Private Beach Cabana in Labadee

Doc2725

Hi All,

Heading out on the Independence in a few weeks, are we are interested in getting a private cabana as one of the beaches. Specifically, we'd like one that is all inclusive, aka booze, drinks, and food if possible.

Can anyone provide good recommendations for this, and how much they cost? I see the one on the RCI website is $175 a person, and allows you to use your beverage packs and includes food. Any others? Thank you!

Hi All,

Heading out on the Independence in a few weeks, are we are interested in getting a private cabana as one of the beaches. Specifically, we'd like one that is all inclusive, aka booze, drinks, and food if possible.

Can anyone provide good recommendations for this, and how much they cost? I see the one on the RCI website is $175 a person, and allows you to use your beverage packs and includes food. Any others? Thank you!

Cabanas at Labadee do not include any drinks, other than some water bottles. If you have a beverage package, it can be used on Labadee, but the cabanas themselves do not convey any beverage package.

With regard to food, if you are in a Grand Suite or better, you have access to the upgraded buffet at Barefoot Beach. However the cabanas at Nellie's Beach do not include the upgraded buffet and you would be using the normal BBQ area that all guests can use.

Edited by clarea

Hi All,

The Cabanas on Labadee are not priced per person. The price is for the rental for the day for up to 6 people. When you make the reservation, you put it under one person's name and, upon arrival, up to 6 people can occupy the cabana. What ever you get free aboard the ship, you get free while on Labadee. The Drink package will be honored on the island. Food is free. With the Cabana, you get a couple of bottles of water in an ice chest, floaty mats for the water, and towels. A Cabana Boy will be available all day long to get your drinks if you ask him. He needs to be tipped at the end of the day.

From what has been posted on this website lately, you can not reserve these Cabanas until you board the ship. At that point, you go directly to Guest Service area or the Excursion area and put your name on the list. If they are all gone already, you can be put on a waiting list. They use to let you reserve them ahead of time with your reservation, but that has changed as far as what has been reported on the website.

Awesome, thank you! We are staying in a Junior Suite. We have the option to book online through the cruise portal, so maybe they recently changed something?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing/repetitive, but would we be able to get a Barefoot Beach cabana?

Awesome, thank you! We are staying in a Junior Suite. We have the option to book online through the cruise portal, so maybe they recently changed something?

Sorry if this is a bit confusing/repetitive, but would we be able to get a Barefoot Beach cabana?

Probably not. You would normally need a Grand Suite or better for a Barefoot Beach cabana. However, once you get onboard, speak to the concierge and if they have any cabanas available, you may be able to get one.

The cabanas at Nellies beach can be purchased using Cruise Planner.

You select one passenger to reserve cabana. Price is per cabana not per person. (Up to six guests. Prices have sky rocketed or cabana rentals starting in 2016. Over the water $495, regular cabana around 300 (don't remember if someone can add the price for standard cabana.

Barefoot beach cabanas are for suite guests.

Edited by cincicruisers

The cabanas at Nellies beach can be purchased using Cruise Planner.

You select one passenger to reserve cabana. Price is per cabana not per person. (Up to six guests. Prices have sky rocketed or cabana rentals starting in 2016. Over the water $495, regular cabana around 300 (don't remember if someone can add the price for standard cabana.

Barefoot beach cabanas are for suite guests.

TYPO

You CAN book cabanas from cruise planner.

Edited by cincicruisers

I see the cabana's on Nellie's for $225 and $250 available on cruise planner. I also see something called a "beach bed" for $175. That must be new as I don't recall seeing them prior. I don't even see the cabana's on Barefoot listed on the www site. As stated, cost is for 6-7 depending on who you ask. We had seven on Barefoot, but one was only three. Food is free, but unless you have a drink package drinks are same as on the ship.

We have had BB cabana's twice in the past and love them. I sure hope they don't go to those prices quoted above as that might just be outside my price range. I guess it's all about supply and demand.

