HAL's new partnerships, upgrades, branding initiative

InTheWASide

What an embarrassment :eek: A totally inept presentation with amateurish presenters.

I am sitting here thinking "How in the world did we ever enjoy ourselves so much on all our previous cruises without even knowing the mating habits of the puffer fish???"

I work for a global Fortune 100 company. Trust me we spend months preparing for such a public presentation. Rehearsals, focus groups, murder boards you name it. This was an embarrassment.

Dennis

I hear you. It clearly was not up to this standard.

Given the international scope of its clientele, it's unfortunate that they chose to use the American spelling of Savour! :)

Given the terrible IT experience with HAL over the years, I shudder to think how effective the two new tools will be. It will also be interesting to see how they measure up to existing internet tools.

Excuse me for a second while I put on my flame resistant clothing........OK....ready. :) Getting past the generally poor presentation I'll have to say the content, the what they're going to do, doesn't exactly get me excited. I'm sitting here with kind of a "that's it?" kind of feeling after the announcements. For example, I have to say the new entertainment venues sound interesting but then I'm left thinking HAL already doesn't do a great job with entertainment so how are they going to improve that across the fleet.

Edited by Randyk47

Excuse me for a second while I put on my flame resistant clothing........OK....ready. :) Getting past the generally poor presentation I'll have to say the content, the what they're going to do, doesn't exactly get me excited. I'm sitting here with kind of a "that's it?" kind of feelingafter the announcements. For example, I have to say the new entertainment venues sound interesting but then I'm left thinking HAL already doesn't do a great job with entertainment so how are they going to improve that across the fleet.

I doubt that there's anyone here who is going to flame you after watching that presentation! :rolleyes:

I work for a global Fortune 100 company. Trust me we spend months preparing for such a public presentation. Rehearsals, focus groups, murder boards you name it. This was an embarrassment.

Dennis

Maybe Orlando and those putting this presentation together (or someone at HAL) should read this thread. :rolleyes:

What an embarrassment :eek: A totally inept presentation with amateurish presenters.

I am sitting here thinking "How in the world did we ever enjoy ourselves so much on all our previous cruises without even knowing the mating habits of the puffer fish???"

LOL😄

Ya how do they do it?

Denise:)

2) the dining room is going back to the way it use to be set. A full service of dinnerware. Last cruise half the time we had to ask for silverware. And bring back the server and his assistant. Also last time after waiting for twenty minutes or so for the tables to be cleared we just finally got up and left. no desert, no coffee. The other night the matre'd came and helped to clear tables. A couple of other nights we had problems but not as bad.

Cunard lurker here enjoying reading this thread; with 15 ships this board always has something interesting. My question is this: Do HAL servers NOT have an assistant?

Look at my signature. Do you see any Cunard listed there??

And no on our last cruise our server did NOT have an assistant. It also would have been nice is we got things like Salad forks or spoons to stir our coffee or ice tea with. Up until this last cruise I really don't remember needing to ask for these things.

After several nights of this (And if you read my post it stated that the Matre'd actually came over to help clear the tables) We told the Matre'd that we wanted to be put in another section. With a waiter and an assistant waiter!

Core clientele has been aging out for decade after decade as they get older so do their kids and their kids and their kids. There is always a new crop of those who are older, have time and have money to spend for travel/cruising. When one group 'ages out', a new group comes forward.

Not always. Ask General Motors about that.

ok - an amateurish presentation and how appropriate was the slide malfunction BUT

- love the BBC Earth partnership

- a bit irritated he only mentioned suite updates - aren't the majority of cabins of the ships NOT suites. Is he beginning to turn this into a Cunard-like line with class systems??

- yeah, Adagio-like entertainment with tuned strings and better musicians as have had very mediocre ones lately....

Excuse me for a second while I put on my flame resistant clothing........OK....ready. :) Getting past the generally poor presentation I'll have to say the content, the what they're going to do, doesn't exactly get me excited. I'm sitting here with kind of a "that's it?" kind of feeling after the announcements. For example, I have to say the new entertainment venues sound interesting but then I'm left thinking HAL already doesn't do a great job with entertainment so how are they going to improve that across the fleet.

(bold is mine) Anyone remember Peggy Lee's "Is That All There Is?"

Three new partnerships for people who want to know what currency is used in Alaska...
Final question posed was was does this do to the existing enrichment program . Orlando responded using the word enhance 8 or more times to say nothing .

ok - an amateurish presentation and how appropriate was the slide malfunction BUT

- love the BBC Earth partnership

- a bit irritated he only mentioned suite updates - aren't the majority of cabins of the ships NOT suites. Is he beginning to turn this into a Cunard-like line with class systems??

- yeah, Adagio-like entertainment with tuned strings and better musicians as have had very mediocre ones lately....

I'm not sure how much of the BBC Earth partnership is videos and how much is live speakers. I had to laugh when Orlando was asked if this was going to replace the Enrlichment program, and he said it would enhance the enrichement program. HUH? Granted, I've only done 7 or 10-day cruises, but except for the park ranger in Alaska, I haven't seen any guest lecturers onboard.

They are losing way too much to people booking their own guides/tours.

I can't even say what I think of the 'new and improved' wreck of what they did to the Logo. What is that all about?

It wasn't broken and didn't need fixing IMO

Your opinion does not represent everyone. I think it's a great update

There is always a silver lining. Remember all the speculation about what might be in store for us HAL loyalists?? Losing whole sections of the globe from their itineraries? Overly aggressive concentration on modifications to 'broaden the demographic'? While this was not worth watching again at least it was not a step backward.

This coming from a baby boomer with all his 20-30 something kids on a HAL cruise right now.

Dennis

Well, for long-time HAL cruisers, it isn't bad. They don't appear to be doing away with anything, except probably my beloved Neptunes, but BB King came in and the Neptunes went out.

A lot of tech stuff I won't use because I do my own planning. But it doesn't diminish my cruise that it's there. I just hope all these algorithms work properly. Anyone remember the "what kind of cruiser am I" thing people were playing with a few weeks ago? A lot of us felt that the cruiser profile we were given didn't match us.

What does the Billboard partnership provide?

I doubt that there's anyone here who is going to flame you after watching that presentation! :rolleyes:

It just struck me that in the Army we used to call some command presentations or briefings "dog and pony" shows. I remember we had a huge gathering of 600 college and university presidents and had invited another agency head to present at the gathering. The presentation went pretty much like the HAL one we just saw and at the end of it my general looked at me across the room and mouthed "What the h***?!?!" Once we actually got together I faced the general and said "Sir, looks like he left the pony at home." :eek :eek: Luckily he laughed. :o

I especially liked how they introduced the new logo and tag line, but at the end of the live stream, they froze the screen on the old logo and tag line.

and left the old logo on the podium... they could have pulled it off the podium to reveal the new one for the remainder