Lemonade and tea

kayred

There is lemonade and ice tea available in the buffet area. You could mix them and create your own Arnold Palmer :). As for the flavored teas you mentioned I have not seen them on any of my cruises.

He may want to being some of the single serving ice tea drink mix packets or some Mio with him.

They have flavored tea bags. Things like Orange and Spice, Extra Lemon, Peppermint, and Chamomile. While the bags are for hit tea, he could add ice.

I make my own iced tea onboard.

Steep two tea bags in a mug til it's very dark. Pour this over a full glass of ice. The hot tea needs to be very strong because the melted ice will dilute the tea.

Edited by SadieN

My husband doesn't drink soda but is a big fan of different types of tea/lemonade. Anyone have any luck getting fruit teas (peach,mango whatever) or drinks like a strawberry lemonade? Does princess make an Arnold Palmer ice Tea?

I discovered a very nice tea bag (White Orchid) at the coffee bar. If you have a coffee card, tea is complimentary. I usually have them make it as an iced tea. I never tried the other tea bag flavors.

I also like their lemonade and I know that many have other not so favorable opinions about this drink.

Steep two tea bags in a mug til it's very dark. Pour this over a full glass of ice. The hot tea needs to be very strong because the melted ice will dilute the tea.

What a good idea. Should have thought of it myself! Fresh-brewed iced tea is always the best.

My husband only wants the ice tea not hot. Typically it will have chunks of fruit in it. Doesn't sound like they do. He will enjoy iced coffees instead (or regular ice tea/lemonade). We are going to Alaska so I am going to plan on getting the soda and more card just for me. Not sure what the shakes and hot chocolate cost but probably not enough to make the drink package a good value. Thanks for saving me some money. :)

Edited by kayred

My husband only wants the ice tea not hot. Typically it will have chunks of fruit in it. Doesn't sound like they do. He will enjoy iced coffees instead (or regular ice tea/lemonade). We are going to Alaska so I am going to plan on getting the soda and more card just for me. Not sure what the shakes and hot chocolate cost but probably not enough to make the drink package a good value. Thanks for saving me some money. :)

Soda and more includes Hot Chocolate and Shakes.

I do this also. The iced tea from the machines in the HC is undrinkable, IMO. I'll admit to being an iced tea snob, though. Very easy to make yourself, and you can use the flavored bags provided if you choose. I recall Constant Comment on one cruise, but can't recall other varieties.

You don't have to mix them yourself. DW often orders the mixture from the buffet stewards and they are happy to mix them for you.

The waiters in the MDR will do it too.

We were on one cruise with tablemates from Dallas, TX and that's all they liked to drink. The first night, they explained it to our waiter and every night afterwards, they would sit at the table and their drinks would show up about a minute later, mixed just the way they liked it.

Doesn't sound particularly appealing to me, but I prefer my tea hot and my lemonade cold. To each their own :D

I do this at work and it drives my Indian (the ones Columbus was looking for not the ones he found) co-workers crazy. And yea it has to twice as strong before you pour it over ice.

The IC has "hand-crafted iced tea fusions" - http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/ . I stick to coffee from there but that might be worth checking out.

I do this at work and it drives my Indian (the ones Columbus was looking for not the ones he found) co-workers crazy. And yea it has to twice as strong before you pour it over ice.

The IC has "hand-crafted iced tea fusions" - http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/ . I stick to coffee from there but that might be worth checking out.

Those look exactly like what my husband wants. Thank you!

My husband doesn't drink soda but is a big fan of different types of tea/lemonade. Anyone have any luck getting fruit teas (peach,mango whatever) or drinks like a strawberry lemonade? Does princess make an Arnold Palmer ice Tea?

Bring your own and mix it with water because he seems to be very particular.