Multiple Summit Charters/Redeployments in early 2017

cruzeluver

If you are in the US, I believe you can transfer your booking to any booking that is similar, and then spend time looking for something and transfer to that. We call it a "holding" cruise.

I'm surprised at Celebrity's dealing with this.

Beth

unfortunately, we will loose the $100 booking credit we receive if we do the holding cruise. and for now, there is nothing similar to what many of us lost. we can't just wait til the 2018 schedule is released since we have to decide by the 18th.

I can understand being upset if it's 6 months out. But, these in discussion are a year and two or three months away. Frankly, I think it's generous that they're even offering $100 in this situation. No one has been able to book airfare so it's not like there are any nonrefundable costs yet. I'd be thankful that you know so far in advance that you have time to consider other options. Will it really take more than 10 days to determine what's available in the same timeframe?

yes, this cruise is a long way off. BUT, many of us jumped on these very specialized itineraries MONTHS ago. i have had it booked for over 8 months. others on my sailing have had it booked for 11 months. i paid $100 more for my cabin than they did by just by waiting 3 months. in the past 8 months i watched this and other cruises raise by hundreds of dollars. so, this little game that X played has cost me a lot of money. i can't book another cruise for this time period for anywhere close to the price i paid. i would love to just delay my cruise by a year to see what they offer that is similar or equivalent in 2018, but they are forcing us to make this decision in just 8 days, weeks before they announce the next year's plans.

$85 more than you would get on Princess. Its such a long time away you have plenty time to source some alternative plans.

I don't think you realize that these (Jan. 21, 10 days and Jan. 31, 11days) were unique itineraries offered only on those two dates. No other line offers the same thing. So replacing is impossible. We all will have to settle, whatever our choice turns out to be.

We opted for the Equinox cruises that have similar dates, but the itineraries are very different. Furthermore, we are not excited about going back and forth to Florida.

I don't think you realize that these (Jan. 21' date=' 10 days and Jan. 31, 11days) were unique itineraries offered only on those two dates. No other line offers the same thing. So replacing is impossible. We all will have to settle, whatever our choice turns out to be.

We opted for the Equinox cruises that have similar dates, but the itineraries are very different. Furthermore, we are not excited about going back and forth to Florida.[/quote']

so, you are doing the b2b on equinox? so, 8 days at sea instead of like 2? (i know we only had 1 day at sea on the 21st, i'm not sure how many the 31st had.) i hope you have lots of obc to spend on all those sea days ;)

We ended up cancelling and booking Adventure on royal. We have a week on land planned in Puerto Rico so not really an option to go out of Florida. We are also very limited with the time of the year we can go.

So, that's the way it goes sometimes. I loved our b2b on Summit in 2014, but it isn't meant to be this time.

so, you are doing the b2b on equinox? so, 8 days at sea instead of like 2? (i know we only had 1 day at sea on the 21st, i'm not sure how many the 31st had.) i hope you have lots of obc to spend on all those sea days ;)

Thanks for the encouragement!!

It doesn't compare favourably, but I figured we would go for it. We have done the 14 day Eclipse a couple of times already. Someone from one of our roll calls suggested HAL. I checked it out and found the price much higher.

As for the sea days, I guess we will catch up on our reading!

I'm sorry for everyone who has had cruises cancelled particularly those who were celebrating special occasions onboard, you cant be 50 again or have that anniversary another time :(

I think Celebrity have handled this very poorly, it would have taken nothing for everyone on the cruise to have been emailed, either directly or through a TA, people shouldn't have to find out themselves and have to ring up. Offering $100 obc for another cruise with only 10 days to book is bad also. They should be offering a much longer timescale than that.

Sadly as we all know Celebrity is very poor with its landside operations. One day they will come a cropper with the way they behave :(

I'm sorry for everyone who has had cruises cancelled particularly those who were celebrating special occasions onboard, you cant be 50 again or have that anniversary another time :(

I think Celebrity have handled this very poorly, it would have taken nothing for everyone on the cruise to have been emailed, either directly or through a TA, people shouldn't have to find out themselves and have to ring up. Offering $100 obc for another cruise with only 10 days to book is bad also. They should be offering a much longer timescale than that.

Sadly as we all know Celebrity is very poor with its landside operations. One day they will come a cropper with the way they behave :(

11 night Jan 31st 2017 Summit.

Anniversary trip going on our exact anniversary, that was nice for a change.

$100 to spend in only 10 days??? What were they thinking!

When onboard a Celebrity Cruise, cost them money & time. Use all services even if you don't need it, screw em!

CaptDave

11 night Jan 31st 2017 Summit.

Anniversary trip going on our exact anniversary, that was nice for a change.

$100 to spend in only 10 days??? What were they thinking!

When onboard a Celebrity Cruise, cost them money & time. Use all services even if you don't need it, screw em!

CaptDave

That's terrible I' sorry for your disappointment and hope you can find something elsewhere :)

We were on the 2/11/17 Summit cruise - picked because of the itinerary. Unfortunately, nothing comes close to that itinerary.

