Best place for breakfast on eclipse

layedbackboy

Seriously, no better place than on your balcony, pastries, coffee.....room service free for all rooms although selection available can vary depending on which room category you are in. Generally the higher the category the more choices available.

If you do not have a balcony go to the cafe area, collect your food and go out the back of the cafe area and carry on outside some nice seats there!

Obviously some of it will depend on what you do want to eat and drink too and if you like to be served or do buffet. Lots of people enjoy the beautiful coffee at Cafe El Bachio but this is extra cost if you do not have a drinks package.

Also you may have access to alternatives like Blu or Luminae depending what room type you are staying in.

Enjoy your breakfasts!

It depends what you like to eat for breakfast. Balcony is a nice option, but if you like your eggs freshly done as you like them and a choice according to how you feel in the morning then the buffet is a good option. If you want an omelette then ask them to use fresh eggs rather than the ready mix they have. They taste better! If you like a lighter breakfast with say muesli, fruit etc then the Aquaspa has some nice choices.

Phil

We do a mix of balcony and MDR. We like the MDR because you get to sit down and have a proper breakfast without the lines and jostling of the buffet. On morning when we have an early start room service on the balcony is very nice too. The buffet gives you more selections but we are just not fans of all the lines and crowds. Since you are in CC you will have a nicer room service breakfast menu.

I have to concur with the balcony. We eat there on ALL port days. Saves the back and forth.

Look at your menu but don't despair if it doesn't include an omelet or a bowl of strawberries (or whatever you like). As long as it is in reason, just write it in.

I agree that asking for fresh cracked eggs is best.

We take basic veranda suites and noticed on our last cruise (the Silhouette - Feb 2015) that the room service breakfast options that were included were basic continental, unlike previous cruises where we could get substantial meals for no additional cost, save a couple dollars for the waiter.

Anything more elaborate than continental breakfasts had additional and significant costs, ($18 for an omelette). Wanting more than muffins etc., but not willing to pay for it, we went to the MDR. Service was superb, as was the food and we lucked out being seated with really nice people each time. Breakfast on the balcony is a treat, but not one we need to pay almost $40 to receive. Drinking Pre-dinner glasses of wine while watching the sunset are equally enjoyable.

We take basic veranda suites and noticed on our last cruise (the Silhouette - Feb 2015) that the room service breakfast options that were included were basic continental, unlike previous cruises where we could get substantial meals for no additional cost, save a couple dollars for the waiter.

Anything more elaborate than continental breakfasts had additional and significant costs, ($18 for an omelette). Wanting more than muffins etc., but not willing to pay for it, we went to the MDR. Service was superb, as was the food and we lucked out being seated with really nice people each time. Breakfast on the balcony is a treat, but not one we need to pay almost $40 to receive. Drinking Pre-dinner glasses of wine while watching the sunset are equally enjoyable.

I'm not quite sure this is correct. While there are items that are extra, you can get plenty of hot items at no charge. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

I'm not quite sure this is correct. While there are items that are extra, you can get plenty of hot items at no charge. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

No, you are not wrong. You can get hot items, eggs/omelets/bacon/ham, etc. There are some high-end items on the menu that you do have to pay for like steak & caviar if you desire that with your hot eggs.

I agree that this isn't accurate. Not sure prices of "$18" for hot items that weren't considered premium is charged. As mentioned, if adding steak or salmon or something like that, then yes there might be an upcharge. But for scrambled eggs or the like, there is no charge. Perhaps you misread the menu? Do you have a copy of the menu?

On the Eclipse we enjoy a lazy breakfast in the MDR but you do need plenty of time to enjoy it. Dashing out on a Port visit ,then its the push and shove in the Oceanview.Its quick and easy.Never tried the Tuscan restuarant for breakfast been meaning to.

On the Eclipse we enjoy a lazy breakfast in the MDR but you do need plenty of time to enjoy it. Dashing out on a Port visit ,then its the push and shove in the Oceanview.Its quick and easy.Never tried the Tuscan restuarant for breakfast been meaning to.

The only passengers who are able to eat breakfast in Tuscan are Elite or above.

We used it 3 times on our Baltic cruise in July, but not many other passengers did. It made me wonder if it was an American dominated venue, rather than British ( there were 80% of Brits on board, who I suspect favour an English breakfast in MDR)

We just don't use room service because the food is never really hot and the coffee is not great (being kind) (note: not limited to Celebrity thought, it's generic)....we do use the balcony for drinks that we bring back with us or drinking the wine we bring on board, but that's not breakfast.

The answer depends on your cabin class and captain's club status.

First cruise: MDR if you like a sit down meal served almost hot or buffet (made to order omelettes, poached eggs with various stuff on them).

Aqua Class: Blu...but you can't get eggs benedict, herring or waffles there so sometimes you go to the buffet.

Captain's club elite: the elite breakfast is limited (no eggs or hot dishes), but great view, good coffee (but they sometimes cheat and make the expresso in bulk and it's not as good as cafe baccio) and free bloody mary's and mimosas. easy to find a table as well...

ellte + or drink package: go to cafe Baccio for some real coffee.

I haven't mentioned the aqua spa cafe....we just don't eat there since the change to the "healthy"/uninteresting food...someone else can comment if it's worth trying.

Edited by ghstudio

Never used the aqua spa cafe for breakfast, so I don't know what is available, but I do like their lunches. Salmon is made to order and I find that the food doesn't have added milk/?cream, great for me, as I am Lactose intolerant.

Captain's club elite: the elite breakfast is limited (no eggs or hot dishes), but great view, good coffee (but they sometimes cheat and make the expresso in bulk and it's not as good as cafe baccio) and free bloody mary's and mimosas. easy to find a table as well...

Anyone know what the latest is on how the Elite Breakfast is served in the TGrill? Do they use the menu, 3 tier or ole style buffet?

Thanks!