reimbursement. Guests who cancel their sailing or air are not eligible for air change fee reimbursement.

A full refund for amounts paid will be processed to the original form of payment if guests choose to cancel; however, they will not receive any of the above compensation, including air change fee reimbursement. Travel Agency's commission will be protected on cancelled bookings with full payments.

A special help desk has been established to assist you with moving your clients. The desk is available now, and will remain open until June 22, 2016.All reservations that are not changed by the specified close date will be cancelled and ineligible for the compensation offered.

For Individual Reservations: 1-888-281-9344 ext. 28546

For Group Reservations: 1-888-281-9344 ext. 28623

Thank you for communicating this information to any clients you had booked on the cancelled sailing. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you and your clients.

The following groups are affected:

Sail Date

Ship

Group Id

18-MAY-17

LG

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

www.royalcaribbean.com

So Bobal, why are you thinking that you'd loose all your benefits by rebooking (and like you, no way is that March itinerary anywhere as good as the one we had originally! Not doing it.) We also booked on board so I am thinking that in any new rebooking I make, I get $400 obc as an "apology" from RCI about cancelling Petra on me as we had a JS + $$ obc from booking on board for the original cruise + $$ that my travel agent will give me. Any new booking carries the original booking number based on our experience with our Rhapsody TA that was cancelled.