Celebrity Suites the Step Children of the Fleet

CHEZMARYLOU

Those who have problems accepting the changes will surely be resourceful enough find cruise lines that suit them better. After all, many of us moved on to Celebrity from other lines and will probably be moving on in the future.

That's very true,if there are not good reports on service quality and there are overcrowding problems in Michaels in the spring we can and will move our business elsewhere.

Edited by scifimonkey

Likewise it may be sooner if it's confirmed that there is no speciality dining included. This was confirmed verbally I have asked for it in writing as there may be a contravention of UK Trading standards to be considered now - for sky suites they will be able to argue a compensatory product in Michaels but for Celebrity suites it is not the product sold on three counts now (luminae opening times, scale of admittance to Michaels and in our case 2 speciality visits) with no compensatory adjustment. They have done an adjustment for Royal and Penthouse

Edited by uktog

I really cant believe how much complaining there is about suites around here. I consider myself fortunate when I have the vacation budget for a room with a balcony.

Sadly the trend on CC is misinformation and people winding each other up about assumptions rather than fact, followed shorty by over reactions about cancelling every booking and going elsewhere!

We all know Celebrity's marketing materials / website can be horribly inaccurate and what you actually receive on-board is normally really good. I am pretty sure CS will get the same if not more than Sky Suites in reality.

I have sailed on many Celebrity cruise and can assure people that all the annoyance of shore-side soon vanishes once you are on-board being treated really well :)

Edited by iandjm

Sadly the trend on CC is misinformation and people winding each other up about assumptions rather than fact, followed shorty by over reactions about cancelling every booking and going elsewhere!

We all know Celebrity's marketing materials / website can be horribly inaccurate and what you actually receive on-board is normally really good. I am pretty sure CS will get the same if not more than Sky Suites in reality.

I have sailed on many Celebrity cruise and can assure people that all the annoyance of shore-side soon vanishes once you are on-board being treated really well :)

Sadly the information being provided by Celebrity has confirmed CS will NOT get any more and are being required to accept a reduction from what was advertised. The onboard experience may be fine though you do hear the word "no" in response to requests more and more in the new regime. Therefore I remain unconvinced annoyances will completely vanish.

I am waiting for definitive response in writing from Miami before deciding whether to cancel or not. However, my research for alternatives last night did reveal some very competitive options on Seabourn, Crystal and Azamara.

I think it's unfair to call the comments of those directly affected in CS over reactions. It would only be that if we pulled the plug on bookings without giving head office the chance to respond.

I am a TA and just confirmed with celebrity that starting January 1, 2016 sky and celebrity suites will no longer get the free specialty restaurants. I just sent an email to my rep, I don't mind they are changing the rules but I truly believe anyone who is already booked should get the benefits..it should be for reservations made after January 1st, not those already booked

I suspect the two posters here doing all the lecturing will be singing a different tune when they find themselves waiting on a long line at the MC concierge, or having fifteen minutes go by and realize you haven't been able to place an order yet, or producing a Seapass card every time you enter because you're still not recognized even after three days....

I look forward to the reviews following the rollout.

I really don't like directly posting when my comments are not positive, but really?? Everything you just stated is pure conjecture. You are worried about things you have no idea will happen. Report back when those things come to fruition, which is really what the purpose of these boards should be. Instead, some prefer to talk about rumored issues and things they have no idea will happen. Then claim they are going back to the line they prefer. Why book celebrity in the first place?

I have a feeling most service people on the ship will know your name right away, and that may not be positive for you.

I wonder if maybe you should follow your own quote in your signature line?

I apologize if this is harsh, but your comments are very negative and have no factual basis. That kind of hyperbole is not warranted here.:)

With the introduction of Michaels Club to Sky Suites, which I do not object to, it seems that Celebrity Suites are becoming the step children of Celebrity.

For $2-$3K more per passenger to book a CS over an S2 the only thing you get is a separate bedroom and 2 TV’s, which we never watch. You get NOTHING ELSE, No beverage package, unlimited Specialty Dining, 2 bottles of Alcohol or wine, upgraded champagne, separate tub & shower, hot tub on balcony and probably a few more things I’ve missed.

We are booked in a CS for our Eclipse cruise and now have to wonder if it is worth it.

Come on Celebrity, step up and add a few more amenities to the Celebrity Suites since you are asking a premium for them.

CS bathroom is actually smaller than the Sky Suite bathroom....I think to make room for the walk in closet.

I agree with all of this. Frustrating.

CS bathroom is actually smaller than the Sky Suite bathroom....I think to make room for the walk in closet.

