So, what are the "little things" that people like about Princess

Linerguy

"Is V-8 available on all Princess ships?"

I've only been on the Island (before the latest renovations) and the Ruby, but yes, both ships had it.

I think robes will be provided for every room if you ask. We had them in a minisuite and a balcony room.

RCL : no V-8, just tomato juice. No cranberry juice. Pineapple juice that tasted like that nasty half-grapefruit stuff they used to serve in summer camp, completely metallic as if it had been in the can fifty years.

Juice flavor a and towel animals are not make-or-break, of course, but the OP asked about the little things. It's minutiae like this that adds up and turns into your general feeling about the cruise, I.e., on Princess I feel as if I am somebody special enjoying a unique experience. On RCL I felt like a number, and not a very interesting one at that. YMMV.

Basically, all cruising is great, but Princess works for us.

It won't quote so hopefully I can remember; is v-8 available on all princess ships, love it. Also are robes available to all classes or only suites and elites etc? Available to all. Just ask your cabin steward. And I have to say I love towel animals and will miss them if Princess doesn't do them. Not done on Princess, but you do get a chocolate on your pillow every evening. Just off RCI and we had them every 2 or 3 nights on our 14 night cruise.

Connie

see red above

Edited by caribill

The little passport style booklet which you collect the sticky labels as a reminder off each cruise. As far as I know no other cruise line does this. Makes it easy to look back over the years and check which cruise ...on which ship ...went to where.

Sorry if this is a repeat .. haven't caught up with all the thread yet.

We like the elite mini bar in our cabin, bath tub in mini and the responsiveness of staff for "special" off menu requests in the MDR, buffet and room service.

What are some examples of special room service requests

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

Without a doubt it's the fact they have Self Service Laundries on almost every deck.

When you travel as a family of 4 the washing piles up unbelievably quick. Saves this Mum on hand washing every day. Royal Caribbean really let themselves down in this respect.

MUTS -- I know some hate it, but we just got off the CB last week, and watched several first-run movies we hadn't seen at home. Something about watching a good movie and enjoying the beautiful ocean with a cold beverage -- priceless!

That was my favorite thing about our Princess cruise in January; we saw a movie my husband wanted to see but wasn't my cup of tea (The Fault In Our Stars), and think seeing it on the ship made me enjoy it more than I would have normally.

Sorry to ask' date=' but what is "BVE?"[/quote']

For $39 you can board a ship while it is in port. For that $39 you get

- Onboard first; before Suite/Elite

- Guided tour of the ship (if you want)

- Lunch in MDR with wine included

- Boarding photo

- Can roam the ship for 3 - 4 hours

Any booking you make up to 90 days after your BVE you get the $39 back as a credit.

It's a nice way to see a ship and have lunch. I've done it a few times while dropping family off and doing it again in 2 weeks.

That was my favorite thing about our Princess cruise in January; we saw a movie my husband wanted to see but wasn't my cup of tea (The Fault In Our Stars), and think seeing it on the ship made me enjoy it more than I would have normally.

I agree ! There could be, IMHO, no better way to see Captain Phillips than late at night at sea on MUTS. Very thrilling!

For $39 you can board a ship while it is in port. For that $39 you get

- Onboard first; before Suite/Elite

- Guided tour of the ship (if you want)

- Lunch in MDR with wine included

- Boarding photo

- Can roam the ship for 3 - 4 hours

Any booking you make up to 90 days after your BVE you get the $39 back as a credit.

It's a nice way to see a ship and have lunch. I've done it a few times while dropping family off and doing it again in 2 weeks.

Thanks...some days the brain doesn't click in!

What are some examples of special room service requests

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Forums mobile app

We prefer to do breakfast in our cabin, usually book mini suite... have found if I write scrambled eggs and sauteed mushrooms on the breakfast menu I usually get them, even though not on the standard menu.

I love this thread! I have posted on the other "little things" thread with some of my faves, but here we go:

- cabin ready upon embarkation

- cold towels when getting back on ship after hot Caribbean day

- special attention my DS gets every time we sail from everyone on the crew (he is 6 now, so this might be diminishing soon)

- no promo announcements in cabin (nothing like waking you up in am with some bingo promo)

- confirmation cards for all reservations

- tasteful decor

- variety of entertainment. My DS loves listening to the live bands/singers.

- mini suites. My fav cabins, enough space for 3 of us plus tub.

- staff at kids club.

- anytime dining. For all the whiners out there - just try Carnival/NCL and you'll understand.

- generally relaxed feeling, not go-go-go or drink-drink-drink as other lines.

Cant think of more now... I do have a gripe I posted about before and I dont think it will change anytime soon - IMHO Princess needs more ships on East Coast, not just FL and more variety in Caribbean.

Next for us is first B2B in Feb and we are super excited!

The little passport style booklet which you collect the sticky labels as a reminder off each cruise. As far as I know no other cruise line does this. Makes it easy to look back over the years and check which cruise ...on which ship ...went to where.

Sorry if this is a repeat .. haven't caught up with all the thread yet.

I'm going on the Golden Princess and was wondering if I'll get the little book from them?? And do you get it on the ship

I'm going on the Golden Princess and was wondering if I'll get the little book from them?? And do you get it on the ship

We have had ours quite some years but hope it's something you can still get. Perhaps inquire with the cruise circle host on board.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes .. Just checked on Princess.com .. Quote

Princess Passport

Our special Princess Passports are another Member exclusive, giving you a unique way to record your memories of treasured adventures.

Collectible Destination Stamps

Every time you sail with us, we will give you a stamp depicting the destination you have traveled. The stamps are signed by the Captain and can be displayed in your Princess Passport.

They may just appear in the cabin but if not ask before the end of your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk