Current Concierges continued discussion

Independence Diamond Club - Jacque goes on Vacation Saturday 3/12. Back April 28th (Will return to ID Diamond club). Her replacement is a new concierge from another ship???

And yes, Sunil will be going to Genie school and not returning to ID as a concierge..

Can a Genie tab be added to the spreadsheet so those being reassigned as Genies can be separated out of the Concierge tabs?

thanks for the info on Jacque.

We will be adding something, probably a tab, for Genies.

I hope he makes a better Concierge than a LA.

He would not give me my crystal block last month.

He said it's the cruise after I earned it. WRONG!

Oh no, Sergey is a concierge now? We met him on the Legend of the Seas last spring as a Loyal Ambassador. It was his first assignment as an Ambassador. Although he presents a professional attitude, lets just say that he had alot to learn about Royal's procedures.

We were due a block on our sailing, but never thought to ask Sergey about it. On our following cruise, we were told that we should have received one.

We ended up calling Crown & Anchor, and they sent us a block in the mail.

Oh no, Sergey is a concierge now? We met him on the Legend of the Seas last spring as a Loyal Ambassador. It was his first assignment as an Ambassador. Although he presents a professional attitude, lets just say that he had alot to learn about Royal's procedures.

We were due a block on our sailing, but never thought to ask Sergey about it. On our following cruise, we were told that we should have received one.

We ended up calling Crown & Anchor, and they sent us a block in the mail.

We met Sergey on the Legend last year also - and you're right about him having a lot to learn (a lot). Please tell me he is not the new Concierge on the Radiance. We were so disenchanted on our last Radiance cruises with Willy that we went to the Diamond Lounge with the wonderful Katya and now she's gone to Genie School. Thankfully we have JD back on the Explorer:)

As far as the blocks go, you reminded me that we should have got another one on our last Radiance cruises but what is with Top Cruisers getting a bottle of cheap Champagne - where are my crystal breast implants:eek:

Cheers

Di

Edited by Dizziedi

We met Sergey on the Legend last year also - and you're right about him having a lot to learn (a lot). Please tell me he is not the new Concierge on the Radiance. We were so disenchanted on our last Radiance cruises with Willy that we went to the Diamond Lounge with the wonderful Katya and now she's gone to Genie School. Thankfully we have JD back on the Explorer:)

As far as the blocks go, you reminded me that we should have got another one on our last Radiance cruises but what is with Top Cruisers getting a bottle of cheap Champagne - where are my crystal breast implants:eek:

Cheers

Di

According to the Concierge Google doc, if Willie is on vacation, then Mahmoud will be Concierge (Radiance).

According to the Concierge Google doc, if Willie is on vacation, then Mahmoud will be Concierge (Radiance).

I posted earlier in this thread that Willie was training Dudley Jean to take over from him for this cruise which started on 12 March. Sergey is the Diamond Concierge.

I posted earlier in this thread that Willie was training Dudley Jean to take over from him for this cruise which started on 12 March. Sergey is the Diamond Concierge.

Thanks, I was going by the Google Doc. I guess it needs updating. :rolleyes:

Edited by travelgoddess1

Just saw this on social media From Israel Sanchez:

I decided to take a new challenge with this new and exiting position with Royal Caribbean, launching this program onboard the newest ship Ovation of the Seas, starting in Europe, Asia then Australia. I feel privileged to work with Reyno Varkevisser and some other super stars.

http://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/royalsuiteclass/

It just seems to me that the turnover rate among concierges is extremely high with many moving to different positions. One of our favorites moved to cruise sales for example. I'm beginning to think that we, in general, tend to think of the concierges more highly than Royal does. They are certainly not senior officers. On our last cruise, we saw our concierge working at the purser's desk while not serving as concierge. In essence, they are simply part of the Guest Relations staff.

I'm heading out on the Independence at the end of the month. I almost can't keep up with these changes.

Can someone update me. As a D+, are we or are we NOT permitted in the concierge lounge or is this one of the ships I've been demoted to use only the Diamond lounge. If I can use the Concierge lounge, who is the current concierge there. I did just read that there will be a new concierge in the Diamond lounge.

I'm heading out on the Independence at the end of the month. I almost can't keep up with these changes.

Can someone update me. As a D+, are we or are we NOT permitted in the concierge lounge or is this one of the ships I've been demoted to use only the Diamond lounge. If I can use the Concierge lounge, who is the current concierge there. I did just read that there will be a new concierge in the Diamond lounge.

If they still have it as a concierge lounge and not a suites lounge, generally yes. If it is called a suites lounge, generally no (except on Liberty, and that is due to change soon as the lounges are clearly labeled.

Not a biggie to me, just drinks and I can get them at a bar.

On Indy, a D+ level guest can still use either the Concierge or Diamond lounge.

If they still have it as a concierge lounge and not a suites lounge, generally yes. If it is called a suites lounge, generally no (except on Liberty, and that is due to change soon as the lounges are clearly labeled.

Not a biggie to me, just drinks and I can get them at a bar.

I like how you think

Please keep checking the Google Doc on Current Concierges -- we are updating as we get information from posters etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=0