Project Edge - Status

Wayneair

Wow! I've used their laundry service for years and have never had a problem. Still, it would be nice for them to include a laundromat for the flexibility of doing ones own laundry, but I'm doubting that they will.

Well, I wouldn't go as far as Jane, but I have had some problems with X's laundry, over the years. Twice, I've had light colored t-shirts come back with some sort of green liquid (fabric softener?) splashed on them. The problem came when they didn't catch it, and the garment went into a hot drier -- setting the stain in, permanently. So, now we're careful about what we send out. And, I've never sent anything that could be shrunk, or had lycra in it. Their dry cleaning and pressing services have been OK, though.

We have used Celebrity's laundry service on at least our last 10 sailings, & have never had a piece come back damaged... or lost, which I find amazing; how do they keep track all those garments! Not doubting anyone's experience, but we have not had a problem.

Hi Beth! That particular cabin feature takes me back to the not-so-good-old-days. Our very first cruises (back in the '80's) were on converted ocean liners. Some folks here may remember the Carnivale (one of Carnival's first three ships). In her own way, she was charming -- but staterooms were a nightmare. We had a long, skinny cabin, with a tiny port-hole, bunk beds, and -- yes -- the sink outside of the bathroom. All in all, it was a step up from our first cruise, on the SS Azure Seas. For that one, we had a tiny inside cabin (over the engine room). The bathroom was SO small that (no kidding) the toilet was inside the shower stall! :eek:

I've been trying to remember the name of one of the ships I sailed years ago on a short 4 days sail out of LA. When I read your comment, the name came back to me. SS Azure Seas. Thanks for jogging my memory.:)

We have used Celebrity's laundry service on at least our last 10 sailings, & have never had a piece come back damaged... or lost, which I find amazing; how do they keep track all those garments! Not doubting anyone's experience, but we have not had a problem.

This past April on Reflection, we had lost laundry. It never was found.

This past April on Reflection, we had lost laundry. It never was found.

In August, on Equinox, I had someone else's top in with our laundry :eek:! My DH, as he was unpacking the returned laundry bag, stated that he'd never seen me in this leopard print top before! I replied that it was probably because it wasn't mine :rolleyes:.

In August, on Equinox, I had someone else's top in with our laundry :eek:! My DH, as he was unpacking the returned laundry bag, stated that he'd never seen me in this leopard print top before! I replied that it was probably because it wasn't mine :rolleyes:.

LOL...I received some man's underwear!

In defense of Celebrity's laundry service, they usually do a great job, but once in awhile things go wrong.

LOL...I received some man's underwear!

In defense of Celebrity's laundry service, they usually do a great job, but once in awhile things go wrong.

Oddly, even my land-based cleaner sometimes makes some OOPSIES. :D

There are often labels on the tags, with your cabin number, or a code for your cabin number. I take most off, but sometimes find them months later irritating my skin.

I've even seen them on socks.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Oddly, even my land-based cleaner sometimes makes some OOPSIES. :D

You're not kidding about that one, Brother! :p:eek:

But, the big difference is: if you don't like your neighborhood cleaners, you can always find another one. Sadly, our options at sea are more limited. :(

Edited by wwcruisers

Well, I wouldn't go as far as Jane, but I have had some problems with X's laundry, over the years. Twice, I've had light colored t-shirts come back with some sort of green liquid (fabric softener?) splashed on them. The problem came when they didn't catch it, and the garment went into a hot drier -- setting the stain in, permanently. So, now we're careful about what we send out. And, I've never sent anything that could be shrunk, or had lycra in it. Their dry cleaning and pressing services have been OK, though.

I will agree that the dry cleaning service is fine - it is the actual laundry that is beyond horrid. I will send DH's underwear, tee shirts and socks but that is all. I've had things come back shrunken beyond wearing, whites a light gray, items folded wrinkled. :mad:

I will ask why it bothers some people that there are others of us that would like a small laundry - if you wouldn't use it - why the heck do you care if it is there for me to use? If a laundry or two took the space of 2 less cabins - how is that impacting you. I'm sure you'd be able to see their location and not book near them. I just don't get it.

Sorry everyone, but can I ask Jane a quick question?

We're in Punta Gorda too.

