Diamond Lounge Stories

kandj05

oh. joy. we are on her 6 December. in a suite. won't be diamond in our own right yet

Your December cruise should be fine. The repositioning is a nine day which is attractive to many cruisers plus a lot of Texans flew out to ride it back to Galveston. We Texans have to help the Captain find the way.

Edited by Don Pedro

that's my point.. many of us in suites DO NOT have any vouchers at all so our ONLY option is the lounge which is overcrowded with people who DO have the vouchers and can get their drinks elsewhere.

You're right and I get that (Post 140). Now that the vouchers are out maybe it's time to turn the remainder of the concierge lounges into suite lounges. We book mostly suites now but aren't really CL fans. With vouchers, we tend to find the best bartender on the ship and tip well.

Your December cruise should be fine. The repositioning is a nine day which is attractive to many cruisers plus a lot of Texans flew out to ride it back to Galveston. We Texans have to help the Captain find the way.

I am told Galveston does get foggy....

OK ... This is supposed to be about diamond lounge stories ... I've read through 8 pages and I think I've got the best story ... and it doesn't involve food, concierge, drinks, sneaking in non-diamond cruisers, or seat-savers.

We were on the Grandeur out of Baltimore doing a 10-day pre-Christmas. The ship was decorated for Christmas, but the Diamond Lounge? ... not so much. There were a group of B2B cruisers who had been on the previous cruise and when they got to Baltimore for turnaround day, they headed out to Wal-Mart and loaded up on Christmas decorations. Later that day and into the next morning , they were stringing lights around the posts, along the top of the wall and hanging decorations. They even included a small Christmas tree, for which one of the ladies had brought a bunch of hand-made ornaments. Maintenance even procured a step ladder so the guys could effectively tackle the task. Very festive for our cruise. It was pretty cool.

OK ... This is supposed to be about diamond lounge stories ... I've read through 8 pages and I think I've got the best story ... and it doesn't involve food, concierge, drinks, sneaking in non-diamond cruisers, or seat-savers.

We were on the Grandeur out of Baltimore doing a 10-day pre-Christmas. The ship was decorated for Christmas, but the Diamond Lounge? ... not so much. There were a group of B2B cruisers who had been on the previous cruise and when they got to Baltimore for turnaround day, they headed out to Wal-Mart and loaded up on Christmas decorations. Later that day and into the next morning , they were stringing lights around the posts, along the top of the wall and hanging decorations. They even included a small Christmas tree, for which one of the ladies had brought a bunch of hand-made ornaments. Maintenance even procured a step ladder so the guys could effectively tackle the task. Very festive for our cruise. It was pretty cool.

I love this! It would have been fun to be apart of it. Thanks for sharing it.

Had my first cruise as a D 3 weeks ago in Voyager.

I'm going on Voyager in January and it'll be my first time in the DL. Can you please tell me if the DL has an outdoor area and is there a good range of drinks offered?

TIA,

Dee

I'm going on Voyager in January and it'll be my first time in the DL. Can you please tell me if the DL has an outdoor area and is there a good range of drinks offered?

TIA,

Dee

Yes, it has an outdoor area, and has great panoramic views.. Voyager is one of the ships where the DL is in a better location than the CL.

Yes, it has an outdoor area, and has great panoramic views.. Voyager is one of the ships where the DL is in a better location than the CL.

Voyager

Adventure

Mariner

Explorer

Navigator

Freedom

Independence

Liberty

However Liberty is getting a new suite lounge on 14 to replace the CL