I agree with all of this. Frustrating.

OH, come on, you get that one special chaise lounge with the paddling :rolleyes:

Happy sailing,

Jenna

LOL! With three in the room someone is going to have to get up real early and throw a magazine on the lounger bf the others get up! :)

Magazine? I think i would discard it like trash. I think a flip flop or hat works better :D If they leave it too long I'll call the butler to remove it as lost items. :D

"Honey have you seen my ..."

"no dear, where did you leave it?"

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Looking at the floor plan (and remembering the size of the Sky Suite bathroom, i don't see how it can be smaller.

When we were younger we took a Tall ship cruise. Now that was a small bathroom! No tub and the shower was over the toilet. No Michaels Club, just the crew picking up their instruments or piped in music.

Celebrity has never done us wrong. If you feel they are taking the wrong path, tell them. They can't keep competitive if they anger some of their top paying guests.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In fact CSs have now apparently lost the free speciality dinning perk of ......

One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 6N or 7N) or two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8N or more) in a specialty restaurant

So those booked in a CS now will not recieve the perks that where offered when they booked:mad:

Not exactly true. Starting with bookings made after I believe January 1st 2016, they will no longer offer the complimentary specialty restaurant dinners. If you booked your trip prior to the changeover date, you will keep the perks as were in effect at the time of booking.

My upcoming CS featured two nights in a specialty restaurant included, and that's what I better be getting when I embark the Summit in April. I have the documentation to prove it, which I will take with me.

Honestly, the anxiety X has cost me with their "Modern Luxury" BS has made me decide that April's sailing will be my last. I have sailed Seabourn in years passed for less than the cost of CS or RS (I've had both on X), so guess who will be getting a returning patron next year?

I have to say I'm glad I don't have the money to have the stress and anxiety in your life. It must be rough.

I am guessing that for the difference in price you could add on the equivalent of a few of those perks and still end up in a bigger suite with Celebrity

If that is the case and not an oversight, we'll be cancelling the cruise. I just got a brochure from Oceania and they sail out of Miami on the same date Eclipse sails. Since our airfare is already booked at considerable cost, we'll be jumping ship and trying a new line after sailing Celebrity exclusively and being Elite +.

I suspect the two posters here doing all the lecturing will be singing a different tune when they find themselves waiting on a long line at the MC concierge, or having fifteen minutes go by and realize you haven't been able to place an order yet, or producing a Seapass card every time you enter because you're still not recognized even after three days....

I look forward to the reviews following the rollout.

We are in the same boat too and just as livid.

Those who have not experienced the current Micheals provision are probably underestimating how different it actually was and therefore what it was worth to experience a luxury yacht ambiance service and shared experience with a small group of people and yet have a huge ship of facilities to call on when required on the same cruise. Thats what made it worth a lot of money to book a CS rather than a sky. Unfortunately now it is not necessary to have paid that much and those that are locked in by deposits and are unable to respond by switching are quite rightly hacked off.

For those rubbing their hands with glee at their good fortune, sorry to say that on a full cruise you will have gained nothing but another bar to drink in where the drinks will be free but it will almost certainly be rammed and unpleasant in the pre dinner period because of it. If they choose to hold an event I predict that there will be queues outside the door and many angry entitlement discussions.

I feel very sorry for the michaels club hosts who almost without exception have recieved huge praise for their quality of service and their personal approach accross the fleet. They will now probably spend most of their time dealing with complaints and have little time to get to know the guests and anticipate their needs which is what the ones we have had did so well.

Not true I am now having $2000+ taken away from my bank account when I now discover a sky suite would have met my needs. There is nothing the CS gives us that is worth that money and an S1 is in a better location and has a better bathroom/shower arrangement

And I'm being advised to move I have to lose offer perks because that's how X treat UK guests

Totally sucks, the OP is right, particularly for those who have booked already believing they needed to pay extra for Michaels this is a very raw deal indeed. Modern luxury...no is modern Dick Turpin robbery

Lol - This thread reminds me of the loyalty status benefits / suite benefits on Royal Caribbean's page. There is a lot of speculation about service with no documented validation. Classism is alive and well..

Even funnier is someone willing to pay $2000 for 3 to 4 hours of "free drinks" each night. If you did not have Michael's access you would have to drink quite a few drinks everyday to run up a $2000 bar tab. You would even have multiple bars and all days to use trying to get there vs one bar.

Royal's Oasis and Quantum class ships have a dedicated Suite Lounge only for Suite guests and their highest loyalty members. Junior suites are excluded from access so you can still fell special. On some ships you can even get a room on the same floor as the lounge to feel even more exclusive.

