Post photos of your casual night attire

I don't wear jeans or leggings to the main dining room. I wear nice pants and a blouse or other attractive top, or nice pants and a top and blazer, or a sundress or other casual dress.

You'll see a wide variety of outfits on women in the dining room on casual night, so I wouldn't worry too much! Sorry I didn't post photos, but I don't have any photos of myself at dinner except on formal night.

I don't wear jeans or leggings to the main dining room. I wear nice pants and a blouse or other attractive top, or nice pants and a top and blazer, or a sundress or other casual dress.

You'll see a wide variety of outfits on women in the dining room on casual night, so I wouldn't worry too much! Sorry I didn't post photos, but I don't have any photos of myself at dinner except on formal night.

Thank you

For some reason, I can't think of good outfits for this. Do women wear nice jeans? Leggings? I'd love to see what you wore.

It depends on the itinerary. Very few sundresses/dresses/capris on an Alaskan itinerary, where they are the norm on Caribbean cruises. Jeans and leggings are permitted in the dining room and would look fine.

I don't think you'll find too many people willing to post pics; albeit an "anonymous" message board, many of us simply choose not to post pictures of ourselves. I'm sure you and your group will do fine with the suggested dress code. ;):)

I wear a nice pair of black pants and a cute top with black sandals. My daughter in law prefers dresses. My husband and sons wear docker type pants and either a polo shirt or a collared shirt with buttons and dress shoes.

On casual nights, you'll find me in either nice jeans with cute top, something sparkly or such with Sandal's or nice pair of puts OR skirt with blouse (denim skirt or black skirt), OR sundress OR capris with coordinating top.

Hubby is in nice blue or black jeans and collared top, or dockers with Polo Shirt, etc.

Wear what you would wear to a semi-nice restaurant at home. Jeans and top, sundress, capris, whatever. It's pretty relaxed.

For some reason, I can't think of good outfits for this. Do women wear nice jeans? Leggings? I'd love to see what you wore.

never in the Caribbean. Jeans only on embarkation day and only in December and there's snow in the embarkation port. I am way too old to wear leggings at any time.

I wear sundresses pretty much exclusively.. daytime into evening for all nights except formal. I fail to see any need to pack two outfits per day.

or skorts/ knit skirts and a top that is not a tee shirt.

LOL (at myself!)

For some reason when I read your title my mind picked up casual "night attire" instead of "casual night" attire.

I pictured people posting photos of themselves in their PJ's.

tee hee

http://s52.photobucket.com/user/gorkie4765/media/daw_2659_zpsimut5rbe.jpg.html

Casual night on NCL Pearl - hubby wears a polo and a pair of his dress pants/Khaki's and I had a not fancy sun dress (think kohls/chaps brand?)

edit: tried more times than i can count - photobucket insists on making me look huge.... added link instead

Edited by ghinderliter

never in the Caribbean. Jeans only on embarkation day and only in December and there's snow in the embarkation port.

Is that your own standard, or are we not allowed to wear jeans on non formal nights?

(Or maybe it depends on the ship)

Edited by LuCruise

I seldom wear jeans in summer weather...I simply don't think of jeans as summer clothing! You can certainly wear them if you want!

I usually wear capris or a sundress or skirt...

It's a late October cruise and my mind in on jeans and fall wear. I just have to balance that with the warm Caribbean weather

From RCI's website: Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women

At my house nice jeans don't fall under the above but if that's what pants & slacks mean to you, go for it. I think leggings that look like tights maybe no but leggings that look like skinny pants with a nice top yes. I enjoy purchasing some resort wear for my cruise but it is not necessary for you to spend extra $$$ for a cruise wardrobe. You don't need anyone's approval, do what you want it's your vacation. If you want to blend with everyone else you will see some jeans and leggings but most will wear the suggested attire. Department store clerks can show you examples of Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women if you need a visual. Hope this was helpful for you.

It's a late October cruise and my mind in on jeans and fall wear. I just have to balance that with the warm Caribbean weather

Just to put in my $.02...I always wear jeans (regular or Capri style) when we travel and that's because we do a lot of activities where one is more comfortable wearing them...for example...horseback riding (horses sweat and I wouldn't wear any other kind of pant style , except for maybe riding jodhpurs (but that would be too pretentious in the Caribbean for the most part). Also, I have a tendency to get cold on most flights when I travel and on ships, the MDR can be cold at times. Jeans are most certainly allowed in the MDR on non-formal nights.

Here's what the DH and DS (now 20) wear for non-formal nights:

Dark wash jeans w/collared polo (golf) shirts and athletic-type shoes for the DH. The DS has a collection of different colored, in pristine condition, Converse "Chuck" tennis shoes that he wears.

On dress up or not nights or whatever they're calling it now...I forget...the DH wears Clarks brand dress shoes and the DS wears Clarks loafers.

On casual nights you'll usually find me dressed in denim Capri pants (regular length ones if it's cool...which it can be, even in the Caribbean on some nights), or maxi skirts/dresses w/cute tops, and cute, comfortable gladiator-type sandals. I have one pair in brown leather and one in black patent leather which I wear during the day also. They are not the type that go up to the knee (but I'd like to get a pair of those).

On dress up or not nights you'll find me in dressier Capri pants, maxie skirts/dresses with dressier tops and dressier kitten-heeled sandals or my black patent leather gladiators.

I also usually wear some kind of light jacket, Pashmina stole, open cardigan, shrug, or a light sweater in the MDR as I find it to be pretty cool in there on most evenings and it's also cool in some of the other venues on the ship. Also, the DH and I like to walk out on deck after dinner in the evening and I find it to be cool-to-cold out there some nights.

I'm talking about cruising on Carnival or NCL. It's been a long while since we've cruised on any other lines. For example, our last 5 cruises have been on Carnival.

Whatever you decide to wear...I hope you have a great cruise with your family.:D

Edited by mousey

Casual nights vary a great deal by cruise line. What would be considered acceptable on one would not be allowed on others.

I'd like to know more about this- which cruises are the more fancy ones? I'm not a regular cruiser but if I had to guess I might say carnival is more relaxed and maybe RC is a little more dressy? Am I way off? Where does ncl and all the others stand?