Check-in and boarding for multiple cabins

at-c

We have a group going on Regal Princess in November and will boarding in FLL. There are several cabins booked under the same credit card, although each cabin has its own confirmation number. One cabin is a full suite, and the others are balcony cabins. There are also different levels of loyalty among the cabins, with some Gold, Ruby, and Platinum.

At check-in at Port Everglades, since we are traveling as a group, and since there will be one credit card to cover all onboard expenses, will the balcony cabins be allowed to check in with the suite? Or will there have to be separate check-ins at separate areas/queues?

Also, suite and Platinum guests are allowed early boarding. Will non-suite/non-platinum guests who are traveling with the group be allowed early boarding? Some in the group will not be able to negotiate the check-in or the boarding independently.

With one credit card, you should be able to checkin as a group. However, when moving to the lounge for boarding, only those with priority or in a cabin with such a person will be allowed to the priority area. Of course, everyone can go to the non--priority area if boarding together is important

We have a group going on Regal Princess in November and will boarding in FLL. There are several cabins booked under the same credit card, although each cabin has its own confirmation number. One cabin is a full suite, and the others are balcony cabins. There are also different levels of loyalty among the cabins, with some Gold, Ruby, and Platinum.

At check-in at Port Everglades, since we are traveling as a group, and since there will be one credit card to cover all onboard expenses, will the balcony cabins be allowed to check in with the suite? Or will there have to be separate check-ins at separate areas/queues?

Also, suite and Platinum guests are allowed early boarding. Will non-suite/non-platinum guests who are traveling with the group be allowed early boarding? Some in the group will not be able to negotiate the check-in or the boarding independently.

In my experience, they will allow the entire group to check in together using the priority line.

However, the entire group may not be able to board early. Suite and Elite boarding are from one location, Platinum boarding is later from another location, and general boarding is from a different location. These locations are not large enough for people to take non-qualifying guests with them. Once you have checked in, the credit card doesn't make any difference any more - each cabin is separate. There is no problem with passengers in the same cabin going to a preferred area as long as one passenger in that cabin qualifies. However the passengers in other cabins generally cannot join you.

Note also that Elite/Suite and Platinum may have different boarding areas. The Elite/Suite may use the Platinum area but not vs. versa.

If some people need assistance with boarding because of mobility issues, Princess will have a specific area for them where they can board with wheelchair assistance. Princess will provide wheelchairs and people to push the chairs. Depending on staff availability, they may board first, after Elite/Suite, or after Platinum. A few others may board with them, but I wouldn't try having ten people board with one handicapped person.

Note also that sometimes the handicapped boarding does not start until after general boarding. They need availability of wheelchairs and staff to push them, and there may be delays.

If anyone needs a wheelchair, ask the first Princess representative as soon as you get to the terminal - before you get to the check-in desk.

In my experience, they will allow the entire group to check in together using the priority line.
Those with mobility issues and people traveling with them are usually directed to a special check-in line separate from general and Priority check-in.

When there are literally often hundreds and sometimes thousands of passengers with Priority boarding, anyone without Priority who isn't booked in the same cabin as someone who does probably won't be allowed into the waiting area. Those with mobility issues are directed to a completely separate area. In San Pedro, for instance, only one or two wheelchairs are allowed to board at the same time. They space the wheelchairs out.

It does not matter if everyone checks in together or not. As far as the credit card is concerned, they only ask if you want to use the same one that was entered in the Personalizer. If you do, they do not ask to see it.

If the person that needs assistance is not eligible for the special boarding area (suite/elite/platinum), possibly someone else in your group who does not have that problem can help the person.

It does not matter if everyone checks in together or not. As far as the credit card is concerned, they only ask if you want to use the same one that was entered in the Personalizer. If you do, they do not ask to see it.

If the person that needs assistance is not eligible for the special boarding area (suite/elite/platinum), possibly someone else in your group who does not have that problem can help the person.

I'm not 100% sure of your comment unless it has changed. Four years ago we took a cruise. I booked and paid for everyone. I used my credit card for the personalizer. When we got to the check in counter my son turned to me and said "mom, I need your credit card. I said why. He said they need a credit card for the account and I don't have one." So, in our case they did ask to "see" it because mine was already on the account.

If you can't just meet onboard, after all you are all on the same cruise. ;)

Meeting on board is not the problem. It's the problem of accompanying those in the group who are not independent enough to check in and get onboard.

I appreciate all of the input.

But now I'm confused. There's a little bit of conflicting information in the posts above.

Can a non-elite or non-suite get checked in at the elite/suite check-in areas? The same credit card will be used to cover for onboard charges. Will I need to check in to the suite and then traverse the lobby to the other check in lines for other cabin types?

I suppose families who book more than one cabin would have similar issues... just as if a family books a suite and nearby balcony cabin, and the kids don't have elite status.

Meeting on board is not the problem. It's the problem of accompanying those in the group who are not independent enough to check in and get onboard.

But now I'm confused. There's a little bit of conflicting information in the posts above.

Can a non-elite or non-suite get checked in at the elite/suite check-in areas? The same credit card will be used to cover for onboard charges. Will I need to check in to the suite and then traverse the lobby to the other check in lines for other cabin types?

