Currently on Eclipse Luninae service restricted

Gordoncruickshank

We had this happen in early May cruise, and were told that they would get it worked out. We have another cruise booked for April and will be interested in seeing what their response is. We need scheduled meals for medical reasons, and cruise will be cancelled if this stands.

Because there are so many other options (room service, MDR, BUFFET, Aqua Spa) I don't see why this is a reason to cancel outright, but I remain on the side of those who say that Celebrity is not delivering what they promised to in their literature and in the conversation on line with their new leadership

Room service would have worked if they had bothered to tell us the night before so that we could have placed order, Blu might have worked if we had been told to call for time or have the butler do it. They were out the door at Blu with the suite people looking for breakfast and the Aqua people complaining about the suite passengers using "their" dining room. Did not expect it to close at 1 PM either when it was open. Did not see hours posted or in our paperwork.

This is more than an inconvenience when you need to eat very shortly after taking medication! I sent email to concerns at celebrity as suggested and they did not even bother to respond.

I have filled in both sides of the comment sheet regards this and passed it back to guest relations this morning. I then advised the Michaels Club concierge (as they get a bit stroppy if they don't know). Concierge was a waste of space in my opinion - you have other places you can eat was her comment. Mine was that I paid to eat in Luminae at the times advertised. I await with interest if there is a response and will post when I hear. I did this early to give them a chance to put it right. If not they are in breech of their advertising.

If it stays like this it won't spoil the holiday but I will be thinking hard about the 5 cruise with Celebrity that I have in the pipeline.

Since they do not specify times in their advertising ands since brunch can encompass both breakfast and lunch they are technically not in breech. After all one can go for breakfast at 10 and return for lunch at 12.

Since they do not specify times in their advertising ands since brunch can encompass both breakfast and lunch they are technically not in breech. After all one can go for breakfast at 10 and return for lunch at 12.

I think we can all admit that this is a "weasel words" definition of "breakfast and lunch". I expect that kind of shadiness from NCL.

Just back from Constellation and there was a brunch in Luminae from 10 until 1 on sea days, but there weren't so many of them. I went and ate breakfast elsewhere because it doesnt suit me to wait ether. There is food all over the ship if you need it for a medical reason and for me at least it isn't worth getting worked up over. Blu does a lovely breakfast. I'm afraid some of this foot stomping because one is in a suite gets tiring for me. I saw it in person on Constellation.

Phil

Good post Phil

There is also in my view a far better breakfast offering in Blu with the table side muesli

Sorry but this is a first world problem- appreciate your wife's condition but she has access to a sufficient breakfast many in her situation do not

That may be harsh but I'm sure the crew on board will make adjustments such as deliver to your suite any additional breakfast requirements.

Remember your booking conditions- things can change!

Just back from Constellation and there was a brunch in Luminae from 10 until 1 on sea days, but there weren't so many of them. I went and ate breakfast elsewhere because it doesnt suit me to wait ether. There is food all over the ship if you need it for a medical reason and for me at least it isn't worth getting worked up over. Blu does a lovely breakfast. I'm afraid some of this foot stomping because one is in a suite gets tiring for me. I saw it in person on Constellation.

Phil

This is how we felt on Eclipse too..... Luminae dinners were wonderful!!! We ate there for breakfast and lunch a few times but most of our 16 days we went elsewhere, not even thinking about Luminae. There are SO MANY options that it just wasn't important to us. Can not imagine going hungry on a ship EVER. We were on vacation, in a suite, having a wonderful time. Don't sweat the small stuff.....

the issue is that the CEO of Celebrity clearly stated that their advertising of breakfast lunch and dinner would be implemented on all ships. That was months ago. .

Missed that. Where has she said that? And was it promised that the suite guests always/all days/all cruises will be served breakfast in Luminae at the same times?

the chat has been removed, but I quoted (reposted) the CEO's response in the proper forum just after the online chat.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=47042415&highlight=chat+lisa#post47042415

Thanks! To me it seems that some didn't like the early breakfast time and wanted the brunch back on seadays...

It can't be easy to make everybody happy...

Thanks! To me it seems that some didn't like the early breakfast time and wanted the brunch back on seadays...

It can't be easy to make everybody happy...

No, you can't make everyone happy, and yes, there are probably some who can afford to miss a meal. :rolleyes::D:D

Folks in suites are paying a premium fare that includes access to Luminae for their meals

Folks in AQ class also pay a premium for BLU...great breakfasts there.

