Just booked Nellie's Over Water Cabana for Jan. cruise on line

batt01

I know there has been quite a bit of discussion about how/when/where to book Labadee Cabanas. (I have scoured most of the threads here and on the Private Island threads.)

FYI - I just booked Nellie's Over Water Cabana for our January 2016 cruise on Freedom. Yes, it was $495. It is now listed as "purchased" and shows up on my cruise calendar.

At first, I tried to book the Nellies Beach Cabana (not over the water) as it is a bit cheaper ($395). I was able to load it in my cart, but then when I went to pay for it it had a big red message saying that it is only available on board.

So, that's when I tried the over water option and it worked. Now I am curious which cabana I will receive. I believe the over the water cabanas are numberes 1-4 and 6-10. Is this correct?

Thanks!

You are the first person I've seen who admitted to paying the $495 price. We paid $350 online for the OTW for our upcoming cruise and many baulked at that. RCI is trying to see what the market will bear right now. I'm really curious to see whether the $495 price ends up being successful for them.

You are the first person I've seen who admitted to paying the $495 price. We paid $350 online for the OTW for our upcoming cruise and many baulked at that. RCI is trying to see what the market will bear right now. I'm really curious to see whether the $495 price ends up being successful for them.

Me too, I was there on Freedom in late April and they all sold out at the $250 or so it was then, and for Nellies that was without pre-sales online.

Yikes, there goes my wish of booking one of those overwater cabanas in Labadee. $495?? I'm pretty thrifty (I almost balked at paying $129 for a cabana in Grand Turk!) so I guess I'll be looking at other options next time we go there. Darn.

I know there has been quite a bit of discussion about how/when/where to book Labadee Cabanas. (I have scoured most of the threads here and on the Private Island threads.)

FYI - I just booked Nellie's Over Water Cabana for our January 2016 cruise on Freedom. Yes, it was $495. It is now listed as "purchased" and shows up on my cruise calendar.

At first, I tried to book the Nellies Beach Cabana (not over the water) as it is a bit cheaper ($395). I was able to load it in my cart, but then when I went to pay for it it had a big red message saying that it is only available on board.

So, that's when I tried the over water option and it worked. Now I am curious which cabana I will receive. I believe the over the water cabanas are numberes 1-4 and 6-10. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Enjoy! After booking our first over the water at Barefoot, we won't do another beach front unless the grand kids are with us.

Booked an OTW cabana for March cruise, paid $320. After chatting with friends we decided to switch to beach cabana to be around more people. Decided to skip it all together when I noticed the beach cabana was more than what I originally paid for the OTW. $395 for some seats in the shade and bad drink service, no thanks.😕

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Enjoy your cabana. Hardly to put a price on happiness. I think they may go higher still

Still waiting to here the prices for Barefoot. Hopefully they'll have mercy on suite passengers. :o

Edited by Big_G

Still waiting to here the prices for Barefoot. Hopefully they'll have mercy on suite passengers. :o

Wishful thinking. The Barefoot cabanas have been the same price as Nellies in the past. Can't imagine they'd be cheaper. Personally I am very disappointed. We loved our cabana. For 4 of us at $250 it was worth every penny. But doubling the price has put it out of reach for me. Not enough hours for to justify that price. But for others... heck, if you are a family or group of 6 it's only $82 per person. Most shore excursions are more than that. So if it's considered a "shore excursion" maybe it isn't so bad. But for 2 people, that's a stiff price tag.

Wishful thinking. The Barefoot cabanas have been the same price as Nellies in the past. Can't imagine they'd be cheaper. Personally I am very disappointed. We loved our cabana. For 4 of us at $250 it was worth every penny. But doubling the price has put it out of reach for me. Not enough hours for to justify that price. But for others... heck, if you are a family or group of 6 it's only $82 per person. Most shore excursions are more than that. So if it's considered a "shore excursion" maybe it isn't so bad. But for 2 people, that's a stiff price tag.

Me thinks you are mistaken. Std Cabana on BB was $175 this past October. This was on Freedom, it was also $175 on Freedom in June and $175 on Oasis in April. Not positive, but I thought OTW, Hilltop and Beach front were all $225. And that included better buffet. I thought they were cheaper than Nellies because suite program subsidies them in a way.

Edited by John&LaLa

Thanks!

We had #2 this past February and loved it. This cabana had its own steps that lead into the water. The only thing that I did not plan for was the amount of rocks by the stairs. Actually its not rocks but cement from when they were building the cabanas. Make sure that you bring water shoes. Cabana #3 #4 both have a ladder that you have to climb.

I have one booked for our upcoming cruise in Feb 2016 and lucked out and only payed 395.00 for the cabana, but we have a total of 6 people in it. But with the new price of 495.00 it will be my last one. Enjoy the day.

Thanks!

I booked one online too about a month or so ago. Over the Water for December 30 at Nellies. Same price as you paid too. Can't wait!

Enjoy! I'll be on the Indy over NYE.

Edited by js

Barefoot cabanas are $250 over the water.

OTW the water for suite passengers on barefoot is $250.00

just booked one through the conceirge

The big price jump wasn't supposed to go into effect on Nellie's until 2016. I wouldn't expect a price change for Barefoot until then.