MIA 12:40pm Flight - Doable, correct?

Usually, any time after 12:00 noon would be plenty of time to get your flight back to Canada. Canadian customs can be a bit tedious, so we always get a porter to whisk us through that and to our taxi to the airport. We've actually made it to the airport 2 hours before departure, but you never know what can happen. Your flight time is more than acceptable.

You should be just fine with that timeframe. On Carnival anyway, we would just walk off ourselves, with our luggage in tow and it is nice to go that route. It was fast and got to airport pretty quickly. Our flight was mid afternoon however we don't mind sitting at the airport to people watch if we don't have an earlier flight. Have fun! I head to Miami next month! [emoji267][emoji568][emoji484][emoji531]

To use my preferred airline last year, I had to be at FLL for an 11am flight. I was at the gate by 9am.

If you are going to FLL and booked transportation through SAS, the first shuttles leave just after 8am.

Hey,

What would you say is the earliest flight you can do from both Mia and fll? If we walked off ourselves with our bags?

We will be flying up to New York for a few days before flying home to England, so not sure how complicated an internal flight could turn out to be.

Thanks for any help.

Hey,

What would you say is the earliest flight you can do from both Mia and fll? If we walked off ourselves with our bags?

We will be flying up to New York for a few days before flying home to England, so not sure how complicated an internal flight could turn out to be.

Thanks for any help.

hey folks,

does anybody have an answer for this?

thanks for any help. It is very much appreciated.

hey folks,

does anybody have an answer for this?

thanks for any help. It is very much appreciated.

To be honest, people have reported catching flights as early as 1000. Personally I would never try that. Noon seems to be the safe zone. You have to remember that Miami airport is a zoo on Saturday mornings. I've never flown out of FLL so I can't speak to that.

After a nice relaxing cruise the last thing I want to do is stress out about catching an early flight.

Try not to get any flights before noon

Sometimes customs is super slow at the port and security at the airport nuts ...give yourself lots of time

You may need self debarcation just to be safe

Onece in Miami we wereon a btb it took us 45 minutes just to clear customs and ours was the short line for Us and Canada pax ......I thought we would miss our tour

Another time we could not debark before 9:30 ...customs officials were late ...people got very antsy ..many missed their flights .....you just never know

Most cruise lines I have sailed seem to suggest noon as a safe time for booking flights. Practically speaking, I have never gotten off after 10:00 AM - but it has been that late on a couple of occasions. If you are willing and able to self-disembark, you can be pretty sure of being ashore by 9:00 AM - from that time you need to estimate time needed to get to the airport at least an hour before your flight time.

You are fine.

The only time we had a problem is when the Port of Miami closed due to fog. Dozens of ship (cruise and commercial) sat a mile off shore and could not go in. Once the port opened, there was a traffic jam of ships.

Customs in Miami works very fast. Basically just show your passport and customs form and you are through.