fireball in a wine bottle

Jcastle431

I typically don't get involved in any of this stuff because I don't drink for the most part. And that's because it makes me feel bloody awful, sometimes as soon as two hours later. Doesn't matter what, if I get a decent buzz going then two hours later I have hot/cold chills and tachycardia. Some kind of intolerance, I guess. But these threads do make me wistful. If people enjoy something enough to go to these lengths to have large quantities available, I am obviously missing out.

Might be more typical than not.:confused:

I know they're hangover symptoms, but I get them very soon after consumption, even something as innocuous as a single hard cider. Believe me, everyone makes it seem like so much fun, all the drinks packages talk, everyone on television constantly knocking back scotch or red wine after work, and I'm not all that young: I've TRIED for years to become a drinker, body just won't cooperate. :)

(And then I am ravenous the next day.)

I know they're hangover symptoms, but I get them very soon after consumption, even something as innocuous as a single hard cider. Believe me, everyone makes it seem like so much fun, all the drinks packages talk, everyone on television constantly knocking back scotch or red wine after work, and I'm not all that young: I've TRIED for years to become a drinker, body just won't cooperate. :)

(And then I am ravenous the next day.)

Read it twice. Still not sure that what i said had anything to do with any of your issues. So sorry that drinking has such an adverse affect on you.

Please accept my apologizes if you were offended by my post..

Let's hope the OP comes back and let's us know how it worked out. For the rest of you out there... YES Princess reads these boards. They aren't stupid. Everyone that is going to smuggle, please please tell your story. Princess loves to hear them. Why do you think NO booze is allowed on board anymore. We used to have tons of bottles in our cabin, sitting out with no consequences. Now, I wouldn't even consider bring a bottle on board.

Before anyone asks - we usually travel with a group and our room seems to always be the "place to be" so we brought alcohol for our guests.

Read it twice. Still not sure that what i said had anything to do with any of your issues. So sorry that drinking has such an adverse affect on you.

Please accept my apologizes if you were offended by my post..

What? Not offended at all. We must have wires crossed. :)

So how do you know that Princess monitors this website?

Cruise Critic is the single biggest website for the exchange if information relating to the cruise industry with the most active Bulletin Board, by far. Now, I can't sit here and tell you with absolute certainty that Princess monitors this Board, but in a world where every major corporation has an entire department dedicated to social media, and almost all use screening software or third-party services to monitor what is being said about them in cyberspace, just how passive/stubborn/ignorant/lackadaisical do you think PCL is, not to monitor what its customers and prospective customers are saying about the company here on this Board? It would be nothing short of corporate malpractice not to monitor what goes on here.

So how do you know that Princess monitors this website?

I know for a fact that.........Captains/General Managers/Cruise Directors and I am sure a few more onboard/corporate staff monitor CC.

Its a wealth of info for them.

What makes you think they don't?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

I know for a fact that.........Captains/General Managers/Cruise Directors and I am sure a few more onboard/corporate staff monitor CC.

Keith, I'm glad you posted this because now I feel I can ask what I was going to ask without sounding like a horses butt....

I was going to blindly ask.. how does anyone know for a fact they do.. and I do agree with the above post that it would be assnine of any company not to monitor a board this active... specially when you think how much revenue is spent by companies TRYING to get their customer's feedback, including PCL and CCL.

So, my question to you is... with as many cruises you have under your belt and the relationships you have built with many of the employee's of Princess...has someone actually told you they do? Short of anyone having a conversation with someone or receiving written communication indicating they do.. aren't we all just "presuming" they do?

At out Meet and Greet on the Royal Princess (for Cruise Critic members - clue is in the name) - the first thing the staff said was words to the effect of "We know there is no central staircase or promenade deck - we have read it hundreds of times!"

Now where could they possibly have read that?:D

At out Meet and Greet on the Royal Princess (for Cruise Critic members - clue is in the name) - the first thing the staff said was words to the effect of "We know there is no central staircase or promenade deck - we have read it hundreds of times!"

Playing devils advocate? Customer comment cards for one.

I never said they don't, but I would be surprised if all of those people mentioned monitored Cruise Critic.

Exactly....

CD Richard Joseph is a member of CC, he used to post pretty regularly. Others Captains/General Managers/and a MD or 2 have told me that they watch CC and have quoted things like you saw about the lack of a center stairway on the Royal/Regal.

Princess corporate also posts here on CC under "Princess" And as stated above it has been mentioned at M&G's too.

Capt. Yeomans would let CC members know onboard that he was following the live thread and quoted things that he read. ;)

They would be amiss if they did not.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

True story (and I have the evidence to prove it).

This was not on a Princess ship, but on NCL... I was writing a "live from". We had a bit of a situation in Morocco and I wrote a thank you note to the captain. I received a hand written note back from the captain. In the post script, he complimented my writing style on Cruise Critic, implying he was reading my posts as I was writing them. It certainly gave me pause.

I would be willing to guess that the major cruise lines pay very careful attention to these things as some posts have hundreds of thousand of hits meaning these situations read a wide audience.

Princess sure does and you can bet that whomever is monitoring the boards is thinking, "Hmmm.... Western Caribbean this week on the CB, last name Castle."

Precisely!!

This is one of the reasons they now take out your 2 bottle allowance and inspect the seal and the cork ever so carefully. OMG -- never seen anything like it and was wondering what the fascination was with my bottles of (legal) wine. Thanks for that Jake Castle!! :(