However, I did send an alternative Celebrity cruise that I'd take if I kept my pricing and perks. I just get confirmation from my TA that we are booked on Reflection's 2/11/17 sailing. We keep our S1 Sky Suite, same price (it's running about ~$450pp higher on their website), kept our 123 Perks and they gave us a $200 OBC for the "inconvenience of having to move cruises". So, with the $300 OBC from the 123 program and the $250 OBC we got for booking it on Serenade of the Seas last February, we will now have $750 total.

Not overjoyed with the itinerary, but for now, we will keep it. We have time to change our minds, but have, at least secured our price/perks.

I mentioned to my TA about the Equinox info that is in this thread -- she asked Celebrity and they said that there are a number of "like" sailings for which people can keep their price/perks, so I'd push a little harder if you are told differently. Though the 11/20 date was confirmed as the timelimit.

Mike

Celebrity just advised us that they are bumping us off our Feb 2017 cruise in favour of a group.

All they are offering is the same pricing on either Silhouette or Reflections and a measly $100 OBC.

They have further advised that if we don't give them a decision by the 18 th we will lose our deposit.

This was booked in conjunction with another cruise on AOS so we are hanging out there. Further we want to cruise out of San Juan.

We booked early for a reason ...to get the best deal and now at this late date there is nothing available at a comparable price.

Any line I have been on has treated their passengers who have to cancel with a fair deal.

This is really no deal.

Edited by Emdee

Our Summit Cruise for Feb 2017 was to replace a Pacific Coastal cruise that got canceled (re-positioned) for 2016.

We recieved $100 OBC for having the previous cruise canceled. If we re-book this cruise will they add another $100 OBC on top of that?

We may re-book to get the added OBC and to hold our booking # untill the new schedules come out and then move the booking to another itinerary that suits us better.

They are only giving us until Nov. 20th to re-book, it may take that long to get hold of someone with the wait times I've experience trying to call them up.

Thanks for the encouragement!!

It doesn't compare favourably' date=' but I figured we would go for it. We have done the 14 day Eclipse a couple of times already. Someone from one of our roll calls suggested HAL. I checked it out and found the price much higher.

As for the sea days, I guess we will catch up on our reading![/quote']

we are considering the 30th. and we actually kind of enjoyed the sea days the one 10 day we took. it is just so different than what we had in mind. i think the southern part actually sounds interesting (3 new countries for us). and, if you booked anything like we did, you do have the obc to spend on days at sea. we are actually at a loss as to what to do with all of what we have.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that's just great !:rolleyes: We had been planning our yearly mega-family cruise on the Jan. 21 2017 Summit, mainly because of the great new itinerary with an overnight in Barbados. Why is it that it seems all the fantastic overnights have been chartered out ??:mad: Looking into Royal Caribbean now. Celebrity, you disappoint me.

We are going to end up cancelling Summit I am sure. Our week is the one that is now chartered for the 5 night swinger cruise. We cannot cruise after the end of March. So, since we really want to go out of San Juan, we will just go back to Royal. With my balcony discount, it is quite a bit cheaper, but we will now have to buy the alcohol package.

It is what it is, we all want to cruise the southern route. We will have fun no matter what. I am just glad it all happened before I had air and everything else booked.

Are all the charters swingers cruises or various groups? Alot of dates got wiped out.

Various groups and cruise lengths. Swingers - clothing optional - jazz music.

I gave up on royal and celebrity and went with NCL. Nothing special itinerary but inexpensive when compared. I will be searching for a cruise for 2017 that's gets me where I want to go.

I'm not a fan of the mega ships but it cuts down on the charters. Generally speaking it seems that Celebrity has smaller ships in their fleet than most. The M class ships are the perfect size for charters which is probably why these groups book Celebrity. I think repositioning a ship for such groups is a bit drastic.

Well that's just great !:rolleyes: We had been planning our yearly mega-family cruise on the Jan. 21 2017 Summit, mainly because of the great new itinerary with an overnight in Barbados. Why is it that it seems all the fantastic overnights have been chartered out ??:mad: Looking into Royal Caribbean now. Celebrity, you disappoint me.

Talk about these cruises being cancelled began months ago when someone on the boards stumbled across the jazz cruise website. Celebrity officially acknowledged the changes about a month ago when we were informed along with everyone else that our January 31st 11 nighter was cancelled. C'est la vie.

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I have checked everywhere I can think of (jazz cruises, "lifestyle cruises", etc.) and I can't find anything that says the Summit February 18, 2017 cruise out of Fort Lauderdale is chartered. I finally called Celebrity (which we all know is such a definitive source of info...) and they don't think that this particular sailing is chartered, either.

There is much confusion here. Roll call is pretty empty and conflict on charter status there, too.

My question: anybody know if this cruise is chartered? If not, does anyone know a place I can check?

TIA,

Everyone affected has my sympathy!! This is my worst nightmare - being a teacher, I'm limited on the times I can travel, so when I book something I pretty much can only cruise in that timeframe and would be heartbroken to find out that my ship got chartered - especially if it's a known popular time for people to vacation (such as Presidents' Week since many NorthEast schools have that week off).

That said, since Reflection is being offered as an alternative, should I feel somewhat secure that it will NOT be chartered out from under me? It seems like they would want to avoid chartering ships and itineraries that were offered to those already displaced by charters... Though clearly logic doesn't apply in the case of charters.

• 1 month later...