Jane, have you taken the new Escot Cruise Connection bus to Miami or Ft. L.?

I asked this on the Florida Folks board and got no response.

No - I haven't used them, had never even heard of them until now when I googled them. :o It seems that they get good reviews as I search around and the price seems really reasonable when you think about the cost of gas and parking.

This might be a possibility, one way, for our Panama cruise in 2017. We'll cruise from Miami but fly home for San Diego back to Ft Myers.

Come back and let me know if you do use them please! :)

I will agree that the dry cleaning service is fine - it is the actual laundry that is beyond horrid. I will send DH's underwear, tee shirts and socks but that is all. I've had things come back shrunken beyond wearing, whites a light gray, items folded wrinkled. :mad:

I will ask why it bothers some people that there are others of us that would like a small laundry - if you wouldn't use it - why the heck do you care if it is there for me to use? If a laundry or two took the space of 2 less cabins - how is that impacting you. I'm sure you'd be able to see their location and not book near them. I just don't get it.

Jane, I totally see your point. Good clothes are too expensive to risk getting ruined.:(

My problem is that I'm still haunted by the "ghosts of family vacations past", where I found myself cooking, cleaning, and -- yes-- doing laundry, while everyone else had fun. So now, I try very hard to let other folks do all the work, when we cruise! ;)

Edited by wwcruisers

There are often labels on the tags, with your cabin number, or a code for your cabin number. I take most off, but sometimes find them months later irritating my skin.

I've even seen them on socks.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

LOL, you're right! They used to use room numbers, but lately it seems to be random code numbers. Always evokes fond memories when you find that thing that is scratching your neck is a long forgotten laundry tag on an item that rarely gets worn other than while on cruising!

LOL, you're right! They used to use room numbers, but lately it seems to be random code numbers. Always evokes fond memories when you find that thing that is scratching your neck is a long forgotten laundry tag on an item that rarely gets worn other than while on cruising!

Or when you find them when you put that garment on the next cruise? The memories are fond!

:D

Happy sailing,

Jenna

So after seeing the annoucement about Summit and Infinity yesterday I wonder if this means Project Edge will include outside movies on all their ship?

As they have only announced such changes to 2 of the 4 M-Class, I'd say it's a bit early to speculate with any amount of reasoning.

No doubt first see how popular the space is here, fun tune it as necessary, then decide what to do.

Jane, I totally see your point. Good clothes are too expensive to risk getting ruined.:(

My problem is that I'm still haunted by the "ghosts of family vacations past", where I found myself cooking, cleaning, and -- yes-- doing laundry, while everyone else had fun. So now, I try very hard to let other folks do all the work, when we cruise! ;)

So agree lol No laundry duties for me while on a cruise. I'll take more clothes if I have to :D

So agree lol No laundry duties for me while on a cruise. I'll take more clothes if I have to :D

And let's all be honest, how dirty do we really get on a crusie ship. I can wear my same shorts for the week, 1 pair long pants and tux pants suffices. I can wear a button shirt 2 or 3 times seems its t-shirt AM, polo shirt mid day, dress shirt night, in reality a dress shirt is worn at night for 4 hours though I do change underwear like 2 or 3 times a day, I seem to clean myself a lot LOL.

I used to way over pack. I've gotten way better.

• 1 month later...

Interesting thread. I've been following the construction of RCCL's Harmony. I read an article a few weeks back on cruise ship order backlogs. It suggested that a fifth Oasis Class and a third Celebrity Edge ship would ordered.

Here is a link to the article. It's in French. Need google translator.

http://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/leventuelle-commande-dun-oasis-5-est-elle-credible

Edited by Tommy3putts

Norwegian Epic style bathrooms, not sure how that will go...

Frankly I find I kind of disgusting having to wash you hands outside the bathroom in your own cabin right in the middle of the room where anyone in the hall can see when you open the door.

The reason that the S class do not have clothes line is that is is a little difficult to put them in an a curved glass shower door. Easy to do on the rectangular showers on the M class. Choice to be made = shower curtain and clothes line or no shower curtain and glass door.

Horse hockey (as a lovable old captain use to say)!!!

From wall to wall on the diagonal would work. They just didn't do it (or forgot).