Lol - This thread reminds me of the loyalty status benefits / suite benefits on Royal Caribbean's page. There is a lot of speculation about service with no documented validation. Classism is alive and well..

Even funnier is someone willing to pay $2000 for 3 to 4 hours of "free drinks" each night. If you did not have Michael's access you would have to drink quite a few drinks everyday to run up a $2000 bar tab. You would even have multiple bars and all days to use trying to get there vs one bar.

Royal's Oasis and Quantum class ships have a dedicated Suite Lounge only for Suite guests and their highest loyalty members. Junior suites are excluded from access so you can still fell special. On some ships you can even get a room on the same floor as the lounge to feel even more exclusive.

Have said it before, but once more with feeling ..... The CS issue is not just about the drinks!

Its about not getting what you were offered when you contracted to pay for it.

I generally have a premium drinks package so the drinks aspect does not bother me much, though it may be important to others as a part of the CS package, the quality of Michaels as an experience does matter to me a lot.

As for the speculation, it seems that some people do need to be warned that if they run headlong into a wall it will hurt! I generally would not wait to video it and provide them with documented validation.

Since the fuss that has been made here and on facebook X have already reinstated the complimentary specialty restaurant visits for those who have already booked and they have cancelled events in Michaels which will help with heading off some of the overcrowding risk. Providing an assistant or second concierge and additional bar staff or extending the space will probably have to wait until the cruise reports start coming in but they could head off some of these issues in advance too if they wished.

Of course, there may be no problems...... we are just speculating!?!...... but looking ahead is what stops you walking into that wall!

Edited by scifimonkey

Have said it before, but once more with feeling ..... The CS issue is not just about the drinks!

Its about not getting what you were offered when you contracted to pay for it.

I generally have a premium drinks package so the drinks aspect does not bother me much, though it may be important to others as a part of the CS package, the quality of Michaels as an experience does matter to me a lot.

As for the speculation, it seems that some people do need to be warned that if they run headlong into a wall it will hurt! I generally would not wait to video it and provide them with documented validation.

Since the fuss that has been made here and on facebook X have already reinstated the complimentary specialty restaurant visits for those who have already booked and they have cancelled events in Michaels which will help with heading off some of the overcrowding risk. Providing an assistant or second concierge and additional bar staff or extending the space will probably have to wait until the cruise reports start coming in but they could head off some of these issues in advance too if they wished.

Of course, there may be no problems...... we are just speculating!?!...... but looking ahead is what stops you walking into that wall!

Thank you

I am waiting to hear back from Celebrity on the concerns I raised on their FB page. They asked me to email in, which I did. Interestingly, it is beyond the three business days for their response which might mean they are giving some thought..........or it might just be inefficiency.

I have noted there and on here several posts from people cancelling CS bookings. Maybe that penny is still dropping.

To me, its a simple one, give the CS the same perks (unlimited (or a slightly lower number) dining, internet and drinks package) as the PH and RS. You are giving some of these already to many as booking perks and you can keep a real premium price on these rooms. Had they done that from the outset I think although people booked in these rooms would have worried about the crowding in Michaels they would have been much less unhappy than they are now

We normally book a veranda, but were upgraded to a Sky Suite (6145 on Millennium). We loved the extra space and dining in Luminae, but frankly, were not overwhelmed.

It is an individual choice, but spending double (from a veranda to SS) is just not worth the cost.

We hope to try a suite, but right now not worth $2000 to upgrade from AQ on our present bookings. That's a big jump...and we'd lose the Persian Garden and spa relaxation room.perks we enjoy! And we really like BLU.

DH had the chance to enjoy Michaels when it was a classy cigar lounge with a nice humidor. Subsequently, we enjoyed Elite breakfasts and late afternoon get togethers there before the numbers led to moving both to other spaces.

It was also open to everyone at certain hrs as a small piano bar (M class) We liked the configuration of the room better on M Class.

Hope it doesn't get too crowded. We feared that about BLU due to the then AQ suites (now converted to suites) but we did not experience crowds...at early dinner hours. Glad Celebrity will honor terms and conditions as per booking date.

Edited by hcat

and they have cancelled events in Michaels which will help with heading off some of the overcrowding risk. Providing an assistant or second concierge and additional bar staff or extending the space will probably have to wait until the cruise reports start coming in but they could head off some of these issues in advance too if they wished.

All of this has been refuted.

Celebrity official has come back on one o ft. threads to say entertainment is still happening.

A guest on Constellation currently doing a live report has asked and personally observed that extra staff is being trained to assist in the clubs to help with extra people.