I suppose families who book more than one cabin would have similar issues... just as if a family books a suite and nearby balcony cabin, and the kids don't have elite status.

With a suite, you can get on any line, including those without priority. So you will not have to check in on the suite line and then cross the room to the non-priority line to check in the others

It's not a mobility issue that disallows some to board independently.

It's more of a competency issue.

We were elite but able to bring my special-needs brother thru the Priority line even though he had a different cabin. I am sure Princess will oblige any reasonable requests...OP's question sounds reasonable to me.

Steve

There are 7 of us cruising together with 4 different cabins on the Crown for Thanksgiving.

My dad has mobility issues and is Elite. There is one person in our group that this is his very first cruise.

We would all like to board together for the embarkation photo. We don't need to be among the first on board but we like the photo because it has the date, the ship and itinerary on it. That is usually the only photo we get.

There should be no problem with you are checking in at the elite/suite check-in area. The potential problem is for waiting to board and boarding after you check in. You can ask the Princess representative when you check in - I don't know whether or not you will be able to all sit in the elite/suite boarding area because of your specific circumstances. If not, you can all board together at the non-priority boarding time.

There are 7 of us cruising together with 4 different cabins on the Crown for Thanksgiving.

My dad has mobility issues and is Elite. There is one person in our group that this is his very first cruise.

We would all like to board together for the embarkation photo. We don't need to be among the first on board but we like the photo because it has the date, the ship and itinerary on it. That is usually the only photo we get.

Your dad doesn't have to board with the disability people or the elite people. You can let the rush go then all board together.

If your dad needs a wheelchair for boarding, then he will need to board with that group - his Elite status will not make any difference. A companion can definitely board with him. Your whole group may or may not be able to join him in that area - it depends on whether or not they have room. Sometimes the wheelchair waiting area hardly has enough room for the wheelchair passengers and one companion each. You really won't know until you get to the port and check in.

If it doesn't work out for you to get the embarkation photo when you board, ask one of the photographers after you get on board. I don't think he would have any problem taking a similar picture of your group (with the same labeling) later at your convenience.

If your dad needs a wheelchair for boarding, then he will need to board with that group - his Elite status will not make any difference. A companion can definitely board with him. Your whole group may or may not be able to join him in that area - it depends on whether or not they have room. Sometimes the wheelchair waiting area hardly has enough room for the wheelchair passengers and one companion each. You really won't know until you get to the port and check in.

He will not be forced to board with the wheelchair group that boards first.

(After all, not all wheelchair passengers have even checked in by then.)

If it doesn't work out for you to get the embarkation photo when you board, ask one of the photographers after you get on board. I don't think he would have any problem taking a similar picture of your group (with the same labeling) later at your convenience.

I was not aware we were able to get an "embarkation" photo at any other time than boarding the ship.

That's good to know, then there is no need to all board together unless they allow us to. :D

I was not aware we were able to get an "embarkation" photo at any other time than boarding the ship.

That's good to know, then there is no need to all board together unless they allow us to. :D

As much as I respect Navy Veteran, I believe the only time you can take a picture on Embarkation Day is when you board. They will have the background screens up.

Now...that being said, I am sure that if you assemble as a group and proceed to the area where the photos are being taken, they will gladly fit your group in. Toward the end of the check in time, there are very few people still boarding.

Lately, they've had the photo "session" inside the ship rather than on the Promenade Deck. You may even find two set ups.

Enjoy your family gathering and good luck. With such a large group, you will probably have more luck waiting in the general boarding area rather than trying to get everyone into the elite/suite lounge.

As much as I respect Navy Veteran, I believe the only time you can take a picture on Embarkation Day is when you board. They will have the background screens up.

Now...that being said, I am sure that if you assemble as a group and proceed to the area where the photos are being taken, they will gladly fit your group in. Toward the end of the check in time, there are very few people still boarding.

Lately, they've had the photo "session" inside the ship rather than on the Promenade Deck. You may even find two set ups.

Enjoy your family gathering and good luck. With such a large group, you will probably have more luck waiting in the general boarding area rather than trying to get everyone into the elite/suite lounge.

I agree, I have not seen photogs around the ship after boarding. There is too much going on with embarkation to expect pictures onboard.

If you want one get one in the terminal while boarding. ;)

Thank you very much!

My TA was able to contact Princess directly and ask about all of us checking in at the Suite check-in and then boarding at the same time. The situation was explained, and Princess has entered a note in the booking record that they will allow all to check-in and board at the same time.

My TA was able to contact Princess directly and ask about all of us checking in at the Suite check-in and then boarding at the same time. The situation was explained, and Princess has entered a note in the booking record that they will allow all to check-in and board at the same time.

Based on your particular situation, this is what I expect would have happened had you made the inquiry at the Pier. Now you have it ahead of time and no worries.

I recommend that you take a printed copy of the information from Princess with you. Sometimes things written in the booking record are not visible to people on the ship - and I would expect it to be more likely that it would not be visible to someone on shore checking you in.

How big is your group?

At the port they might object to non-suite, non-elite people in your group who do not require your assistance going into the suite/elite waiting area no matter what you were told by HQ.