New Suite Benefits - Sky Suites get Michael's Club Access

need2bespoiled

It says right on the offer terms and conditions that it is for one perk. Additional perks for additional fee.

Wrong.

Quoted from the link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/htmlpage/celebrity-suites-offer

"Offer provides each of the first two guests in an ocean view and above stateroom booking with a complimentary Go Big option, which includes guest's choice of a Classic Beverage Package, Unlimited Internet Package, $150 per person onboard credit ("OBC"), or Prepaid Gratuities. For an additional charge, select the Go Better option and receive a choice of two amenities or the Go Best option and receive all four amenities plus an upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package. Guests who book any suite between Nov 16, 2015 to Jan 3, 2016, will receive complimentary Go Best option for applicable sailings that depart Jan. 2016 to April 2017. Charge varies by option and cruise nights."

Happy sailing,

Jenna

For those of you concerned that opening MC to Sky suites will dilute the high quality experience. We are currently sailing on Reflection on. B2B and have spent the last few nights in MC. At most there have been 4x couples inc us, and we have often been the only people in here.

Will see if it continues once it is more widely communicated but for now it's ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This Thread is hilarious. If passengers from Sky Suites are deemed to dilute the high quality experience, what would it be like if mere balcony occupants or others were allowed in?

Just goes to show that some people are very Class conscious. I'm glad that my budget only stretches to a 1A and I could imagine that some of those in SS may be looked down upon by some of those in the higher categories. Just my opinion though, before some of you start ranting and raving.

We were in CS on an Alaska trip and stopped in Michael's a few times, it was always fairly empty and with the drink package we really didn't see too much of a need to hang out there. I though it was because there really isn't that great of a view from the place, just by the door at the end of the bar.

I am thinking SS may find the room more valuable than the upper suites, they have a private bar, "where everyone knows their name." Suites with more space may feel it is crowded on some sailings and they have plenty of private space already.

After my last cruise I am thinking this is where the value is now, SS.

This Thread is hilarious. If passengers from Sky Suites are deemed to dilute the high quality experience, what would it be like if mere balcony occupants or others were allowed in?

Just goes to show that some people are very Class conscious. I'm glad that my budget only stretches to a 1A and I could imagine that some of those in SS may be looked down upon by some of those in the higher categories. Just my opinion though, before some of you start ranting and raving.

This is ridiculous. I don't care who is in Michael's Club, I care how many are in Michael's club and I am one who thinks there is room for all the suites. It's about quantity of people, not quality. We had some social events in our suite, we didn't care what cabins other passengers were in, just that we enjoyed visiting with them.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPad using fat fingers and Tapatalk

We too are considering SS, but were a bit spoiled by the larger suite. We look at a lot of factors from price, value to us, length of sailing, etc when choosing a cabin. SS having MC access is definitely an incentive to consider them more strongly.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This is ridiculous. I don't care who is in Michael's Club, I care how many are in Michael's club and I am one who thinks there is room for all the suites. It's about quantity of people, not quality. We had some social events in our suite, we didn't care what cabins other passengers were in, just that we enjoyed visiting with them.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Well said.....we welcome the opportunity to meet and relax with lots of others on a cruise. We enjoy meeting and chatting with others we meet on trips, at other venues.....

Our concern is a numbers factor. We have completed three cruises on three different ships with totally different itineraries since Michael's Club was opened. Pre and post dinner was always pleasantly 'buzzing' in Michael's. Not full to capacity, you knew you would always get a seat, but definately alive. At other points in the day it would be quieter but you would expect that, so are all lounges and bars. The special events were well attended but we never had to ensure we were down early to get a seat which we are concerned may become the case now....

Hopefully, as others have said, people will stagger their visits and some people may not use at all....What those of us who have already loved the Michael's experience don't want is for it to become a destination where you decide to go to for that pre or post dinner drink and then have to go on somewhere else because you can't find a seat or get served. Michael's would become a non perk for everyone!

With 4 future cruises in top suites booked at present we will be following the use of Michael's Club with interest. We sincerely hope others will enjoy as much as we do. We hope it will be well used and busy but not heaving and bustling.

It's clear that the SS suite is now a very attractive proposition assuming of course that you do not have to settle for one of those 'under the overhang' on S Class. I think we will always choose SS in future.

Unfortunately for X we always used to choose CS.

Well, I for one was annoyed when SS were denied access to Michael's Club. Then do not call it a Suite if the perks are for "Suites". We walked by every night and never saw more than 4 people in the place. It was under utilized, the reason for adding SS. We were told that by a ship captain.

We do not spend a lot of time in our room so SS was our choice. Roomier on the S class ships. We love Luminae and that is our reason for choosing SS.

With ships going more casual (sigh) I feel that things will continue to be more relaxed thru the ships. More changes to come. It is a sign of the times.