Hopefully if suite and AQ guests are using BLU , staffing levels there will be adequate....

Substitution of brunch in Luminae seems to be a cutback from what was promised.......

no one will ever starve on a cruise ship. Aqua has always been able to handle suite guests who want to eat breakfast there and no doubt they still can. I'm just disappointed when Celebrity doesn't deliver what they say they will deliver....and more than disappointed when the CEO states something that isn't accurate in response to a direct question. At a minimum, make a cover pronouncement that "due to overwhelming customer demand" we have introduced Brunch (much like the heralded overnights in the Caribbean).

However, if I were to complain about something in Luminae's schedule, I'd focus on the early end of the brunch. Heck, even the breakfast/lunch places in our city don't close until 2pm....and Sunday Brunches don't close until 2....that's kind of the normal hour...what one would expect if offered "brunch".

I continue to get the feeling that Celebrity HQ is isolated from their passengers....not from the $'s the passengers pay. They do run a good cruise line....but they keep doing things that alienate customers, some of which they backtrack on once they realize they stirred up a hornet's nest (eg drink packages). Maybe they all need to get out of the office and on to the cruise ships more.....and/or they need a customer/consumer panel the can bounce ideas off....much like Fidelity Investments and many others....and members should not be those who just love everything about Celebrity...it should be a cross section of opinions so they hear both sides.

Edited by ghstudio

i am pretty sure the question was carefully asked by me to CEO - THREE meals- breakfast lunch and dinner? there was no question that she responded there would be THREE meals.

And, i don't get this whole thing of---land and sea can't communicate? Send a freaking email to the ships and let them know what is required of them. why is this so difficult? i have people reporting to me all over the country and one simple email let's everyone know at one time what is expected of them. take a few seconds. no confusion.

Stop with the excuses. Get it right.

Actually, I have a solve for brunch days, place the full luminae breakfast menu in my suite the night before. I will let you know what I want and the butler can serve me in my room the next morning. The food should come from Luminae kitchen and not general room service kitchen. If you gave me that, I could be happy.

Realistically, how many people would show up for early breakfast while in a suite when they have butler service, Blu and the buffet? How many people would show up for lunch on a port day? The brunch covers late risers for breakfast and also lunch. Does it seem reasonable, considering that there are not that many suites, to keep a dining room open if only a couple of people will show up?

I'm sure the itinerary also has a lot to do with what the schedule is.

We book suites and I think a little common sense and understanding might be in order.

Breakfast suitable for a diabetic can be happily served in ANY cabin on Celebrity. If one has a special need all you need to do is let Celebrity know and voila - it happens. Extension cord for CPAP machine - provided. Insulated carafe with hot distilled water for nasal irrigation - arrived each morning in a box outside our door by 6am. Do not like the breakfast menu and want something else? - write it in and within reason it arrives.

I note that Luminae on Constellation this year had lots of seats and no people when I ate breakfast.

Realistically, how many people would show up for early breakfast while in a suite when they have butler service, Blu and the buffet? How many people would show up for lunch on a port day? The brunch covers late risers for breakfast and also lunch. Does it seem reasonable, considering that there are not that many suites, to keep a dining room open if only a couple of people will show up?

I'm sure the itinerary also has a lot to do with what the schedule is.

We book suites and I think a little common sense and understanding might be in order.

Well said, Ma Bell! :)

When we ate breakfast in Luminae on a prior cruise, we were the only 3 people in the restaurant. :eek: This around 9:00 am.

IMO it's just not feasible, with so few Suites, to keep this restaurant open for breakfast and lunch. Yes, I know it was promised, but good intentions are not always the best when it comes to the bottom line. ;)

Edited by Iamthesea

Well said, Ma Bell! :)

When we ate breakfast in Luminae on a prior cruise, we were the only 3 people in the restaurant. :eek: This around 9:00 am.

IMO it's just not feasible, with so few Suites, to keep this restaurant open for breakfast and lunch. Yes, I know it was promised, but good intentions are not always the best when it comes to the bottom line. ;)

Were you on Reflection? Let's remember all of the Aqua Suites that turned into Sky Suites. That's a lot more passengers to fill up Luminae for breakfast or BLU if they keep up the brunch nonsense.

Bottom line, we were told by the CEO 3 meals and they shouid not change it. Especially since it has been only a few months since they reinstated what they had already promised.