Do people actually pay full price for suites?

I just went to allure and oasis of the seas for next summer and did a booking for royal loft suite 34,000 about for 2 people for 7 days? lmao I think If I had that kind of money for a 7 day cruise I would br spending it elsewhere...or maybe thats just me?

I often wonder this myself. I would never pay that or anywhere even close to that but everyone has something they spend $ on that others wouldn't.

Yeah, I guess I just think its crazy you can buy a car for the price of one stateroom for the week lol

I just went to allure and oasis of the seas for next summer and did a booking for royal loft suite 34,000 about for 2 people for 7 days? lmao I think If I had that kind of money for a 7 day cruise I would br spending it elsewhere...or maybe thats just me?

I can't see paying that kind of money on a garden variety Caribbean cruise with 6000 other people on board. I'd rather be on one of the luxury lines if I had that kind of money to spend..

One of my regular customers makes about $40,000 an hour income running his medium sized local business. Whenever he spends 6 minutes arguing with me over a measly $200 overcharge I remind him that he spent $4000 of his time arguing over $200 of my time.

While that sounds like insane income, he's barely in the top 10% incomes of his neighbors.

And all of them go on cruises.

Yeah, cruising is the best way to vacation in my eyes but I am fine in a balcony or oceanview! lol

I can't see paying that kind of money on a garden variety Caribbean cruise with 6000 other people on board. I'd rather be on one of the luxury lines if I had that kind of money to spend..

Yes, Or maybe just a junior suite or balcony lol I will try the luxury lines one day...just too early for me to do that now. lol

One of my regular customers makes about $40,000 an hour income running his medium sized local business. Whenever he spends 6 minutes arguing with me over a measly $200 overcharge I remind him that he spent $4000 of his time arguing over $200 of my time.

While that sounds like insane income, he's barely in the top 10% incomes of his neighbors.

And all of them go on cruises.

I'm guessing they would actually be cruising on a private yacht if they are making that kind of moola!

Hats off to those who can/want to do it. That translates into several cruises for us including our balcony. I'd rather cruise more frequently than have one for that amount of money.

I'm guessing they would actually be cruising on a private yacht if they are making that kind of moola!

A few years ago we met a couple in the Concierge Lounge who lived on a yacht in South America. They cruised RCI regularly as well.

If suite guests were not paying the fares they do the others would be paying much more per person ;)

It is all relative! For some people $50 is a lot of money...for others $500 is a lot of money...and it goes on from there!

We are just happy to be able to cruise...the only time we have been in a suite was right after 9/11 when you could get pier upgrades for little additional cost. Those days are long gone!

Seems like we are either Inside or JS cruisers. We are doing an RS for 10 days on Serenade as our retirement cruise. That one is just under 9 Grand, but we spent close to that on a 12 day GS in the Med 5 years ago for 25th Anniversary

That's crazy!

I've dreamed of sailing in an Aqua Theater Suite one day. Every time I price it I just can't do it. We could afford the price being asked on our Harmony sailing, but I honestly don't see the value for us. We don't even care about having a balcony on a regular cruise, but the Aqua Theater suite does have it's unique appeal. We like Promenade & Oceanview rooms better. Plus we like to save money so we can vacation frequently!

Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean they are willing to pay for it. So I, too, wonder who in the world is buying up those heavy price tag rooms!

That's crazy!

I've dreamed of sailing in an Aqua Theater Suite one day. Every time I price it I just can't do it. We could afford the price being asked on our Harmony sailing, but I honestly don't see the value for us. We don't even care about having a balcony on a regular cruise, but the Aqua Theater suite does have it's unique appeal. We like Promenade & Oceanview rooms better. Plus we like to save money so we can vacation frequently!

Just because someone can afford something doesn't mean they are willing to pay for it. So I, too, wonder who in the world is buying up those heavy price tag rooms!

I booked the ATS shortly after Harmony bookings opened up. I compared the same time frame, same itinerary between Oasis, Allure and one other ship, I don't remember which one.

I don't know if it was due to her being a new ship or the bookings just opened up or a combo of both or what. But Harmony was anywhere from 2k to 4k less than Oasis and Allure. That is how and why I could book it!!

I looked at the 4 bd suite on Harmony and the Lofts / multi room suites on Oasis/Allure, those prices are NUTS! I could get 4 GSs and buy a drink packages and then some and still be less than some of those prices... I don't get it!

If I won the lottery, I'd do a suite for that money.....ONLY if they let us bring the two pugs along and they were allowed a spot at our table!

Hi *waves* I'm a pug mum too :) I just know he would love cruising!

$9000 for an RS seems like a bargain to me. $900/night only? I've stayed at hotels in Nassau that were 50% more than that. With no food or entertainment included!

Is that a typical price for an RS? I can see myself going suite style in the future if the girlfriend comes with. She only gets 4 weeks vacation a year so it may be worth at least a JS.

Definitely a good price in my book. We have a JS the week before and it is almost 6 grand for 11 nights.