Enjoy sailing!!!!!

Edited by cruiserone

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We just upgrade from a sky suite to a Celebrity Suite. Had nothing to do with Michael's club, as we had access to it with the sky suite, we did it because the price offered at the last minute for our cruise wasn't horribly expensive. We did it for the room. We enjoy two rooms vs. one large room. I think those who enjoy the larger suites will continue to do so and while Michael's club is nice, that isn't reason #1 for deciding on a larger suite. IMO

Edited by Cruise a holic

We had booked a CS for our Panama Canal cruise in '17 so that we could access Michael's -- now that SS have access we could have saved some money but we do expect to love that bumped out CS balcony as we go through the canal.

We will go back to a SS for our '18 booking though - the extra space just isn't that big a thing for us -- but with everyone else saying that they'll now book SS too -- watch the demand and prices rise!!! :o

• 1 year later...

I was considering booking a suite on the Celebrity Reflection but they are now saying Michael's Club is being turned into a beer and whiskey place. I was there recently and it served wine and cocktails along with the canapes and was not crowded. They say they will have over 90 types of beer and I am not a beer person. I fear the ambiance will change and it may not be worth booking a suite to get this.

I was just on the Azamara, complimentary drinks all day long and many venues for excellent food was very nice but the ship is very small and it was filled up so much crowded. Service is the best of any of thee 134 ships i have been on. Staff members are always at your elbow and your wine glass refilled before you ask.

I was considering booking a suite on the Celebrity Reflection but they are now saying Michael's Club is being turned into a beer and whiskey place. I was there recently and it served wine and cocktails along with the canapes and was not crowded. They say they will have over 90 types of beer and I am not a beer person. I fear the ambiance will change and it may not be worth booking a suite to get this.

Who are they? I suspect in this case "they" were mistaken.

You'd need quite a bit of space to offer 90 types of beer! I find this extremely hard to believe. Michaels is anything but a busy bar serving lots of beer and whisky.

I am a fan of craft beers and scotch, so a little more variety will never disappoint me though! :D

Who are they? I suspect in this case "they" were mistaken.

I think "they" were a couple of years late to the party. Prior to becoming the suite lounge there was a short attempt at making Michaels a craft beer lounge. That's why a couple of the "S" class ships have the large glass coolers.

• 8 months later...

On the Equinox, Cellar Masters is a beer pub - perhaps that is what you're referring to. I think the Solstice also has a modified version of this

On the Equinox, Cellar Masters is a beer pub - perhaps that is what you're referring to. I think the Solstice also has a modified version of this

No, I have a vague recollection that there was a very short period before the 'new' suite benefits were introduced when some of the Michael's Clubs on some of the ships were converted to a venue for craft beers.

I was just on the Azamara, complimentary drinks all day long and many venues for excellent food was very nice but the ship is very small and it was filled up so much crowded. Service is the best of any of thee 134 ships i have been on. Staff members are always at your elbow and your wine glass refilled before you ask.

We too have just returned from an Azamara Cruise, however we felt that all the hype about AZ just that hype.

To us the staff were no more attentive than the usual fantastic service we get on Celebrity. I also thought the Premium Drink package on Celebrity to be much better, the “free /Included “ wines on AZ were not that good. Seen some of the brands in the likes of Costco /Asda at 3 or 4 pounds per bottle.

Also there were no decent malt whiskeys in their basic deal and to be able to have a Mcclallen or Glenfiddich it cost 23 dollars a day.

We too have just returned from an Azamara Cruise, however we felt that all the hype about AZ just that hype.

To us the staff were no more attentive than the usual fantastic service we get on Celebrity. I also thought the Premium Drink package on Celebrity to be much better, the “free /Included “ wines on AZ were not that good. Seen some of the brands in the likes of Costco /Asda at 3 or 4 pounds per bottle.

Also there were no decent malt whiskeys in their basic deal and to be able to have a Mcclallen or Glenfiddich it cost 23 dollars a day.

I agree fully with you and the other poster's comments about the ships being crowded but do not say so very often because I dislike being flamed by the Azamara-lovers on these boards. The refurb of the Azamara suites was long overdue but, as far as I can see from the pictures although aesthetically more pleasing, the penthouse features were either unimproved (still no door to the bedroom) or reduced (guest bathroom removed).

I agree fully with you and the other poster's comments about the ships being crowded but do not say so very often because I dislike being flamed by the Azamara-lovers on these boards. The refurb of the Azamara suites was long overdue but, as far as I can see from the pictures although aesthetically more pleasing, the penthouse features were either unimproved (still no door to the bedroom) or reduced (guest bathroom removed).

Thank you Sue, it’s nice to know that I am not alone, enjoy your next cruise, always enjoy your posts

Take care