I see the cabana's on Nellie's for $225 and $250 available on cruise planner. I also see something called a "beach bed" for $175. That must be new as I don't recall seeing them prior. I don't even see the cabana's on Barefoot listed on the www site. As stated, cost is for 6-7 depending on who you ask. We had seven on Barefoot, but one was only three. Food is free, but unless you have a drink package drinks are same as on the ship.

We have had BB cabana's twice in the past and love them. I sure hope they don't go to those prices quoted above as that might just be outside my price range. I guess it's all about supply and demand.

Barefoot cabanas are not listed on the website. They are reserved through the Concierge.

Barefoot Beach standard cabanas are/were $175

When I pulled up the cruise planner for our June 2016 cruise it has Over The Water Cabanas priced at $495 (onboard only).

$495? That's double what we paid this past summer!

Just for giggles I went through the Online ordering process (we are not Grand Suite or above) and got as far as final checkout before I cancelled the order.

We booked one on the cruise planner for our Quantum Cruise last Feb. Now I know things have changed, but we got an "over water" for $250. As everyone said, only one person books it then you give the names to the person you pick up the assignment from on Labadee. You can ask at Shore Excursions for directions. Your name is on a list and they assign you a cabana. You can have up to 6 people. Our Cabana Boy brought fruit plates, any drinks we ordered (we paid for drinks), and got us extra mats, etc. Be sure to tip him at the end of the day. It's a very nice way to spend a day.

My advice, if you can get one on the cruise planner, do it. You can always cancel if you change your mind, but they're very VERY hard to come by.

bzv143, may I ask when you booked your cabana, and the date of your upcoming cruise? Are you in a suite? It appears the suite guests on Barefoot Beach are paying less for a cabana than non-suite guests on Nellies Beach.

Edited by Wildcatfish

bzv143, may I ask when you booked your cabana, and the date of your upcoming cruise? Are you in a suite? It appears the suite guests on Barefoot Beach are paying less for a cabana than non-suite guests on Nellies Beach.

Celebrity Cruise Planner Website, last night. We will be in Labadee on December 20. :)

Noticed last week that there was no link to book, and then when I checked last night--voila, a link for $255 for the Over the Water, and $225 for the regular cabana. I hopped on it!

Celebrity Cruise Planner Website, last night. We will be in Labadee on December 20. :)

Noticed last week that there was no link to book, and then when I checked last night--voila, a link for $255 for the Over the Water, and $225 for the regular cabana. I hopped on it!

Great, but isn't this a RCL thread? $500 for a cabana is cheap compared to Disney's $1000 cabanas

Everyone has their personal favorite things to do and their comfort zone.

Having been to Labadee and Barefoot beach 6 times and only once when barefoot beach was a open beach before cabanas......times and prices have changed.

We are still "thrill seekers" on vacation.

We have always stayed in some type of a suite.

We arrive at Barefoot beach as soon as possible, stake our claim the 3 lounge chairs under the trees..... do an excursion or two, eat, shop walk around.

So for the 7ish hours we are their we would not get our moneys worth out of the cabana life.

However, those that have enjoyed the cabana life, live for it.

We were invited to spend some time on one of the over the water cabanas two cruises ago, and yes it was relaxing......our travel companions just wanted a quiet beach day and this was perfect for them.

We on the other hand keep busy.

I guess if you are going to make the day of it, by all means book the cabana, enjoy. 6 people sharing the cost still makes it much less than what I am paying for 4 people doing a double excursion, 4 jet skis, and 4 zip liners, next August:eek:

Sea Ya

Lioness, we are paying more than $600 for 6 ppl to do the dolphin push in Cozumel.

I agree that the $350 we paid for the 6 of us in an OTW cabana at Labadee doesn't seem so bad when you think of it that way.

Yup were looking at guestimate of $750 drop on excursions here:eek:.

Yup its a lot, but this could possibly be the last time we are travellng with the DD and boyfriend.

She will be soon to fly into her own life and every vacation she travels with us is a bonus.

Sea Ya