New Suite Benefits - Sky Suites get Michael's Club Access

need2bespoiled

Sis has been talking about bringing a glass container to make her tea in... said she doesn't actually need sun to make sun tea but doesn't think plastic will cut it... although I think she'll be experimenting with that... plastic would be a lot safer to transport. It always amazes me how many glasses of iced tea she can down in a meal if it's good tea. I can see her bringing her own pitcher to Luminae. :-)

When on vacation in the Caribbean I've been known to up my alcohol consumption and drink a rum drink most every day, but I don't need to have alcohol with my meals. I don't have an educated wine palate and prefer dessert wines, the sweeter the better, so a glass at MC after early dinner would be about perfect.

Your sister doesn't need to bother with bringing a glass container to brew her tea. Ask the butler for one of the glass carafes that the guests in Aqua class get for their daily teas. Then your sister can brew her own.

Jenna,

Thanks so much for responding!

We had cruise + $300 OBC + unlimited internet, all from Celebrity.

Cruise is now $600 more in price and would just get drink package and gratuities added that we don't already have. As gratuities are $230 it would be $370 for just the drink package, if that math is correct.

We're both fine with tap water for lunch and dinner. Sis will probably be brewing her own iced tea in the cabin... she won't drink the stuff from the machines. Neither of us drinks coffee drinks or soda. As we get complimentary espresso/cappucino in the suite perhaps we could ask for bottled water to be subbed instead.

It looks like you'd be given up $150 in OBC too.

In Luminae, if you asked for tea bag iced tea, they will make it, but it will take time, with hot water, over ice. They have REALLY Good iced tea at Cafe Al Bacio, they use tea bags, hot water and an iced carafe. Lots of awesome flavors.

Make sure your TA is giving you OBC too :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

And there's this:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48325693&postcount=17

Most notably obvious for changes, besides the F&B corrections, is the elimination of this:

Special events will take place including a nightly 5:30pm -8pm cocktail hour, live entertainment and opportunities to meet senior leadership

It is a start (clarification)

Credit, where credit is due and all.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

It looks like you'd be given up $150 in OBC too.

In Luminae, if you asked for tea bag iced tea, they will make it, but it will take time, with hot water, over ice. They have REALLY Good iced tea at Cafe Al Bacio, they use tea bags, hot water and an iced carafe. Lots of awesome flavors.

Make sure your TA is giving you OBC too :)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Tea Forte, I just found out this weekend the bars and restaurants in my building serve it that way. Trouble lies ahead for me.

And there's this:

Most notably obvious for changes, besides the F&B corrections, is the elimination of this:

Special events will take place including a nightly 5:30pm -8pm cocktail hour, live entertainment and opportunities to meet senior leadership

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The "clarification" is more in line with what was offered on our last B2B on Silhouette. It is a shame they are eliminating the evening events, as we really enjoyed them. But with the addition of the Sky suites, there is no way they would be able to accommodate everyone.

The "clarification" is more in line with what was offered on our last B2B on Silhouette. It is a shame they are eliminating the evening events, as we really enjoyed them. But with the addition of the Sky suites, there is no way they would be able to accommodate everyone.

Agreed and a sensible approach from X given the increase in entitlement. The events were good but quite crowded even with the lower numbers.

And there's this:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Now they say drinks are throughout the day again, so that's no longer changing.

Onboard currently.

The MCC is VERY concerned about the 3X increase in guests to take care of.

According to the MCC the Reflection is the ONLY ship to receive an "assistant" MCC:confused:

This is what I was concerned about. The experience will become watered down for the higher suites that are used to more personalized attention in MC.

And there's this:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Do we know if the bar will be open all day or just during these hours :confused:?

Do we know if the bar will be open all day or just during these hours :confused:?

On previous cruises there is a bar person there all day. There are different ones during the day and in the evening. The evening one is usually the same one for the cruise but the day time person is usually someone from those who work in the Ensemble bar.

The concierge is there for set hours so if the bar person has gone walkabout (meal breaks etc) they will get someone for you.

Shame the light lunch has gone. We thought this might have been something like a club sandwich.

We thought it might have been useful on 'stay on ship' port days when there is no Luminae. We are not big fans of Bistro.

A small but tasty sandwich with a nice cool beer....ah well.

Shame the light lunch has gone. We thought this might have been something like a club sandwich.

We thought it might have been useful on 'stay on ship' port days when there is no Luminae. We are not big fans of Bistro.

