bringing liquour

dippydoo

Hi,

I believe that we are allowed to bring one bottle wine/champagne on board per passenger. Should i bring my bottle so its chilled earlier in the day when we get onboard? Or should i wait till we have dinner?

Thanks

You are correct that you can bring one bottle per adult. If it is convenient for you to bring it chilled, and you want to have it for sail away, by all means do so. You can put the champagne into the mini fridge to stay chilled or ask for an ice bucket and glasses and they will be provided.

When you consume it is completely up to you. :) Enjoy your cruise.

Just remember, that once a wine is chilled, it should never be allowed to get warm again.

Huh???????????

I've been drinking wine for over 40 years, and I've never heard that.

Oh, I get it. You just threw out a line, and I was the one that was hooked.

I need an ROFL emoji. :D

Being a wine lover, I have always been told by the various wineries I buy my wine that once a wine has been chilled to keep it so and not let it get warm again. Most wines that are allowed to get too warm (70F+) will degrade so carrying a bottle of wine aboard in a hot climate unprotected is not a good idea. Of course this does not apply to two buck chuck which is cheap wine.

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!

Edited by satxdiver

Hi,

I believe that we are allowed to bring one bottle wine/champagne on board per passenger. Should i bring my bottle so its chilled earlier in the day when we get onboard? Or should i wait till we have dinner?

Thanks

Are you asking the members of this board when you should drink your wine?:confused:

Huh???????????

I've been drinking wine for over 40 years, and I've never heard that.

Oh, I get it. You just threw out a line, and I was the one that was hooked.

I need an ROFL emoji. :D

I was in the wine biz for years......trust me on this one, once it's chilled, don't let it get warm again.

I was in the wine biz for years......trust me on this one, once it's chilled, don't let it get warm again.

Sorry, CG, I'm not buying it.

I can't say that I've done it often, but, again, in 40+ years of wine drinking I have never detected a problem with a wine that has been chilled twice. Also, again, in 40+ years, I have never heard anybody say that.

Now, the fact of the matter is that if I carry a chilled bottle of wine onto a cruise ship, and I do not open it immediately in my cabin, I'm going to put it into the little cabin refrigerator. So, problem avoided.

Also, in the spirit of self-education I have posed this question on an on-line wine-oriented forum. If you would like to see what other people have to say, feel free to monitor the conversation, here. If I learn something, then it will be a good day. :)

Hi,

Thanks

There are really two questions here. Each passenger over 21 years of age is allowed to carry on one 750ml of wine/champagne free of charge. This is for use in your cabin. If you wish to have it chilled or not when you carry it on board is up to you. Every cabin has a fridge and a bucket of ice.

Now the second part. You mention dinner. If you bring your bottle to the dining room you will be charged a $15/bot corking fee.

Now the second part. You mention dinner. If you bring your bottle to the dining room you will be charged a $15/bot corking fee.

Not if it is your one bottle per person that you check in with the wine table at embarkation. The mark it such that you won't pay the corkage fee.

Not if it is your one bottle per person that you check in with the wine table at embarkation. The mark it such that you won't pay the corkage fee.

We've brought wine on board (just our allowance) on 3 cruises (Fort Lauderdale X 2 and Quebec City). They never marked our bottles but then I never asked them to since we intended to consume it in our cabin since according to the Princess Policy that's where they must be consumed:

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage,
which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom

If you are intending to take the bottles to the MDR, I would not assume that they will mark them without paying corkage.

Edited by capriccio

Wrong.

If you bring your own wine to any bar or dining room, you will be charged the corkage fee. Wine brought on board is meant to be consumed in your cabin. You can, however, pour some in a glass and walk around the ship freely with no worries, just don't visit any bars or dining rooms.

Wrong.

If you bring your own wine to any bar or dining room, you will be charged the corkage fee. Wine brought on board is meant to be consumed in your cabin. You can, however, pour some in a glass and walk around the ship freely with no worries, just don't visit any bars or dining rooms.[/QUOTE]

Not quite true. You can always carry a glass to the dining room without question.

I stand corrected, I guess they can't tell where your glass of wine came from unless they use different glasses in the cabins as compared to the bars.

I've never found that anyone really cares on way or the other. We very often use the water glasses to bring our own drink to the DR.