Eighteen new shows in the next 18 months

wendychloecruiser

I think we saw the best group of Entertainers ever this summer.

A huge variety, no repeat performances, but I must wonder if the US passengers appreciated the British humour ( the ship was sailing with 80% British passengers)

The Highlight for me was a Beatles tribute act.

Agree with everything.... until you said Beatles Tribute Act. Hope you got a different one to the group on the recent Eclipse Med Cruise. We were hoping for something like the Bootleg Beatles. This group didn't cut it for us and several others we spoke to - Very little resemblance (poor in some cases I thought it was Phil Neville on Drums), cheap costumes and Paul McCartney's voice couldn't reach the notes (very noticable to anyone). We loved all the other shows but this one didn't cut the mustard.

Edited by DYKWIA

Several guest entertainers will no longer be contracted by Celebrity. In addition to Perry Grant, I understand Michele Balan and Lindsay Hamilton are not being invited back.

Perry has moved to P&O Arcadia. Hoping to see him in February. He is always fun! Celebrity's loss.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Here is the Celebrity production main webpage.

http://celebritycruisesproductions.com/index.html

You can them click on the other pages to see parts of the shows or other experiences being planned on various Celebrity ships. There are several youtube clips out as well, by the name of the shows. I'm glad to see a refresh and adding additional programming.

Thanks for the link...from the clips & descriptions it seems some have already been on ships in the past in various forms...like liquid miami nightclub in the solarium....pulsing music, lasers acrobats , also Indulgence...described as seductive pop up performances, speak easy style ( not sure if there will be charge for these 2)

Seems there will be a variety in themes, music etc....

Dragon with an Asian motif in costumes, music and choreography looks interesting

Also a Hollywood classics theme, Motown show, , Side Show...vintage circus, hip music, pulsing music, lasers, hi energy, Rox...1980s dance, Wonderland...today's hits, whimsical characters dance party, Random Acts of Entertainment...futuristic

Reigning Rock....for British market, British rock/dancing, I magic...magic w/lasers, maging, pulsing music... Live@sky.. revival of swing w/a modern twist, Star Factory, tbd

Hope I got the essence of some of them...not easy on my tablet

Curious if each ship will only have one big show on board and some of the party type events. If so what will they offer on the other nights?

Can't wait to see something new and fresh....hope not all will be lasers and loud!

Perry has moved to P&O Arcadia. Hoping to see him in February. He is always fun! Celebrity's loss.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

I think that is a temporary fill-in.

My sense was that Perry intends to make the Royal Princess his new home.

Princess cruisers are excited to have him.....

From his website :

15th July-12th Aug. P&O Arcadia

23rd Aug-17th Sept Saga Saphire

Oct 11 2015-Feb 8th 2016 Royal Princess

We lived through the mess they made in the upstairs club..I think on Summit...yrs back...lounger beds with mattresses, rags and curtains hung from the celings...,and weird characters encountering passengers, wanted or not!

Cried when I saw the mess and never went back.....in awhile all of it was taken out because it was such a flop!

The new lineup is ambitious and fresh even if some will be too loud and laser lighted for us...we hope they post a full schedule soon...we have 3 cruises booked .. very much hope we are lucky with whatever they put on those. .

Something to look forward to and chat about

I'm weird I guess and disappointed that there won't be any acapella groups any longer. :(

We too have enjoyed the acapella groups in the past. Sad to see them go, but I understand the reason. We have noticed that they are working to shore up the quality of the music fleet wide.

As for the production shows, we just passed on booking the Solstice in Alaska for the 4th time in 4 years, to get a change in entertainment. However we will miss Brent Nixon! What a job he does with illustrating the Alaskan Fontier and Wilderness.

Same with some of the RCI ships. Maybe production in house will spring for some of the recognizable songs of Broadway and music in general. If so, production shows will return to the gems they once were.

I think that is a temporary fill-in.

My sense was that Perry intends to make the Royal Princess his new home.

Princess cruisers are excited to have him.....

From his website :

15th July-12th Aug. P&O Arcadia

23rd Aug-17th Sept Saga Saphire

Oct 11 2015-Feb 8th 2016 Royal Princess

That's my understanding as well. The P & O, and Saga engagements were temporary. Perry is joining Royal Princess on October 11th. We are on thia sailing too. I sincerely hope it will work out well for him. I'm hoping additional news on 2016 will follow soon.

I think we saw the best group of Entertainers ever this summer.

A huge variety, no repeat performances, but I must wonder if the US passengers appreciated the British humour ( the ship was sailing with 80% British passengers)

The Highlight for me was a Beatles tribute act.

Unfortunately my experience was the exact opposite on our B2B this summer. I appreciate that the production shows cost a lot to put on and find it absolutely reasonable that they are performed every week over several years even if not to my personal taste. However the variety of entertainment was very disappointing (all solo singers/violin player) and compounded by the headline acts being repeated for the second week!

Wondering how far in advance the overall entertainment programme is planned? Not just booking guest entertainers but also scheduling. Told that booking was done from Miami -- if so, pity they did not take into account high number of consecutive cruisers. Then scheduling: on Equinox this was at best 'funky' and not good for those on later dining.

"More audience involvement instead of trained dancers or singers, and without formal shows, they used it as a reason to dump the orchestra."

That is a big YUK!

I don't want more "audience participation". I want a production show. What Carnival did was dumb down the shows and save a bunch of money.

I am more cautious than optimistic. Have you seen what Carnival did a few years ago, with the Hasbro game tie-in? More audience involvement instead of trained dancers or singers, and without formal shows, they used it as a reason to dump the orchestra.

We were on the Constellation in July and saw the new late night production show Elyria. We LOVED it! Very innovative and refreshing. If the other new productions are on the same level we can't wait to see them.

Will be on Solstice in Nov. What times are shows thanks. :)

Bottom line is that you just have to check the daily schedule, since this can depend on itinerary and night and ship. Generally, there are two showings of the main production show (either the in-house show or the guest entertainer) each night. One is usually at ~7pm for the people who have late seating dinner in the MDR and one is usually at ~9pm for the people who had early seating dinner in the MDR. On the first formal night, there is generally a show after the late seating dinner instead of earlier in the evening. My last cruise, the second show was at 10:45pm on that first formal night. But, all of the other entertainment on board will be at various times.

Edited by bEwAbG

"More audience involvement

I absolutely hate this if it means what I think it means.

I do not want to be dragged on stage to perform for the rest of the audience. This used to be a Carnival thing. People would sit there making no eye contact with the person sent to collect the "evening's entertainment" on stage. I would be sooooo embarassed!:o

"More audience involvement

I absolutely hate this if it means what I think it means.

I do not want to be dragged on stage to perform for the rest of the audience. This used to be a Carnival thing. People would sit there making no eye contact with the person sent to collect the "evening's entertainment" on stage. I would be sooooo embarassed!:o

We shall see soon, but I think it means more of the parties like the Motown party at the pool. It was not in place of entertainment in the main theater, but an addition.

We shall see soon, but I think it means more of the parties like the Motown party at the pool. It was not in place of entertainment in the main theater, but an addition.

There was something similar on the Summit. The Mowtown Show was up in the Reflections Lounge. It started as a show then continued as a Dance Party with the entertainers. You didn't have to dance if you didn't want to

Got a Facebook update in which Perry says that Crystal Cruises is going to offer him a longer contract than Princess. It wasn't clear if he will honor his Princess contract or go straight to Crystal.

I sure hope he stays with Princess as Crystal Cruises are too expensive for me!

I will miss Perry on the Eclipse on my 4/3/16 cruise.

I like Princess Cruises and was hoping to see him there in the future.