I may be wrong but I don't think there was ever much of a "lunch" served at Michael's... I know on the Eclipse TA this past spring this was not offered.

There's a lot to be said for respecting one's employees enough to inform them of changes.

I'd think that if a RS or the Penthouse calls the MCC, there will be a quick response.

Not if the line is already engaged

......- and how will the guest sitting there feel when they are told to wait because the PH or RS is on the line

......handling change is clearly not Xs strength. When doing a change like this you should ask the customer impacted the customer who will benefit AND those who have to make the change happen. (And that includes right on the ground not just the hotel directors). No organisation has sufficient understanding of the impact of change on the ground from a head office perspective.

.....or have we a culture in the organisation that staff are too afraid to say what they really think

On previous cruises there is a bar person there all day. There are different ones during the day and in the evening. The evening one is usually the same one for the cruise but the day time person is usually someone from those who work in the Ensemble bar.

The concierge is there for set hours so if the bar person has gone walkabout (meal breaks etc) they will get someone for you.

This experience was confirmed to be what should be happening onboard. Concierge has hours, bar is open all day.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We have been in MC on 5 cruises on 3 different ships and a light lunch was never served.

I may be wrong but I don't think there was ever much of a "lunch" served at Michael's... I know on the Eclipse TA this past spring this was not offered.

I've also never experienced a lunch in Michaels. A small plate of snakcks yes, but lunch, no.

One thing to be mindful of so far as the workload for the Concierge is concerned, is they have transitioned the pre-cruise email/notifications to dedicated shoreside staff now, so that's all those emails and replies and more emails they don't have to field any longer.

One thing to be mindful of so far as the workload for the Concierge is concerned, is they have transitioned the pre-cruise email/notifications to dedicated shoreside staff now, so that's all those emails and replies and more emails they don't have to field any longer.

Yes, this will eliminate some work, but it means:

1. There needs to be communication back and forth from shore side to ship, and back to passenger and back to shoreside and to ship for a request such as "can you replace my spirits with XYZ Wine. We don't have XYZ wine but can do ABC Wine, will that work?

2. Having at least an informal introduction to the concierge allowed you to "know" them at least minimally before you ever board.

Not huge deal, but all change is not good.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Regardless of the fact that pre-cruise communication work is now being handled by a shoreside concierge, a legitimate concern is how the MC concierge is going to handle the needs and requests of an increased number of guests. Quite possibly the hours that the concierge is on duty in MC will have to be increased.

Not if the line is already engaged

......- and how will the guest sitting there feel when they are told to wait because the PH or RS is on the line

......handling change is clearly not Xs strength. When doing a change like this you should ask the customer impacted the customer who will benefit AND those who have to make the change happen. (And that includes right on the ground not just the hotel directors). No organisation has sufficient understanding of the impact of change on the ground from a head office perspective.

.....or have we a culture in the organisation that staff are too afraid to say what they really think

I'm sure I never mentioned putting anyone on hold. I'm talking about the order in which requests are dealt with.

I might as well face our next cruise with a positive attitude. If Celebrity can't accomodate their own changes, then we go shopping. At this point no one knows.

Well the concierge won't have to find me a set of cuff links for out next cruise, nor will they have to spend the hours they did dealing with the foul smell coming from the two baths so that will free up many hours to deal with others problems. Not everyone makes use of the concierge. We normally would sort things ourselves.

If you look at the suites as two "groups" as Celebrity did, putting the Sky & Celebrity suites in one group and all the others in another, you will see that other than cabin features such as size or bathroom/shower/hot tub configurations, the perks are almost identical within the group.

Why would I pay a lot more for a Celebrity Suite over a Sky suite when the difference in benefits is nothing? I looked at the website (which I'll admit is probably not completely accurate) and see that the list of perks is the same. The difference in cabin size is just not worth the difference in cost.

I think the comparison between a Royal and Penthouse Suite is about the same as Sky/Celebrity. The only difference in perks I can see is that the PH has a piano. Why pay the difference unless you are a performing artist and need the practice? :D

If you really want the top-level perks, you can get all of them in a cheaper cabin (Signature on the Reflection and Royal on the others).

We have Celebrity Suites booked on a b2b2b next year and if the same sky suite was available for all three, we would probably downgrade to the sky suite (and would definitely not have booked the CS). Not exactly what Celebrity would want.

Edited by bob278