hollyjess

hollyjess

Welcome Holyjess!

I've been to the Caribbean numerous times, but not on your ship.

You'll have a wonderful time.

Here's a link to P & O boards http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

Here's a link to the Caribbean boards

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

Cruise Critic is full of wonderful, helpful information....read read read :)

glad you found it!

As you can see, if you don't put a subject in the title block when starting a thread, it will default to your screen name. Using a title will get better answers to your questions.

Going on Ventura january 18th cabin P319. Any comments welcomed please.:p

Yes, hon. I know these boards can sometimes be tricky to navigate. The best thing to do is to go to the specific board for your cruise line - someone already kindly provided that for you. Click on the link in the post below and it will take you to the P&O board where you can read about Ventura and ask your specific questions there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38 <---click here

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Hi- we're on the same cruise...We're not in a P cabin this time, but have been before. It's a good place to be on the ship, because it's near the atrium and the all important Costa coffee bar!;)

For such a long cruise, with so many sea days, I feel it's good to be at the heart of things like that. You also are handy for the P deck launderette -I'll be washing our winter things before we reach the warmth, and having them ready for the cold return...

About your actual cabin- I don't know details, because we were in the 330s somewhere just behind the art gallery.

When we finally reach land, you may find that the gangway is on that deck, so it's easy to get off, and no waiting for lifts when you return. In fact, we used to just have a quick breakfast at Costa- a Danish pastry or similar ( cakes are free if you buy a coffee) and off before the crowds.

There is a roll call on this site, if you're interested. :)

Just a thought...on the way out we're docking at Madeira, and the Azores on the way back. They use euros, as does Martinique....and they can be used in St Maarten....so bring some along! Otherwise, buy some dollars for all the other islands. We usually have some €€ around....

• 2 weeks later...
My husband has booked assistance in Southampton so we were wondering whether we will be given an embarkation time for our Ventura cruise in January.

Re-read post #6 and click on the link provided there. That will take you to the P&O forum where you can get those questions answered specific to that line.